GW Server Info, Admin Panel, etc (Read 155 times)

• PipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
So, now I have somewhere safe to post this, you will need the following details:

Server Info
Address: radio.whahay.net
Port: 8000
Password: a06e5ff8

At the moment, you can give this information to those you think would make good DJs (on request). If you don't like the idea, you can keep the information from them, but check the opinions of the other council members before saying an outright "No you can't DJ".

Admin Panel
Address: http://radio.whahay.net:8000/admin.cgi
Username: admin
Password: e4c948

Here, you can check who is listening (address, connect time, etc), gain a little more info about the DJ on (IP etc) and kick/ban the listeners or DJ. Please don't abuse this, only use it if someone is breaking rules. Also, be sure to post in the "Bans & Troublemakers" topic when you do, so that we know who has been banned and for what reason.

This Forum
So, pretty much this forum is our playground 8D

Here we can post topics about new ideas for the station, updates, and share opinions on events/people on the station, and whatever is related to moderating this place. It's more efficient than IRC (not everyone can be on all the time!) and mass PMing.

So, as soon as you have an idea, post it here and see what everyone else thinks. You can post ideas in the main GWRadio forum, but it's advisable to post them here first just so we can share our views on it first (I'm all for the community being involved with how this place is run, but it's safer to get the approval of most of the council first before we start throwing ideas at them).

If there is a serious issue, post it here so that we are all alerted to it. If it's a troublesome DJ, post in the "Bans & Troublemakers" topic first to let us know something is up, and once it becomes out of hand (but you are still unsure of what to do) then post a topic and we'll see what happens ;d

Site FTP
For now, I will keep the FTP info private. There's no real reason why anyone needs this information at the moment, same for database info. Should you need it, contact me with reasons (ramirez also has the information, but I would prefer if you spoke to me, though if I am unavailable and it is urgent, go ahead and ask rami).

Updates
Any recent updates will be placed here.

Update - 01 Feb 2006
This forum has been opened, leafo wrote up a guide for Foobar2k. VB informed me that a DJ might be giving out the Server info, and that Iaman was on without checking that it was ok. We must keep an eye out for this, I don't want just anyone hopping on and off whenever they feel like it, we might as well just disband, throw all the information out there (admin panel and all!) and sit back and watch.

Also, sorry about delays on some of the work. I'm at the end of a college block, which means PROJECT DEADLINES. They are smoothing over now, as I have slowly got on top of things, so I will be getting more done. It's just bad timing that's all ;d

As for the site and schedule, schedule will come first. I will have ramirez setup a MySQL database for us, I'll code up a little PHP page to display the show information in some basic form (just until the site is up) and I'll start taking applications. It would probably be wise for us to change the password at that point, so that people follow the application procedure. More information to come.

For a site design, well unfortunately design is my weak point in web development. I'll think up something, but Jeff has kindly offered to help. If I run into problems, I'll ask him to give me a hand with it. We currently don't have an official logo/banner as of yet, but Medieve is going to do this for us (I'll pay him via paypal).

-----------------------------

And finally, the more people we can attract to hang around IRC, and to use the sigs, the more active this place should become (once things fall into place, they already are!)

So, now that that's cleared up, all I can say is "FLY MY PRETTIES, FLY!"

(This topic is open for discussion on new updates, and for any problems with the above. Please quote the specific part you are refering too, as this topic may or may not become quite long (i.e. no one will know what you are on about))
Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 05:54:26 pm by Mike