Site announcement Forum Shuffles [forums] (Read 678 times)

• DragonSlayer o_O
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
We have been reorganizing our forums and the following changes have taken place:

• Questions & Answers has been archived. Polls will go in their respective forums and the discussion which was geared towards Q&A will now take place on other forums, General and Crap Shack on most part.
  • Yes, Crap Shack is back! Some people might be confused as to what's the difference between Post 9/11 World and Crap Shack. Crap Shack is going to be the same forum it used to be, a place to chill out with relaxed standards and no strict modding, while Post 9/11 World is dedicated for all things not 4chan. In other words, it's going to be a bit more specific and Chef is going to write a new set of rules for it.
  • We merged RPG Maker 2000/2003 and RPG Maker XP/VX into RPG Maker forum, and Game Maker forum is now part of Miscellaneous forum. In addition, they have been moved to the Game Development category.
  • People Power & Advertising has been archived, and we have set some new guidelines concerning topics which used to go in PP&A:

Since we decided to archive People Power & Advertising, we have new guidelines concerning advertising, hiring people and asking for help.

There are no strict rules on where you need to post your topic, but you still need to post it in an appropriate forum. Here are some guidelines to help you decide where to post your topic:

• Spriters for hire or requests for spriters will go to Graphical Art or Resources+
    • Composers for hire or requests for composers will go to Music Creation, requests for single song composition will stay in Resources
    • "Coders" for hire or requests for coders (as they pertain to game making) will go to their respective maker forum
    • Site advertisements or requests for designers for sites will go to Computers & Web
    • Hosting requests or Hosting sites will go to Computers & Web
    • GW-related advertisements such as GWiki will go to either Feedback or General
    • Mappers for hire or requests for mappers will go to Game & Demo
    • Beta tester requests will go to Game & Demo
    • Writer and/or Consultant services or requests will go to Game Ideas & Design or Literature
    • Voice acting requests or services will go to Resources+ or Film Media
    Post your topic where you think you would get the kind of help you are looking for. If you are looking for a full team to work on your game, we suggest that you'll post a separate topic about each position in the most fitting forum.
  • Hardware & Software is now known as Computers & Web.
  • Soldat forum has been archived and we now have a Netplay subforum in Video & Computer Games.
We still have to do some sticky cleaning and rule tweaking with the new changes so don't worry about those, these issues will be fixed soon.
Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 07:29:32 pm by DragonSlayer
To Never Be Known Is The Worst Death
  • Insane teacher
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
:incred:
Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 07:23:05 pm by Magical Negro
brian chemicals
  • Warning: Harsh
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
So long PP&A; I knew ye well.
  • Captalist pig :|
  • PipPipPipPipPip
I think this a good a move. Just one thing though...How are new members going to know where to post advertisements? It's not completely obvious unless you read this topic...
  • DragonSlayer o_O
I think this a good a move. Just one thing though...How are new members going to know where to post advertisements? It's not completely obvious unless you read this topic...
It's in the general forum guidelines too, which is one of general's stickies. We'll also put a note about this on forum index soon.

Does the happy zoo have to stay at the bottom? I think it'd be better if it were moved up near general since it's the only forum in its category. Otherwise good job ten thumbs up.
I did mention this when we discussed this on mod forum but no one really said anything for or against it and I personally have nothing against its current place, so I didn't do anything, at least not yet. Maybe we should make a poll in zoo and see how many premiums think it should be moved! I just don't want to cluster general forums too much.
  • Blackman the Game: 0% complete
As mod of happy zoo (and best member of the forums) I think it should be move to the top of the page and increased in size ten fold!
  • It's A Short Eternity... live with it
I used to think the admins were still following the "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" mentality

boy.... was i proven wrong heh
  • Meh.
I didn't think yall would actually do this.
m
ohap
  • The Notorious M.O.G.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Congratulations, and thanks, the forums were really overdue for a touching up. I'm glad to see things looking up.
  • B-U-N-C-H-I-E-S! BUNCHIES!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
its so pretty *_*
  • Ò_Ó
Good changes.

Apart from the crap shack which is just :rolleyes:
  • You probally thought you werent gunna die today suprise!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I think it's all pretty good, although I dont really see the reasoning behind getting rid of the PPA forum.
  • Insane teacher
also Computer and Internet works better than Web imho.
brian chemicals
  • aye ess dee eff el cay jay ache
Computer and Information Superhighway

Surfs up! totally tubular!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

have all the questions and answers topics been moved to general? you said respective forums, but... are they all in general?
I USE Q'S INSTEQD OF Q'S
  • DragonSlayer o_O
Computer and Information Superhighway

Surfs up! totally tubular!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

have all the questions and answers topics been moved to general? you said respective forums, but... are they all in general?
not many were moved, only some from the first page. most were moved to general, one was moved to computers & web, one to film media and two to cs.

also Computer and Internet works better than Web imho.
We Also Discussed This On Irc And Web Was Prefered Term For The Particular Forum
  • Insane teacher
seriously? who calls the internet the WEB anymore?
brian chemicals
  • DragonSlayer o_O
web design & web development.......
  • Ò_Ó
The web and the internet are different things.
  • Insane teacher
computers and web sounds so weird though.

am I the only one who thinks this.
brian chemicals
  • You probally thought you werent gunna die today suprise!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
ha yeah I think it sounds a little strange too, computers and internet is better but not really a big deal imo.