Art - CC needed The Screenshot Topic (Read 106130 times)

• Its all fairy-ish.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
Welcome to the Screenshot Threatd.
Craze is the leader now, so you better listen up.

RULES:
  • Post screenshots, not blog entries. It's fine to talk about what's going on in your game, as long as it is pertinent and not excessively long. The definition of 'excessively long' will be decided by moderators on an ad hoc basis.
  • Try to keep it fairly civil. If you don't think that somebody would want to endure reading your retort to something, put it in a PM.
  • When you quote screenshots (or any image, as a general rule), put it in a hide tag or just take the image out of the quote altogether. The only exception to this rule is if the screenshot was near the bottom of the previous page and you don't think many people would see it otherwise.
  • Don't post eighty screenshots within a single page. If you simply must show off a glut of images, put them in a hide tag.
  • Use the GW Uploader (look at the top of the page!). We don't want to look at imagebucketshack ads.
  • Anything I say or do must be done.
  • Post your own screens. If somebody else made them, ask them before you post. Make sure that we know they're not yours!

THE GIMMICK:
So, I'm your government leader now. Sudden dictator, if you will. Here's the deal: I'll occasionally post a theme, and if you post a screenshot that fits the theme, then you'll get a Tax Refund. Nifty, huh? The person with the most Tax Refunds by the 1000th reply gets to make the next topic! For the purpose of member rallying, I am only giving Tax Refunds to people who are not a mod or myself. We've already made these topics! In the case of a tie at the end (or if it's a steady tie throughout), sudden death will go into effect. This may or may not include a CONTEST.

CURRENT THEME: :blarg: (BLARG)
Can you make Craze throw up?

Tax Refunds Awarded:
Cray
Calunio
King of Games
bi0hazard

Note: I made this because it has been TWO DAYS since the last one 'ended' and I was next up anyway. Also, The_Ghost, feel free to repost your stuff here.
Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 04:45:07 am by konix
  • HEEEEERRRREEE'S JOHNNY!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
This the new screenshot thread? Right-O, stickying.
Me and Tom Under the Boardwalk ... there is so much fun to have under the boardwalk
  • Here's what I think about anything you have to say!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
First screen of the topic  :fogetcool:​.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/967946252/rainfall-the-sojourn
  • Super Saiyan Sam
  • PipPipPip
I like that char, The Ghost. And the background, and that cutie owl. The tree looks a bit weird though.

Not new, but I guess I hadn't posted this on the screenshot topic... and it's as Metropolis as it can be (the city was actually going to be called Metropolis):

• "Woof"
  • Pip
Calunio, I honestly cannot wait to play this game.
  • hey you! stop cheesing off!
  • PipPip
@The Ghost: Kind of empty but the scene is still really cool. I don't see anything wrong with the trees but the snow looks tiled.

@Calunio: Thats a nice amount of detail and everything fits pretty well. I hope you are going to put in a minimap or something.
  • GW Staff: Article Alcoholic (Current Mood: Happy!)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
How about an icy metropolis?

Ok, so 3 igloos don't really constitute a metropolis, but I tried. :P

Anyway, this isn't an in-game screen. It used to be the conclusion screen at the end of the demo I released way back, so I spruced it up a bit and took a screenshot. Think of it as a small teaser to the full game that should be released soon.
  • It's coming along nicely...
  • PipPipPip
As my name suggests, I care not for your theme. Here is an anti-metropolis screenshot.

Wasn't going to post any until I got to working on the town, but since there's a new topic!
Sweet online game in alpha.
http://trisphere-rpg.com/index.php?refer=bucchus
  • Master of the Blackflame
  • PipPipPip

Umm no Metropolis yet >_<

"Lastly, hidden with the bottom confines of the ship lays “The Dreamer”, with his eye closed and quill in hand he rests. His dreams, his ambition, his strife will be transcended to all those on this voyage."
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
First screen of the topic  :fogetcool:​.

The screen is nice, but horribly lacks "depth perception". It looks like that area is adjacent to the sky or something. You should change the sky to something that has a visible horizon.
  • Here's what I think about anything you have to say!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Maybe I will try that Gutts, I knew the sky was off.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/967946252/rainfall-the-sojourn
  • hey you! stop cheesing off!
  • PipPip
@AlucardXDemon: Is that custom? It looks awesome.
  • Sunflower of the Jollyflower Games
  • PipPipPipPipPip
^ It's custom.

In the Works:
[RM2K3::SFF-RPG] Wailing Mongooses in Gildepazzo

Under Hiatus/Literary Work mode:
[Lit/Rm2k3 :: Interactive Drama] NetGame Saga PROTOTYPE
[RMXP :: RPG] NetGame Saga
  • >you
  • PipPipPipPipPip
@Ghost: Adding to what Gutts said, I think the sky is too bright for it to fit with that chipset...
  • Forgotten Neural Kiss...
  • Pip

• I need to watch things die
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Everything looks so futuristic and gritty I love it!

Edit: Just noticed you have a demo out - I will play it on my break  :)
Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 09:06:07 am by crumply
  • Comrade!
  • PipPipPipPip
Selva. I wouldn't call it a metropolis, but it is one of the larger cities in RealmS.

Still have a lot of NPCs to create but it's getting there. Looks a lot different than it's original version, too. ^.^

Alucard: I like those graphics. Custom? Pretty smooth.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Remember what happened to that game that was made, and it was good up until they started adding gimmicky crap onto it?
Once the project was scrapped it gave birth to this topic...

The screenshot topic is unnatural now, it's breaking the flow, I'm not a fan of this fad...
Craze I want to see a better theme such as......... caaaaaves ooooOOOOooooo
  • Oy yeah baby!
  • PipPipPipPip
Ok I've got a large crop to help start this off. COMMENTS REQUIRED, Not requested.  :fogetcool: Also: DONT tell I need more filler bullshit like npc, I already know. im looking for overall design tips.

Entrance to the residential district of carmian city. Each section of the city is actually underground, but maintained by the Mage guild to appear to be just like you were outside.

Portal Room to reach all the districts in Carmian city.

The Church of Yvene in the residential district.

I did some minor changes to the world map, the lines between travel look MUCH better now IMO.

A small bazaar outside the portal room. Here is where you can buy your first pet. Pets will randomly attack or cast spells when in battles. The stronger the pet the less chance of them appearing in a battle.

And finally the intro to my game. I apologize for the size and quality. WATCH IT IN HIGH QUALITY IF YOU CAN!  This is what I want the most comments on. I promise that my game isnt quite as cliche as my intro!
$280 USD Donated GamingW

F*CKING Awsome Games that I support!

• Photochop Suey
  • Pip
Ok I've got a large crop to help start this off. COMMENTS REQUIRED, Not requested.  :fogetcool: Also: DONT tell I need more filler bullshit like npc, I already know. im looking for overall design tips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjL_oPrKSXI
And finally the intro to my game. I apologize for the size and quality. WATCH IT IN HIGH QUALITY IF YOU CAN!  This is what I want the most comments on. I promise that my game isnt quite as cliche as my intro!

I like the first few screenshots you have there. I'm getting that western rpg vibe from the dialog. It definitely has some great potential to go far.

I'd definitely like to comment about the intro video though. It has some big problems. The first 48 seconds are brilliant. The dialogue is decent, but I'd maybe reword a couple thing. The music and tone are both great, and I was really interested in what was going on, and then you changed the music (twice), and you started making amateurish rpg maker mistakes. I don't know why people think rock music and rpg maker go together, but they don't. Just leave the music to that first tune you use.

Now the next thing I want to point out is the pace of the action. The action in this scene should be a lot shorter than it is at the moment. Lord William should jump in and kill everyone within 10-15 seconds, BECAUSE currently there's just too much emphasis on HOW he's killing everyone. It's too slow and dull. I'm more interested in who these people are and why they're attacking this airship. The last thing I want to point out is the sound effects. They just kind of turn me off. See if you can find something that isn't as distracting. Also the battle animation toward the end looks pretty bad. I'd change that too. There are a lot of great dark magic animations out there to use.

ALEX III