Missing post icon [COMPLETE] Visions & Voices Overhaul (Read 1098 times)

• Its all fairy-ish.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member

They said I'd die. They said I'd die and go to heaven.
But no - that was not enough for me. I didn't want to die. I wanted to live.
In my fear of death, I lost sight of myself and everything I held dear. I made the wrong choice and everyone but me paid the price. But now, with all the things I have learned...I would make things right again. I would correct my mistake and return everything to the way it was before. Dear God...I no longer expect to enter heaven's pearly gates. But please, let me ask for one last favor, one final prayer, if You will.

Ten days, God. Let my body hold out for just ten more days, so I can redeem myself...
[/i]

Visions & Voices is an exploration-based RPG set in the Montfort village. One man, the Wanderer, has decided to brave the village and figure out what is going on - why the people are vanishing, and why those who don't are going insane.

The version to be released before the end September is an overhaul of the original release three months prior. While the first version of Visions & Voices was created in three weeks' time, the game has been revisited for an extreme overhaul of the aspect system, progression, story layout and difficulty/balance. New content has been added as well - just in case the superbosses aren't enough, there are several new 'uberbosses' hidden in new dungeons.

Enter the village, if you dare - but who are you do stop the apotheosis of a madman?

Features
-Five to ten hours of exploration-based gameplay
-Recruitable allies to find unique skills for
-Fast active-time battles with a unique personality aspect system for stats
-A dark setting with a story told out in a nontraditional manner
-Difficulty settings and the ability to customize the Wanderer - and even play solo
-Many unique weapons and other pieces of equipment to find, steal and kill for
-Talk to your allies with new conversations every day
-Five distinct endings and intelligent interaction that recognizes your accomplishments

P.S. Full credits are found within the in-game help menu, but a quick shout-out to Mac (tiles/characters), milano_cat (monsters), Danny Schneidemesser (final boss track) and Enu/Mr. Bubble (battle system and translation) is due.

DOWNLOAD VISIONS & VOICES
Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 11:22:26 am by Craze /!\
  • Group: Member
Very nice game, i really like the story and the atmosphere.
An awesome work :)

Note: The download link isn't working (you put these " at the end)
  • Its all fairy-ish.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
-Lau-: fixed, sorry about that. I suggest waiting a week or two to download, anyway.

Pre-pre-re-release testing went extraordinarily well. The game is now officially REBALANCED! Skills are much more useful, bosses are tough, the final fight is epic as can be and flow of the game has been improved via the ripple effect. Many other changes are in place too - more direction has been added to the game and the main story exploration streamlined.

Right now, Karsuman and I are working on new content (ONLY, finally). We're adding some quests/secondary goals to the game to help people new to the exploration/non-linear RPG genre find stuff to do, including a fish hunt and a way to summon even greater power in the final boss (bragging rights, yay!). Oh that's right, BRAGGING. I've been helping WIP with RMN Achievements - VX games will connect to the RMN server as you play and update your progress in collecting achievements. Doing so will increase your Makerscore, in turn giving you more lockerspace (free webspace).

Progress is going extremely well. The fully re-realized Visions & Voices will be available in a week or two, depending on how long it takes to finalize achievements. It's going smoothly, though - again, I can't wait.

New screenshots:

• So-Called Manga Artist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Hey craze, I was wondering if it's possible for you to remove this:

Wait -> perform command -> wait -> execute command -> rinse and repeat, it's just so repetitive and a huge time waster and annoyance :(
  • Its all fairy-ish.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
...what, Nessiah? I have no idea what you're talking about.
  • Working slower than frozen mollasses going up a 90' angle in january...
  • PipPip
I think she's talking about the 'charging time' taken before an action is executed.
  • Back to normal <3
It is there for a reason, and several skills interact with it directly.

If it's an issue, don't use the skill or characters with long CTs. (It is also still 100x faster than having 3 party members in rm2k3 =P)
LinkMaster Sab: Grapefruit diet! Throw out the pizza and bear.

Some things should not exist in this world...this is one of them.
  • Cthulhu Cultist
It's good to see you guys are overhauling this game, it's going to be totaly worth it. The game was fun the first time through. I'm sure I'll enjoy it even more with all the additional content.
  • So-Called Manga Artist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Karsuman I don't mind skills having CT but even normal attack? :S
Sure it's half a second long but it's still waiting. Ah whatever, we'll just wait for the overhaul~
  • Its all fairy-ish.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Nessiah: It's waiting for AMAZING POWERS.

----
There are not going to be Achievements in Visions & Voices. WIP wants to make sure that they are perfect before public implementation but it might take longer than Karsuman and I would like.

As such, the game is going to go out very soon, most likely within the week. Karsuman has a lot of classes Tu-Th, but we'll finalize it regardless.

I can't wait for all of you to be able to play the (re-?)final version of V&V - it's balanced, polished, and has all bugs that we could find fixed.

Stay tuned - the release is sooner than you now.
Glad to hear that, hope i can play it before the beginning of school :x
  • Its all fairy-ish.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
The complete Overhaul version of Visions & Voices is now released. The game has had some serious renovations and, really, the only vestige of the original version is the basic plot and the world itself. Everything else is better.

Who are you to investigate the village?
Definitely one of the best rpg maker games that i have played.
My most sincere compliments to both of you for this great game.
  • Its all fairy-ish.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Thank you, -Lau-. We try.