Site events GW Olympic Update: 14/09/08 [community] [game] [olympics] (Read 690 times)

• :O~
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member

GW Olympics 14/09/08 Update[/size]

The Olympic Medals table after 3 event:

Country GSBPoints
NED 2--6
USA -215
GBR 1-14
AUS -1-2
IRL --11

GW Olympic Speedrun
Between the previous update and this one, the second GW Olympic Speedrun Event has taken place and finished. In an attempt to be slightly more obscure than the previous event, Adventure Island was chosen, using the opening level for the run. The competition was heated from the opening day, receiving 29 entries throughout the time limit. After a few twists and turns, the Gold medal was taken again by Dada, who won the previous event. Only just missing out was DeadPhoenix who claimed his second Silver medal, while Goat managed to take the Bronze medal away from Mr. L.

Street Fighter Alpha 3 Tournament
The tournament is in full heat now, and several fighters have been knocked down into the Loser bracket. HL, host of the tournament fought through two opponents, safely defeating Feldschlacht IV but being destroyed by Speedrun Event Bronze medallist Harland. Harland went on to defeat Esh to fight the winner of the match between Bisse and Roogle.

Roogle started his campaign with a 2 – 0 victory over goat, while Bisse, Man-O-War, Grunthor and LordTyphoon all proceeded through to the next round of the Winners bracket through technical faults and missing opponents.

GW Olympic Trackmania Event
The Trackmania event, a time-attack racing game on Steam was held and decided today. Five competitors took part in a series of races which ended with Gold going to Great Britain’s crumply, Silver awarded to Australia’s Carius and a Bronze going to another Brit, Sarevok.

That's all for now.
youtube.com/teamhibbert
  • I need to watch things die
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I need to win some more medals so that GBR can reign supreme (I just wanna beat rockman I don't care about medals).
  • Have a nice daze.
Can't have Ireland at the bottom of the table. There's going to be another speedrun event, right?
  • :O~
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Not too sure yet. I'm considering moving on with some other events first at least.
youtube.com/teamhibbert
  • Fascist
  • PipPipPip
I don't like the scoring. One gold should beat five thousand silvers.
"I'm just a nationalistic Swedish-speaking Finn"
"Aivan, mutta suomalaiset juovat toki olutta."
 I never forget an Insult nor do I forget a compliment.
  • rap singing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Hopefully there's a bunch more events so we have a fair amount at the end.
  • w00t for custom sprites
  • PipPip
Excellent, Britain's third on the table. Now we just need to keep going to get further up the table.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
I feel like such a loner in these games, and I also think that I need to enter events I suck at to rack up more points.
  • I need to watch things die
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Its cause you're the only aussie dumb enough to stay up so late! Get some sleep!