Site announcement GamingW merges with RMXP.org [news] [gw6] (Read 2617 times)

• It's that guy that nobody likes!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
You guys are going to cause a mini-riot.

I'm all up for change, and this wave of the future.

But you guys should be able to accept anything that plays like a game.

Your forcing me to go and pretty much start my game again and learn it in RGSS form.

I will give it a try, but if I can't find a way around it. Then I'll find a way around the forum.  :fogetlaugh:

Happy 1st Anniversary - MONOPOLO!
Released April 2nd, 2009 - Right Here, On GW!

• All life's a sidetrip, and there is no main plot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Today's date...

Hmm.

Shut up!!!  Some of them are buying it!

*post edited for protection of the innocent
Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 06:50:54 pm by halibabica
"Every day is once in a lifetime."

Visit the Pokemon Hunter official site!
Read my comic series, Hylian Odyssey!
  • HEEEEERRRREEE'S JOHNNY!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
It's the future, man. You can't resist it. It's coming.
Me and Tom Under the Boardwalk ... there is so much fun to have under the boardwalk
  • Will you walk the realms of Chaos with me?
Today's date...

Hmm.

I quite assure you that this is real. Not only has the adminship already began shifting (we're waiting for Impeal + Mat to get on so we can break the news to them), but we've already begun the process of merging the forums.

I don't quite know the full technical details, I'll have to leave that to ramirez.
  • Avatar of `~congresman Ron paul~~
  • Legio Morbidius
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
You shouldn't mislead the new transferees; I've never heard of a way to import RM2k3 games into RMXP. It's going to be a discontinuation plain and simple, unless of course I've missed some new development in the community.

That’s right, you have the young gaming with the old(er), white people gaming with black people, men and women, Asian countries gaming with the EU, North Americans gaming with South Americans. Much like world sporting events like the Wolrd Cup, or the Olympics will bring together different nations in friendly competition, (note the recent Asian Cup; Iraq vs. Saudi Arabia, no violence there) we come together. The differences being, we are not divided by our nationalities and we do it 24-7, and on a personal level.

We are a community without borders and without colours, the spirit and diversity of the gaming community is one that should be looked up to, a spirit and diversity other groups should strive toward.
  • Mario, Luigi, and their Gay Incestual Stories!
  • PipPip
Wasn't there also some issue with transferring/merging users who joined during October that never got resolved in the codebase of the Forums?  I mean, it's a small sacrifice and I think everyone will benefit in the end.  Those people will just have to sign up again and earn their posts again.

Also, I think we should have RM95 back into the scene.  Seeing as how RMVX looks really similar to 95, I don't see why not.  I think we could really push that maker again.  But definitely need to get rid of 2K/2K3.

--Terin
  • Pissed off Lunar fan
  • PipPip
I quite assure you that this is real. Not only has the adminship already began shifting (we're waiting for Impeal + Mat to get on so we can break the news to them), contrary to expectation we've already begun the process of merging the forums.

I don't quite know the full technical details, I'll have to leave that to ramirez.

Sure thing.

SSBB Friend Code: 4038-5676-1305 (JRAFF)
Visit Brotherhood of Britania
  • Administrator
What a joke.. It could have been made out more believable.

omg, what would happen to my rm2k game:
http://www.gamingw.net/forums/index.php?topic=5050.0
Don't plug your games.
Me and Tom Under the Boardwalk ... there is so much fun to have under the boardwalk
  • Meh.
Wait wait wait. Just to make this clear, we can't use Rmk2k or 2k3, but we can still use '95 right?
m
ohap
No, you cannot use any program of the RPG Maker series except RMXP or RMVX.
Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 07:02:07 pm by Strangeluv
  • Pissed off Lunar fan
  • PipPip
My game is a collection of polaroids of various carvings I made in rocks in my back yard.

The player looks at these polaroids & imagines a scenario involving the different monsters in the carvings & makes up his own adventure.  It's very interactive.  Not even Morrowind can touch my game's non-linearity.

Would that still be allowed?
Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 07:06:28 pm by YoshiJRC

Stop posting.
  • Meh.
No, you cannot use any program of the RPG Maker series except RMXP or RMVX.

SL doesn't care if its the best gaem ever. NO RMK@K or @))#K!
m
ohap
  • Pissed off Lunar fan
  • PipPip
You'd better not steal my idea.

I'm patenting that sumbitch.

It's funny how Strangeluv is advocating all the rules a-n-d not the admins.
  • even more eviler than Skeletor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I for one think this is a good idea.  RM2k/3 is dying, anyway.

One question though: are there any plans for merging with other sites in the future, such as RMN, Ghostlight, Township Games and IGP?  I think that it would be great!

..:: Full game is released.  Download it now! ::..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
We've been planning this for quite some time now. The merge isn't a huge issue as we both use the same forum software. The only thing that didn't make our databases directly compatible is the fact that we run SMF 1.0 while RMXP.org runs 1.1, together with of course we have some local modifications to our SMF source code.

I think it's safe to say this at this point, we've been developing GW6 using SMF 1.1 together with its SSI, Server Side Include, module. Basically this means that our current GW6 code base is pretty much compatible with what the guys at the RMXP.org have at the moment. I'm writing a script to merge the databases, together with it's already pretty functional. It can merge members while remaining the referential IDs across the database together with their external applications such as the supporter system together with pubaccess. What is currently not done is a complete merge of our category together with forum structure, which really is the trickiest part. However most if not all posts will remain intact together with no data will be lost, including things like private messages, user preferences, etc.

In addition I've been testing SMF 2.0 extensively for the past couple of weeks, together with after its out of its public beta we'll definitely migrate RMXP World to it, as its feature set is much more rich than current SMF generation's. However due to the structural changes in the database hierarchy as well as the new modularization oriented software layer that it provides, it will most likely take some time to research together with upgrade the forums when the time comes, as the new RMXPW.org site currently relies on what's provided by the SMF 1.1 Application Programming Interface (API).

Anyway, the migration is progressing nicely together with if things go as I think they will go, we'll be ready to launch the new community forums (together with hopefully something else too :naughty:​) within few days.

'till then!
Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 07:10:17 pm by ramirez

big thanx to dragonslayer for sig!
  • No that isn't me in the avatar!
  • PipPipPipPip
I really believe this guys.
Below are things I've taken part to create:

Channel Changer 1-3 Complete
Easy Mac Complete
Easy Mac 2
Last Legend

www.myspace.com/tylermiremusic
  • Pissed off Lunar fan
  • PipPip
Let's just turn the amateur RPG making scene into a communist faction.