RPG [DEMO(N)] Diablocide (Read 1057 times)

• Its all fairy-ish.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member

Fourteen heroes, fourteen souls, fourteen stories, fourteen goals...

We're all in this together.

Diablocide is the story of fourteen people rebuilding their life. They have banded together to tackle the Demon Tower - a place many know of, but a place that none have survived. It is said that those who reach the tower's peak are granted a wish. Anything can become reality... if you still have your soul.

Features
-Control fourteen heroes at once in epic battles against Demons
-Witness the interaction of diverse people working and dealing with one another
-Explore the less-than-sunny story through short dialogues instead of lengthy cutscenes
-Customize each character with Essence
-Potentially die a horrible death against enemies encountered on the map
-No two enemy groups are the same; each fight is different

Screenshots

Download and Credits
Download: http://rpgmaker.net/games/1410/
THIS GAME REQUIRES THE RMVX RTP. YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE RMVX RTP HERE:
http://tkool.jp/products/rpgvx/eng/download.html

Graphics are 2k3 RTP (facesets by Ghost), music has a text file within the game download (although not all music files are included with the demo), scripts are by Craze, KGC, Mithran, modern_algebra, Yanfly, ERZENGEL and GameBaker.
Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 12:17:55 pm by Craze /!\
  • >you
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
Is this demon tower?
  • Its all fairy-ish.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
It's a remake of it, yes.
  • Cold-Souled Sovereign of the Night Blades
  • PipPipPipPip

You better have the Cowboy Bebop intro theme playing while in this battle, or else that dialog will fall flat.
Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 03:02:30 pm by Corfaisus
  • Its all fairy-ish.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
It's a random quote that Martin can say whenever he's in the party. :<
  • Its all fairy-ish.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Quote from: TooManyToasters
I just beat Destati and went up 2 floors, and I have to say that I'm really impressed. The strategic depth this game has is incredible, especially when it comes to bosses; the Destati fight was so awesome it could have been a final boss. I can't wait until this game is finished.
I've noticed the balancing is much better than Demon Tower's. Ha'naan is useful now, and Illinois doesn't outclass the other mages. This is good.

Hi, people really like this to the point where one guy has actually created a mini-strategy guide for each character. Of course, it's not being downloaded anywhere near the rate that V&V was because 1) it's a demo(n) and 2) it's not a traditional RPG. Sorry guys, trying to making an awesome dungeon crawl with accidental plot development! Coming through weeeooooweeoooooweooooooo -
As always seems really awesome.
Downloading and getting back for comment.

P.S. The DL link seems to have a problem i think it's the " after the last /
  • Its all fairy-ish.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Oh hey, thanks for that. It should work now.
  • Comrade!
  • PipPipPip
I found the game to be lacking of tutorial and nice introduction to the whole system. I almost quit the first time after losing to the first encounter.

I mean, there are 14 characters and I feel a bit overwhelmed with all the skills and stuffs so I'm expected to learn about them bit by bit.  Losing to the first encounter ever in the game is pretty discouraging. I don't mind dungeon crawling and difficult game ( I play all Shin Megami Tenseis and beat all of them :O ) but the game should at least has an easier introduction battle and let the players learn some basic elements of the game, like changing party during the battle etc.

I really wish you could change the enemy sprites, because I don't think those fit the games at all. They look too childish and cartoonish, which doesn't really go well with the facesets.

I really like the battle though. It forces you to think and not just attack spamming. I also like how you custom so many parts of the game, though the battle seems a bit too fast for me. Most of the time I couldn't make out who's attacking whom, since the damage pop and the battle animation are played almost continuously without breaks in between. If we are able to adjust this, it will be really great.  The essence equipment system is great and is better than normal equipment, in my opinion.

I have a bit of a problem with party changing menu. I expect pressing left when the cursur is at the left most will cause the cursor to be at the rightmost and vice versa, but in the game it get me to another page where there is no party member there. I'd have used UP or DOWN for changing page instead of left or right. It isn't much of a problem, but I happened to accidentally switch page quite often so this annoys me a little.

Overall graphics and presentation is , unfortunately, disappointing for such good game. The core game and the system is great already, but with better presentation I'm sure this game will do great and appeal to more people. I wouldn't play it if I have never heard of your name and played your other game before, to be honest :(

One last note...thanks for cutting out the Demon Tower intro in this one<3
Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 05:39:50 am by hima
Like our games? Want to support? You can support us by making a donation.

My Projects
Click on the userbar to enter the game thread.

• Genre
    : Shooting-RPG    Status : Completed

• Genre : Bullet Hell Shooting    Status : Completed
[/center]

My Blog http://hima.gptouch.com/
  • >you
  • PipPipPipPipPip
I really wish you could change the enemy sprites, because I don't think those fit the games at all. They look too childish and cartoonish, which doesn't really go well with the facesets.

I was thinking the same thing, I knew there was something wrong in the game.
  • Its all fairy-ish.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
hima, after reading your reply I immediately tried out the game's first battle again, now that it's been a while since I started off. I died. As such, I removed one of the Lolitas so now there's only two enemies - much more manageable. As for the speed issue, other people have complained about that so I slowed it down a little. You should have seen it when I was first setting stuff up without animations or the "X ATTACKS!" messages. XD

The extra bar in the party setup screen is for removing characters from the vanguard if you want to do some sort of masochistic challenge like only fighting with three at a time. You're not the only one who thinks that it's ugly, though... I'll think about removing that option. As a side note, I've made a Defend shortcut (<SHIFT>) so that it's easier to set up your Tanks (or a dying Princess XD ).

For better presentation, are you saying DON'T USE 2K3 RTP? :< Unless somebody does some free tiles for nine unique levels of dungeon very quickly, it's staying. And, to be honest, I really like it (and the monsters) so I'd probably turn down an offer anyway!

Thanks for your suggestions. I've already taken some into account. =D
  • Comrade!
  • PipPipPip
Oh I don't mind the 2k3 RTP at all. I just think the overall graphic consistency is off with the monsters, and the map design is pretty poor. ( At least for the first two floors that I have seen. ) I also think of the battle speed, and how you show message etc. as presentation so if you have slowed it down then that's good :D​ 

For the party set up screen, I don't mind the extra bar at all! Sorry if my wording confuse you. It's just the control that I have problem with.

I really wish this was 3D First person dungeon crawling though. I love that <3
Like our games? Want to support? You can support us by making a donation.

My Projects
Click on the userbar to enter the game thread.

• Genre
    : Shooting-RPG    Status : Completed

• Genre : Bullet Hell Shooting    Status : Completed
[/center]

My Blog http://hima.gptouch.com/
  • Its all fairy-ish.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Y - you've only played two floors!? Go up and fight the Demon bosses, stat!