Dev - Gamemaker denzquix Windows 3.1 Solitaire project (Read 380 times)

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
so I'm really bad at developing my ideas, this is one I had a long time ago now to make a game that looks like Windows 3.1 Solitaire with the green felt surface, but the rules of the game keep changing and new objects appear on the table and it becomes this big sprawling Calvinball-like experience. but I've had trouble working out how to design it. here's some art I started anyway though

The 9 of Cards: They're perforated, you can split them apart and play a tiny sub-game

Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 09:37:43 am by denzquix
  • Worthless Protoplasm
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
coke can is great
http://djsaint-hubert.bandcamp.com/

• VILLAIN
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
Good lord that Coke can is so 3.11, I love it
  • Kaiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
holy shit @ coke can... ragnar quality... also that gameboy is suprisingly NES/ or maybe like evocative like MOTHER the game 
  • o
really like the idea, keep it up

i wanna bump into those coke cans with a micro machines car.
  • i don't like change
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I already love it. You can just make up the rules arbitrarily while just coming up with random things to add to the board. (For instance the coke can could change any suit of card to either a diamond or a heart by rolling over it)
Also put in a magnet. You could drag cards into the floppy disks, then run the magnet over the floppy disk, and all the cards come flying back out glitched. (You'd have to make it also affect the screen on the game-boy to make it completely authentic though)

Really the only hard thing to design would be any sort of actual objective. I doubt this kind of game would be any worse off for not having it though.
  • TV people want to leave
This is incredible
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
looks good. keep us posted
  • sharing is despairing
I'm diggin' it all, but now I kind of want to see the floppy disk slot into the Gameboy and make it cause the can to appear then roll out of the screen, changing from 4 shades of olivine to the finely-dithered one here. Then maybe it could spin on its side and open and a flag could shoot out that said "DEWEY DEFEATS TRUMAN". 

But really, awesome Coke can & ditherwork. Looks like just 6 colors in all... awesome.
Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 11:36:39 am by Zephram
  • PEW PEW PEW
I had a dream, like recently after not having seen this topic since it was posted, of a game of solitaire with cards stacked with floppy disks and like loose screws rolling around, and one stack was just a heap of garbage that looked like one of the burnt houses from Castle of the Winds.
Microtransactions -- each random event will charge 5 dollars to your credit card / paypal.