Games Inside the Gamer's Studio #12: AlucardXDemon (Read 417 times)

• Warning: Harsh
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
This time I got to talk a little bit with AlucardXDemon. Who's known for making those heavily edited RTP games. He's not exactly too known around the GW community, but he's been a regular in the Screenshot Topics and has been found posting in G&D. Unfortunately for us, he's been in and out of the community.

Credit goes to TFT for this interview.

♥INTERVIEW WITH ALUCARDXDEMON♥

This time I got to talk a little bit with AlucardXDemon. Who's known for making those heavily edited RTP games. He's not exactly too known around the GW community, but he's been a regular in the Screenshot Topics and has been found posting in G&D. Unfortunately for us, he's been in and out of the community.

AlucardXDemon The Human Being

TFT: So, can you tell me a little about yourself and how long you've been using RM. I think this is the most important part of the interview.

AlucardXDemon: Ok, well I'm Chris Amaefule, known as Alucard on the forums. I started using Rpgmaker on the Playstation around my 7th Grade Year. Basically since I was 13. I am 19 now so a little more than 6 Years. Rpgmaker was kinda seen as my escape from the real world. As a child I had a crazy imagination, and I could only write and draw out my ideas. However, when I found RM I was able to fully express my ideas on a digital level. It allowed me to create the worlds I had dreamed of as a child.

I go to College at Baylor University in Waco, Texas. There I am studying Biology on a Pre Med Track. I love soccer, and I used to Play running back for my football team. My main hobby besides RM are girls, and working out, lmao, I guess girls aren't what you call a hobby,  But I mean, it works for me ;P

TFT: ~Mateui *Boing*

AlucardXDemon And The RM Truth

TFT: So tell me the your opinion about the RM community.

AlucardXDemon: Honestly, I turned my back on the RM Community two years ago. I thought it was dead, basically when I first joined Gaming World. I saw beautiful works of art from creators such as DE,  Neophyte, Xeno|soft, and Twin Tail Fox, not to mention others. Made we want to strive to create something out of such a program, and so I tried. I tried time and time again, however on the bigger scale away from my community, RM was viewed as a child's toy. How could I stand out when using a stolen piece of software? I wondered back then, and with frustration, I left RPGmaker.

However, in the past two years, I have tried to develop, become a game maker. Learn various languages,  ran to the sciences of languages. Learing C++ in order to become on pare with my friends who were already creating monstrous program. I was left in the dust, and no matter how hard I tried I could never catch up. I felt as if I had fail in two paths:

1) I could never complete an RM2k3 game.
2) I could never be recognized as a development giant.

These problems continued to plague me, that was until 3 months ago when I came back to RPGmaker 2k3.  It was there that I realized that GW was still up and running. and had undergone a new look,  basically becoming sexy as hell. With my old home changed, I had to start development on something to add to the group of RPG.

TFT: Wow. That's pretty deep. But anyway, do you think a lot of people in the RM community try to shoot high when it comes to game design?

AlucardXDemon:
Yes. Basically when you see designer giants such as Neo. and co., you begin to feel inferior and the only way a beginner can gain recognition is by aiming high, by climbing that high mountain.

TFT: Do you think it makes it harder or easier to have that "shoot to be the best" mindset?

AlucardXDemon: I think it makes it harder. I believe its a double edged sword really, one way it makes it harder, because you try to compete with the big dogs, in a territory they have been playing on for years.  But then on the other hand its easier because you have direction where they did not.  You have a light to guide you on your path, while the RM Titans had no one. I know myself I have tried to compete, I know I have tried to become as good. however, fear is what stops me, fear drives me away. The RM Developers we knew in the past had no fear, or if they did, they did a damn good job not showing it!

TFT: Do you think that's why there is little quality in RM games now? Higher standards that eventually flop?

AlucardXDemon: I'm not too sure about this question. Standards always increase. However, with our community, I see too much of the same thing. Its like a terrain of hills, When one great hit comes out i.e. legend of the philosopher's stone,  we expect someone to strive to make something better, however, the next big hit is seldom if ever as great as the one before it and especially with the nature of our community. All games are today are a hype fest, hype, hype, hype it up. The previews we see, the games we drool over, they rarely see the light of day. Is it because of the greatness of those who came before us, or is it because we are just not focused anymore. That's the real question that should be asked.

The problem with our community is that there is no growth, no one new with new ideas, everyone just wants to wait and have the veteran's release another hit, which is absolute bull shit.

TFT: Do you think the quality of games have changed because the "oldbies" have moved on?

AlucardXDemon: I do, however is it really their fault for moving on? They created their masterpiece, or are still working on it. It is up for the new crowd to come in and expand on this. Make their own masterpieces and thus boost the community into another golden age.

TFT: So do you think the "Golden Age" of rm is over?

AlucardXDemon: Sadly the first golden age is long gone. Those games that defined RPGmaker,  NigSek, Final Fantasy Endless Nova, ABL, Legion Saga, etc.  Where are those great hits now?

TFT: In WIPs basement.

AlucardXDemon The Game Designer

TFT: So, let's talk about your game projects now. Give me the low down on what you're working on.

AlucardXDemon: Ha, I'm happy we are talking about the present because the past was a hazy road for me. In recent times I have picked up a new indie MMORPG called Last Ninja Onlibe. Initially I was a general member of the forum, but as it is now I have resent to the ranks of a concept designer, Head of the Writing department, and head of the Spriting Department over at LNO. Basically the game is based on the Narutoverse, but takes place 130 years into the future.

Last Ninja Online is the second MMO I have worked on, and will be my last upon its completion.  Apart from team projects, I have dusted off the key board and began a new RPGmaker 2k3 project I call Meister und Bediensteter("Master and Servant" in German). The game is what I believe will be my masterpiece here at Gaming World.  have walked out on projects before, however because of the great grief I have experienced these past months, and this entire year. I believe that Meister und Bediensteter will have a driving point, which is growth, and maturity.  Like many of my past games Meister und Bediensteter is a hands on game.

Players dictate the actions of their in game persona, and based on these actions the overall environment of the game changes. Meister und Bediensteter is based on the Book of Revelation in the Bible. Basically I incorporate the views and evils of the world into my projects. My characters, my worlds are all based on things I have seen, events that I have read about, everything is influenced by reality. And Death, a concept I could never really grasp in my other titles.

TFT: Is that where your inspiration comes from? Life?

AlucardXDemon: Yes, basically life and death, and the emotions that come with both.

TFT: What's your favorite part about designing your game?

AlucardXDemon: Drafting and story writing, I'll admit it I may not be a Game Designer. But I am a writer. I love crafting the story, the characters, the world.

TFT:  Can we expect a release anytime soon?

AlucardXDemon: Definitely a Demo by October, I will continue work, but as school approaches again I will have to slow down. But I would say a definite demo by October at the lastest.

TFT: Well okay, buster. I really appreciate you taking the time to talk to me!

AlucardXDemon: No prob man, its been a while.

TFT: Well there you have it. A man with a dream to revive the golden age of RM. Friend or Foe? You decide, internet..you decide. Also, check out his trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80PYYhTOaTU

*Expands Muscles*

Eddie Murphy just called, and he told you to eat a dick

Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 06:33:41 am by GZ
  • HEEEEERRRREEE'S JOHNNY!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
AlucardXDemon is the guy on the left, by the way.

Also great, inspiring interview... it made me feel something... golden age of RM.. gone? Game looks good also. Good work, fellas!
Me and Tom Under the Boardwalk ... there is so much fun to have under the boardwalk
  • Gythol Granditti will be out "soon". Honest.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
WIP needs to allow GW inspectors into his basement or i think we should declare fullscale war on RMN. who knows what gems are in there...
Seriously dude, this is the best interview so far.

Quote from: AlucardXDemon
I think it makes it harder. I believe its a double edged sword really, one way it makes it harder, because you try to compete with the big dogs, in a territory they have been playing on for years.  But then on the other hand its easier because you have direction where they did not.  You have a light to guide you on your path, while the RM Titans had no one. I know myself I have tried to compete, I know I have tried to become as good. however, fear is what stops me, fear drives me away. The RM Developers we knew in the past had no fear, or if they did, they did a damn good job not showing it!

This is so true. This guy has deep RM philosophies
Me and Tom Under the Boardwalk ... there is so much fun to have under the boardwalk
  • Who's the boss? Not you, bitch.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
We all had dreams of becoming RPG Maker Titans back when we got in the game. But where are our dreams now?
Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
Ummmm..... Anime?

Can you say YES?!
http://marklisanti.tumblr.com/post/126620624/i-can-totally-relate-harold-i-am-a-farmer-and-i
  • Artist and Emo loser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
i don't remember doing this
  • Master of the Blackflame
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Member
Eddie Murphy just called, and he told you to eat a dick

lmfao. I think I look more like Charlie Murphy but whatever.

Also that link to that game is down, If you code, add this link instead. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80PYYhTOaTU

"Lastly, hidden with the bottom confines of the ship lays “The Dreamer”, with his eye closed and quill in hand he rests. His dreams, his ambition, his strife will be transcended to all those on this voyage."
  • I need to watch things die
Good read that. Always enjoy interview articles :)
Were you on the phone with Eddie Murphy there, Charlie

How did you get your hair jheri-curled like that. That is v. cool

Tell us more about girls you are interested in, and has games helped you mack one