Readme GENERAL INFORMATION - Standards and Consistencies (Read 1158 times)

• No that isn't me in the avatar!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
After playing Darkpriest's first chapter (which is very good), I decided to set some MINOR consistencies we all have to follow.

TEXT BOXES:
\c[2]Person Talking\c[0]:
Text here.

AREA NAMES:
If you enter a new area for the first time have a text picture show on screen the name of place. If you need to get a good example of this feel free to copy it from Darkpriest's chapter.

HERO SPEED:
Hero speed should be set to 4 in any city/dungeon/indoor area. Speed should be reduced to 3 on the worldmap (if there is one). Remember to set them correctly!

SAVE POINTS:
Put one at the end of your chapter. Set saving to off and having saving only allowed by save points. Copy the save point from the first chapter and add new funny dialogue (ala CG1) if you wish.

I might add a few more simple templates inside the game that you can easily copy and paste for things like Treasure Chests and Save Points. That way you don't have to worry about making them correct. Once I get the game again I'll be sure to create a map with all these easy to copy things.

Very simple stuff, but gives it a nice consistency. Thank you.
Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 12:37:49 am by Erave
Below are things I've taken part to create:

Channel Changer 1-3 Complete
Easy Mac Complete
Easy Mac 2
Last Legend

www.myspace.com/tylermiremusic
  • Gamemaker > Rm2k
  • PipPipPipPip
AREA NAMES:
If you enter a new area for the first time have a text picture show on screen the name of place. If you need to get a good example of this feel free to copy it from Darkpriest's chapter.

Actually, the name comes up in my chapter every time you switch areas. You might not notice this because you probably won't do it much. Here is how I visioned it to work:

FORBIDDEN WOODS MAP 2 - FORBIDDEN WOODS MAP 1 - ELEGY CENTRAL MAP 5 - ELEGY CENTRAL MAP 4 (not real names)

Like when you go from forbidden woods 1 to elegy central 5 you get the picture and vice versa. However, if you go from Forbidden woods 2 to 1 or elegy central 4 to 5 you don't get it. Simple, no?

Other thing are the savepoints. They are surrounded by on touch events to get that flash+sound when you stop on one, check my chapter on how it's done for details (very simple stuff, just copy&paste will work).

Also someone needs to come up with a good system set, it's still the default one.

edit: don't have world maps :( they are boring and serve no real purpose in chain games really
<Drule> I can play the didgeridoo actually
<Drule> some guy on the street taught me
<Drule> come to think of it
<Drule> it was pretty gross how I played on his didgeridoo

so wrong...
  • No that isn't me in the avatar!
  • PipPipPipPip
I think Save Points should continue the tradition of funny quips. That in my opinion brought a lot of life to the game. I would generally vote against Worldmaps but if it's necessary you can add one, but keep it SMALL!
Below are things I've taken part to create:

Channel Changer 1-3 Complete
Easy Mac Complete
Easy Mac 2
Last Legend

www.myspace.com/tylermiremusic
  • Mystery Solving Musician
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
I worked on one:

• Gamemaker > Rm2k
  • PipPipPipPip
I think Save Points should continue the tradition of funny quips.

Yeah I was going to add some but I couldn't come up with anything funny.  :fogetnah:

I'll leave that to everyone else! (you can add some to my savepoints if you feel like it)

so wrong...
  • I Love Myself
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Sounds good, everything seems great so far! ;) But, I don't have to argue with anything here ;)
[insert something here]
  • Call me Fid, just Fid.
  • Pip
I worked on one:

uuuuuuuuuu looks classic. Anyone tested this yet? (I haven't, I'm just giving my opinion from what I see here lol)
Standing up for what I believe in, even if it means standing alone.
  • ?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Hey, I have an idea. How about after every chapter ends we throw in a save point? If we want to have consistency and have the savemaster800000 or whatever appear, we could have him come in and ask a question or two about the chapter, like "What happened here, Choice A, B, C" and if you get it right, you get praised, if you don't, you... don't.

I dunno, I just think saving after each chapter would be a good idea! What about a summary after the save, too? I dunno.

I'll put that system set in game now, btw.
  • I Love Myself
  • PipPipPipPipPip
That sounds pretty interesting, but I don't know exactly what point it would have :\ I understand the saving, but I'm not too keen on the question or whatever, it serves no purpose (unless, of course, I'm stupid or something :p)
[insert something here]
  • ?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Well you see, I don't think it's much use either but maybe if we dressed it up a little it could be fun? I dunno. It's just that the save point has a reputation from previous CGs to make "funny" remarks whenever you talk to it, so if you wanted to save without the save point it would be unconventional or something

argh
i don't know :(
  • Mystery Solving Musician
  • PipPipPipPip
Uhh, I was just wondering if there was an original main theme (music). I don't think there is one, but maybe I just couldn't find it.
  • Gamemaker > Rm2k
  • PipPipPipPip
Uhh, I was just wondering if there was an original main theme (music). I don't think there is one, but maybe I just couldn't find it.

There's no original theme yet (and probably won't be either).

so wrong...