FPS [COMPLETED] Alter A.I.L.A. Genesis (Read 6780 times)

• A Toast!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member

Background
Alter A.I.L.A. Genesis takes place in a post-apocalyptic world. You play the role of a young man known as Leon, who seeks to survive in the harsh environment he is brought into.

Exploration is done mainly via a side-scrolling view. In certain areas, an exclamation mark will sometimes appear, indicating the presence of hostiles. Press Z when this happens to initiate battle, or wait to let it pass. Sometimes battle will be unavoidable. When walking, enemy encounters won't occur.

The battle system revolves mainly around each character's Abilities, which are a set of commands specific to that character. Abilities require AP and EX to use. AP is gained every time a character takes a turn. The default is 2. EX is gained every time a character uses an Ability. The default is 1. Note that this may change depending on the situation.

Trailer courtesy of Sum Gai. Thanks buddy![/center]

Controls
Z: Action/ Confirm
   Up: Interact with Above/Background
   Down: Interact with Below/Foreground
X: Menu/ Cancel
Shift: Hold to walk/run
F4: Toggle Fullscreen
F5: Toggle 2x Size
F12: Reset to Title

Known Glitches
Due to the limited functionality of the RPG Maker 2003 engine, there are various glitches and bugs which are unfortunately unfeasible or impossible to fix:
   - Sometimes during an action, the battle data of a character will be temporarily overwritten with another character's, causing them to not perform as expected for that round.
   - In certain cases, player actions can be interrupted by the enemy or other character's actions. To minimize the occurance of this, wait for current actions to finish before selecting an action with another character.
   - Using items and guarding doesn't trigger the code to check for enemy deaths. You need to actually use an ability, or let the enemies take a turn.
   - Although not a bug, Active Mode should be changed to Passive Mode in the in-game menu to prevent enemies from acting while you are taking an action.

Hints and Tips for Boss Battles
- Don't expect to just be able to spam regular attacks until you can use your Exceed ability. You won't win an attrition war with the enemy party.
- Always target the enemy's weakness if you can. If you want, think of this as a Shin Megami Tensei game. :P
- Make sure to keep your HP up. The vast majority of bosses have pretty powerful high EX costing abilities that'll wipe out your party if you're not expecting it.

- That said, keep in mind, the enemy is subject to the same rules as the party. In other words, they're also gaining AP and EX, and they also need it to use their more hard-hitting abilities. So if you can prevent them from using them while still retaining the ability to use yours, you'll be able to beat any boss.
   - You can tell how much EX an enemy's ability uses by looking at the name of the ability. Similar to your character's abilities, it'll show up as the number of squares on the left side of the name.
   - Of course, the above passes quickly so isn't that reliable of a method. As a general rule, you can expect that:
      - Anything that uses an element other than Force likely costs at least 1 EX
      - Anything that does multi-targetting likely costs at least 1 EX
      - Anything that hits everyone hard probably costs 2 or more EX
      - Anything that outright kills someone from full health, or makes you swear "Bullshit! That can't happen!" is likely an Exceed ability.
         - Chances are it'll also be very flashy.
   - Obviously, there's going to be some exceptions, but for the most part, this can be followed.

- Don't ignore Field Effects either. Bosses don't, and the Field Effects they use generally stack things in their favor. It's not just about dealing as much damage as quickly as you can. A lot of times, it's also about controlling the situation.
- Modes, Field Effects, and Boost ailments all stack. If you're creative, you may be able to create a situation where you can pretty much negate everything the boss throws at you, while tossing out Exceed abilities every turn. Bosses won't stand a chance.

DOWNLOAD LINK - RMN

October 10, 2010

Notes
- This is a re-make of the first Alter A.I.L.A., therefore it is not required to have played the original.
- The RM2k3 RTP is not required to play.
- The download is about 72.4 MB.
- Thanks to RMN for hosting!
Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 05:36:01 pm by Neok
  • Sunflower of the Jollyflower Games
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
Neok, this is so far one of your famous products moving up eh! Would I see Black here this time?

In the Works:
[RM2K3::SFF-RPG] Wailing Mongooses in Gildepazzo

Under Hiatus/Literary Work mode:
[Lit/Rm2k3 :: Interactive Drama] NetGame Saga PROTOTYPE
[RMXP :: RPG] NetGame Saga
  • Red Eyes Black Jacket
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Well this is a bit surprising. I'll give this revamped demo a shot. I've been meaning to finish off the other demo, but this is even better.
  • Red Eyes Black Jacket
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

:\
  • A Toast!
  • PipPipPipPip
Man, I KNEW I was gonna end up removing something vital from the game folder.

Thanks NB, gimme a sec.
  • Comrade!
  • PipPip
awesome. ill play this tomorrow if everything is sorted out.
  • A Toast!
  • PipPipPipPip
Alright, sorry for the wait (slow internet) and inconvenience. The new download is up and should have every file necessary. I originally trimmed it to lower the filesize, but it decidedly doesn't make that much of a difference.
  • So-Called Manga Artist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Neok, we can't use our old save files?

Also bug, remember the guy that says something like Johnny?
Well I have indy in my party but not violet but she speaks =w=
Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 09:28:26 am by Nessiah
  • It's that guy that nobody likes!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Hmmmm...so is this any different besides a revamp version of the last demo I played? Like new areas, characters and such. I see Erin & Hawk in this one...unless, your teasing us?  :shady:

Happy 1st Anniversary - MONOPOLO!
Released April 2nd, 2009 - Right Here, On GW!

• I am also known as jimmy7512
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
I just erupted in my pants...
RMN Profile
http://rpgmaker.net/games/1446/?p=2#posts

GameJolt Profile
http://gamejolt.com/freeware/games/action/zombie-outbreak/830/

• So-Called Manga Artist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Ok Tournament Grounds worked after talk XD
Altho there are times that Violet's EX won't work? even tho no EX-crush is said and stuff o_o
Also man this stage is hard though I guess I can grind...for a while hehehe
  • Mysterious Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Gah, looks excellent, Neok!

Ock ock, Ack ack!
Beware of the cursed monkey spit!
  • A Toast!
  • PipPipPipPip
Also bug, remember the guy that says something like Johnny?
Well I have indy in my party but not violet but she speaks =w=

Incredible Ness, I changed it to that on a whim and honestly didn't expect anyone to find it :P. (not a bug)

Hmmmm...so is this any different besides a revamp version of the last demo I played? Like new areas, characters and such. I see Erin & Hawk in this one...unless, your teasing us?  :shady:

Don't worry, I won't ever promise anything I can't deliver on. Everything showcased in the screenshots are things you'll be able to find in-game :D​.

Ok Tournament Grounds worked after talk XD
Altho there are times that Violet's EX won't work? even tho no EX-crush is said and stuff o_o
Also man this stage is hard though I guess I can grind...for a while hehehe

Did she lose all her EX points, or just one? If she lost just one then she wasn't able to activate it. The battle system doesn't work perfectly though, so it might be that.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
I tried to load my previous save from your last demo, but it froze and I saved at the terminal before I transferred to this demo so I don't know why. Anyway I started again and I'm having trouble beating the first boss. :fogetsad: Did you up the stats or something the boss seems harder...
RMN Profile

GameJolt Profile

• A Toast!
  • PipPipPipPip
I tried to load my previous save from your last demo, but it froze and I saved at the terminal before I transferred to this demo so I don't know why. Anyway I started again and I'm having trouble beating the first boss. :fogetsad: Did you up the stats or something the boss seems harder...

Ugh. I guess that backfired.. it seems like other people aren't having problems with saving on the world map, so I'll remove that then. Sorry you had to take the fall :(

For the first boss, make sure to equip both B Reaver and Desert Coffin on different people (both Burn elemental types which the first boss is weak against). Use a Sanctuary at the beginning to offset the Toxication field effect, then just beat them down, healing as necessary.
Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 03:35:52 pm by Neok
  • Is this the face of a guy you can trust !?
  • PipPipPipPip
Is the download link updated with the patch or do I have to download both? My connection sucks at the moment so yeah.

Looks great btw.
Sprites and Stuff
  • A Toast!
  • PipPipPipPip
Sorry SW, you'll have to pick up both for now. I won't make a final copy with all the changes until much later (don't really want to have to make several revisions like last time)
  • Is this the face of a guy you can trust !?
  • PipPipPipPip
Ah all right then.
Sprites and Stuff
  • A Toast!
  • PipPipPipPip
Sorry, there were problems with the patch. A new patch is now up (and it's only 1 mb!).
Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 03:39:16 pm by Neok
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
I never saved on the world map, I saved using those terminal save points! You don't need to remove it! I haven't had any problems with saving on the world map.

But wow, I never knew equipping one item would help me win the battle! Truely awesome!
RMN Profile

GameJolt Profile