Dev - RM2k3 [DEMO] Sore Losers: Riot Grrrl (Read 2211 times)

• Forgotten Neural Kiss...
  • Pip
  • Group: Member
In between testing (possibly) the best amateur role-playing game ever (Alter A.I.L.A Genesis, for those who haven't seen me ranting about it all over the forums), playing far too much Football Manager 2010 in preperation for the new release (I just have to get FC United to win a Champion's League trophy before I make the move over), trying to finally finish Final Fantasy XIII (so much optional content in such a short space of time, what the fuck!?), winning football tournaments (okay, this was a while ago, but it did get in the way!) and... well... working (that chemistry PhD thing I do on the side and all the stuff that comes attached with that) I have finally managed to get the second level of this game finished!

Now to prettify the battle-animations; all these default animations are really bugging the shit out of me!

So far I only have a few of Cheska's animations finished and, to be honest, squeezing them all in is going to be a hassle (so many skills, so few slots!)... Blerg. Give it a year and I might be near finishing (the whole thing, that is; not just the animations!)
  • Pip
After 150 downloads, I've decided that the current demo is so horribly outdated that it's not worth having up anymore. A multitude of things have changed since it was uploaded and seeing it being played made me realise this. I may upload an updated version of the demo in the future but I couldn't possibly say when I'd get around to doing so.

Thanks to everyone who played and commented on the demo!
  • Pip
DEMO VERSION 1.3 NOW RELEASED! CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD!

Updates:

- Now able to carry two weapons at once.
- Minor graphical tweaks.
- Minor tutorial and dialogue tweaks.
- Redesigned ConvoBattle and Battle sequences.
- You can now "retry" battles if you lose them
- Other minor stuff that needed fixing.
  • Pip
I've added two new videos to the gamepage.

One of them is an updated version of the (really) old battle-system video, which means that people can now see how the "Interact" skill has replaced directly damaging environmental objects, see how (some of) the new battle-animations look, see how (some of) Cheska's new character-animations look, see how much better the battles look when they don't use the gauge system and... see whatever else I have changed since July 2009.

The other video both showcases and explains the ConvoBattle system, which will hopefully give people some insight into how you should approach those types of battle. I don't want people thinking that you should just choose an option randomly and hope for the best; there is some reasoning behind the choices you have to make. I just hope that my limited writing skills don't get in the way of this system working out for the best.

For the latest video updates you can subscribe to my YouTube channel but, if I'm being honest, I don't really expect to make that many videos. Having a full version of Fraps at hand does help, though...
  • HO HO HO
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
what riot grrrl is in this game and how do you feel about ari up dying recently (RIP)

game looks pretty cool though
http://angrygeometry.wordpress.com
  • Pip
@Dicko: The Riot Grrrl monicker is a pun on the game being set in a riot and the main character being a woman. It's not really music related, although some of the battle-music I am using could be classed as riot grrrl music...

---

New screenshots? Let's do it!

It's a shame currency is useless in a riot because the till looks pretty unguarded.

*Insert Linkin Park Joke Here*

"So, I go to the shops to get some milk and this, like, lunatic in a fucking FORKLIFT TRUCK comes out of nowhere..."
  • Pip
I've put up a new blog/review site on Blogger. I'm probably going to update it more often than I would this page because I'll probably update it with stuff that isn't really about my game (kinda like this post isn't!). I know it is just a bunch of old reviews right now but I will add more stuff in the future (honest!), so if you're interested then feel free to add me and if you have a similar blog then let me know so I can follow you back;

Also, in case you didn't already know, I have a YouTube account too and I try update it with relevant stuff as often as I can. Add me if you have an account there!

As for the game itself, I'm up to ~Level 3-18 (out of 30ish) so things are coming along nicely. Erm, when I have something more than "lol i mayd mre maps" I will write a proper update!