Topic: Welcome to Gaming World (Read 290 times)

• VILLAIN
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
Yes, that's correct, and then there's also
[hide] and [spoiler]
plus a few others, but those are just for legacy purposes.
  • Group: Member
My old alias, jman00, I can't remember the log-in on that, and PROBABLY for the better, I'll stick with my current alias. = v =;
  • eating pinecones
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
My old alias, jman00, I can't remember the log-in on that, and PROBABLY for the better, I'll stick with my current alias. = v =;

if you do want access to your old account, or if you want to have your post count adjusted to match just let us know. :)

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
Inspired by this topic, I went through some old GW-related files on my computer, found a folder named "interesting" from 200X, containing only the following file named "reality69.gif"...

I think about this stupid random quote like once a month even now almost 20 years later. Make it stop.
0-------0
|Belross|
0-------0
  • professional disappointment
Inspired by this topic, I went through some old GW-related files on my computer, found a folder named "interesting" from 200X, containing only the following file named "reality69.gif"...
I think that was one that I made? I know it was a Pokey bootleg and not a real one, and I did make a bunch of those, making sure to get the font right and everything, but that was so long ago that I actually can't claim credit 100%. I guess that's good that it has withstood the test of time either way, but.......

I think about this stupid random quote like once a month even now almost 20 years later. Make it stop.
If that was me, sorry about this. Kinda. I'm kinda sorry. I'm also a lot not-sorry, but also still probably kinda sorry in some nebulous, unquantifiable way.
  • eating pinecones
i don't think I ever posted any of them but I do have a memory of trying to make bootleg pokey the penguin comics in MSPAINT when I was 11 years old because it seemed like a cool thing to do.

pokey the penguin is one of those timeless things.

one of my favorite ones:

I also remember learning of Dinosaur Comics from here (possibly from Drule?), and enjoyed them enough that I purchased a book.

I think that was one that I made? I know it was a Pokey bootleg and not a real one, and I did make a bunch of those, making sure to get the font right and everything, but that was so long ago that I actually can't claim credit 100%. I guess that's good that it has withstood the test of time either way, but.......

I think that's right, I now definitely remember it downloading it from your website or something, and that there were a bunch of other bootleg Pokeys. Maybe this one was in your signature or something for a while
  • Fuzzball of Doom!!!11one
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
this is amazing! thank you so much to dada and all others who contributed to the effort. the remade theme is great, making me nostalgic for the era before the Internet's enshittification. i'm thoroughly enjoying looking back through the archives, and i'm happy to see some recognizable folks posting on this revamped system already. welcome to the salty oldbies as well as the noobs~
semper games.
  • eating pinecones
Love seeing the fuzzball of doom in action over here again. :D

• now das fresh
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Hello everyone. It's nice to see you all.

I don't intend to steal this but I just found it in my uploads, enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXUmM9rW-lU
yes coulombs are "germaine", did you learn that word at talk like a dick school?
  • Heartfelt Games LLC
Wow, I'm surprised my old username and password combo works.  Weird to be back in my old middle school stomping grounds now that I'm married and have a kid the age I was when I first joined the forums...
Still making games at http://www.heartfeltgames.org/  Also active on twitter at:  @TrueYomic
  • eating pinecones
Nice to have you here Yomic! Let me know if your post count needs to be adjusted because it seems oddly low. :P

old ass lurker but holy shit, I was afraid "saltworld" was no more only to realize i got time warped back to 2006. Much appreciated. There's no way to bring back the old days or make the hot new indie site but it's nice to have stuff archived to return to.
  • eating pinecones
There's no way to bring back the old days or make the hot new indie site but it's nice to have stuff archived to return to.

yooo yeah I don't think that we will be able to reach the golden oldie days levels of activity but the fact that we have managed to get a few people posting here counts as a victory to me.

Wow, I just tried my old nickname 'SirDark' with a password I left using more than 15 years ago and it worked :buddy:

Well, I don't remember so much of the old GamingW, as I'm Spanish, I remember that I was just looking for an English speaking RPG Maker community then to know some of its games and I remember downloading 'CoasterCraft Gold' (which I still have in my computer), register in the forum, send a private message to his author Scorp, look some forum topics... But I never was an active member because my English was really awful then (probably like now :doh: )

Today I'm an active collectionist of Spanish speaking RPG Maker games, since I'm one of the administrators of Alianza RTP, whose aim is trying to recover the maximum amount of these games, and I also collaborate with other users and communities in recovering their own games, if possible.

It's great to see Gaming World Forums back :happy:
  • Heavenly King
Decided to randomly reminisce about this place and somehow it's alive and well, and back to being GW instead of SW to boot.

Damn son.

Also, thanks dada for recovering my account!
  • i am a swordsman
I decided today would be a good day to go ahead and rearrange a few things in my apartment. Moved a few furniture here and there, cleaned out my closets and drawers, I ended up throwing a whole bunch of stuff away.

To wash it all off, I logged back in here and saw my earliest posts from almost twenty years ago and that made me really look forward to that psychiatrist appointment in two weeks. Holy shit, what was the matter with me
  • Administrator
Modern UI's got nothing on ~2005 Gamingw theme