Topic: [WIP] Chain Game 4 (Erave: Final Chapter) 12/30 (Read 41833 times)

• SPECIAL EFFECTS
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
ARRGH! You may well want to table this thing for now and jump to Chain Game 5.
I suggest if you do that you guys have a general planned-out difficulty arc all laid out when you start- or at least keep in mind the fact that the USUAL way of structuring a game is to Get harder as you progress! If the very first chapter is pull-your-hair out difficult- as with this one- many people are likely to throw up their hands and not bother with it. I'd also like the DBS to be allowed so newbies like me can work on it.

1. DBS is horrible.
2. This isn't supposed to be such a structured game. That's why this Chain Game sucks! It tries to make too much sense. People need to just have fun with it and do things completely randomly, not make like BEST GAM EVAR or something like that. It's not a community project, it's just a chain game. That's why I chose to kill major characters off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
It's not a community project, it's just a chain game.

Uh what? How is this not a community project?
The Misadventures of Crimebot
  • SPECIAL EFFECTS
  • PipPipPipPip
Uh what? How is this not a community project?

I mean community project in the sense of the community getting to make a game that isn't a chain game. As in members work on one large project rather than individuals working on links of a chain.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Yeah, but it's like we have any other outlet for community projects (by which I mean each person working on a chapter in a contiguous game, not each person being responsible for one field; i.e. graphics, music, et cetera) so why not use this as one? ALEX is for silly unrelated chapters, this should be for one story continued overall. I think most people did a pretty admirably job of keeping the story moving forward.
The Misadventures of Crimebot
  • Watch out Kitty! The room turned sideways!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
yeah man have you ever played one of the chain games before? like they're not supposed to be SUPER SERIOUS or anything but you're really not supposed to throw a HUGE FUCKING WRENCH in the story that makes absolutely no sense and throws it in a completely different direction.
  • SPECIAL EFFECTS
  • PipPipPipPip
Yeah, but it's like we have any other outlet for community projects (by which I mean each person working on a chapter in a contiguous game, not each person being responsible for one field; i.e. graphics, music, et cetera) so why not use this as one? ALEX is for silly unrelated chapters, this should be for one story continued overall. I think most people did a pretty admirably job of keeping the story moving forward.
Kaempfer that is a horrible idea. this game is a horrible representation of GW. (or maybe a really good one... heh)
And no, I disagree, chain games are more like ALEX. What is the point of making it separate chains if each segment is not meant to show off the creator's individual style and methods? Which is basically ALEX.

Also, I "threw in a HUGE FUCKING WRENCH" on requests from people who had created earlier chapters because of this basically. You lost the whole chain game atmosphere. You do realize people were going back and changing peoples' individual "chains" in order to make the game cohesive? How the hell is it a chain game then? That only should be for working out bugs. Otherwise it's basically whoever is the last person working on it, is the person working on the game. The game is essentially subpar in almost every way (the writing is really shitty) except people are all like SUPER SERIOUS. I liked RPG's chapter. It was random, silly, and broke up the monotony of SUPER SERIOUS JRPG or whatever the hell.
  • I Love Myself
  • PipPipPipPipPip
I want my RM2k days back! Somebody break the curse!
[insert something here]