Art - Digital art Post a screenshot (Read 23723 times)

• Dry Bones
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
!!! color me intrigued !!!
  • I need to watch things die
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
In a completely horrible post-2014 Twitch.tv shitland kind of way, I would love to watch these things being made in real time. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about people streaming their development process since it removes a lot of the mystery that makes games special but I would definitely love to see the methods you're using to make a myst-em-up.

p.s. Also hello I am writing a thesis/I am dead. Will resurrect and make games soon. 

p. p. s. I miss you guys don't disappear before I can make games again
Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 09:52:04 am by Carrion Crow
  • By by
  • PipPipPipPip
thanks! :D i'll give a much more in-depth explanation later on(maaaybe a video??), but basically the key is just making everything low-poly and using procedural textures(oh yeah and of course, perfect ray-traced reflections!). all images in the game have to have their colors indexed, which is done in photoshop. usually indexed to 64 colors. i wrote a lot of custom functions in AGS to make things like turning around(4 directions), changing rooms, and even simulated load times easy to do.

here's another pic:

just finished all the renders for this area...
reminds me of Necrobius, called by many "the western eastern mind"... pic
  • Dry Bones
  • PipPipPipPip

WHOA MOMMA, talk about a hot tip, thanks pal!  I gotta look into this
  • By by
  • PipPipPipPip
ah yes! I haven't played Necrobius, but it is one of these exploring type games that I've drawn inspiration from. but I don't think my game will be quite as out-there. EM and Necrobius have a lot of text. you see, there will be no text from characters(or any real "characters" in the traditional sense), no straight-forward explanation on the story... story telling im going to try to keep 100% visuals(except for the in-game operating system on a computer) but what im really going for is immersion... like as if -you- were entering another world, exploring around, how it might feel to be swimming around in a fish bowl with a gold fish... or exploring the inside of a bag of potato chips.

anyway, here's some more stuff. ive learned how to make an armature and parent it to a mesh, so now my models can be rigged! :D here's a giraffe:

man and after all that text, might as well post another image!

I've got a new graphics tablet so I'm inspired.

• PipPipPipPipPip
++very nice work...
  • PEW PEW PEW
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
aiyee, love the grime
  • Sadistic Magician
Any other Blurred Lineheads around here? Contact me. You too, Lysander, wherever you are.

Holy moly! I am going to have to get more information on this! Do you intend on making Line's End yourself? I would be amazed if Lys actually re-appears after all this time. Didn't he make ABL during a summer off in law school or something? (vague hazy memories here).

You're doing the lord's work anyway. Keep us posted!
  • Sadistic Magician
I have intentions on trying to complete the entire game, and my forge my own interpretation of a Lines End. I will stop making the game at Lysanders request or if he wants to fill me in on the ending that would be great.

I doubt he'll resurface at this point, lines end was due out in winter 2003 so its 12 years late.

Anyone here who has intimate knowledge of A Blurred Line please contact me, I'd like to discuss theories and possibilities for the third part.
  • Pip
You should "blur the lines" of any official story explanation for what happens by having Line's End rely very heavily on branching paths and "choose your own adventure"-type segments like Lashe City in Part 1. I have no idea why Talan would end up destorying the Catch Colony in the game's intro, so might as well come up with several possibilities and let the player decide.
  • Sadistic Magician
I have a few ideas of where the story was going. If anyone on here has knowledge of the plot in ABL PM me I'd like to bounce some ideas around.
  • Pip
My pet theory is that the Advocate AI program/virus thing spreads to the Catch Colony, threatens all life on the planet, Talan destroys it, and the rest of humanity abandons technology in favor of a pastoral/commune lifestyle similar to that seen in Paradise in part 2.
  • Sadistic Magician
One thing I always hated graphically about A Blurred Line, besides almost everything, was the custom menu. Working on my update of that.

Someone fucking talk about A Blurred Line with me, god damnit.</div>
Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 12:39:12 am by Dookie
Are you keeping the music the same?
  • Sadistic Magician
As of now yes. But I am making judgment calls and replacing some tracks I dont like or think don't fit

Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 04:47:28 am by Dookie
  • kaworu*Sigh*Isnt he the cutest person ever
I have returned to gamemaking. Well, I returned last year to the creation of these video games, but like, got bored and gave up. But hey! I made a soundtrack album and stuff, so wasn't all a waste of time.
I'm back in the saddle for a while, maybe getting some kind of BASIC SYSTEM down this time. Who knows??
Idea wise, it's based on elements of Chinese mythology and classic tales mixed into a new fantasy world.

As is par the course these days, the graphics will be custom. I'm going for the pre-rendered style, and using Makehuman for the basic human shape. This screen is just a simple example of the style I'm now going for. Ignore the lazy 2 minute map, just needed some decoration.

Here's some more, showing off some of the tiles. Made using stock photographs, museum websites, and my own photos (Them red bricks weren't red, and were a building next to Hitler's bunker... :o )

New IKEA Ming China collection. Some of the lovely furnishings avaliable for your home now!

So yeah, None of these are FINISHED SCREENS so sorry for ignoring the title of the topic really. Just wanted to...
A: Prove I'm still alive and haven't forgotten about you lots
B: Demonstrate my love for the often ignored and ridiculed joy of Pre-Rendered sprites. Fuck off you pixelfiends, they're great.
or..
C: Having people view these images of my workings will somehow set it in stone as something that really exists, and so may lead me to work on it, to justify it being worth posting here.
Or...
D: All of the abov.e

Also, if anybody knows any other free LAZYPEOPLE 3D MODLING stuff like Makehuman (Where you don't need to know anything about stuff to use) then please let me know. Otherwise I'll have to use SPORE to design the monsters or something... ugh.

Anyways I'll likely give up on this, but if it inspires me to make another album worth of soundtrack music, then it's worth it!
Here's some music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9NunSCYDc8&index=3&list=PLiuJ5RWqg4AjFZthSjHstCgqGQCJXpvQZ
Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 08:15:01 pm by Kaworu
  • TV people want to leave
That looks really sweet Kaworu, you should i.m.o. Not Give Up On It

(says Vellfire who never finishes any project)
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates