Topic: fgsgs (Read 740 times)

• PEW PEW PEW
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
hello,

I am pleased to share with you my game, which is a very cute game, http://e-zchips.itch.io/gamer-fucker-scum-get-stabbed

this is my very first game, but please don't hold back!

saltjam halloween 2014 entry, also based on go to hell and soft & cuddly by john george jones: http://i.ytimg.com/vi/TQQo0B5j1H8/hqdefault.jpg

soundtrack is 2 tracks by smersh http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Smersh/
Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 02:10:35 am by Apocryphal Chips
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
this game is amazing & also morally correct
  • Kaiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
airly z!!! this weekend...! mamma m.i.a.!
  • ruined former youth seeking atonement
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
hmm. frozen on the payment loading screen. will wait for a while and see what happens.

edit:

yeah it doesn't look like it's going through! is that a thing on your end or mine?
Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 02:22:21 am by jamie
  • PEW PEW PEW
uh oh. try "no thanks, just take me to the downloads page" to skip the pay-what-you-want stuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
i get stuck in the wall here, coming up from the screen underneath

is this intentional... my final fate, part of the walls....
  • PEW PEW PEW
try downloading it again, I uploaded a version with some "bug fixes". it's also ok if you want to accept that as the end! I'm glad you like it, means a lot...

jamie, did that get it to work?
  • ruined former youth seeking atonement
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
try downloading it again, I uploaded a version with some "bug fixes". it's also ok if you want to accept that as the end! I'm glad you like it, means a lot...

jamie, did that get it to work?

yeah i just d/l'd and played it. i dunno what the deal with the payment thing was, but i don't think i've ever paid through itch.io before so it might just be my side.

i discovered the 'fucker' and 'get' arcane runes but i wasn't able to find 'gamer' 'scum' or 'stabbed'. hmm.
  • Power to the parsley
  • PipPipPipPipPip
This is extrE-Zmely good. I loved the flying and the crazy enemies. I loved the maniac hell environment. Is there any inspiration from the ZX Spectrum game Bloody, it's a Halloween game with hospital setting ? it also has flying and weird enemy design like the jgj games and fgsgs. One time I died to a spike and never revived and so watched an enemy respawn, go running and throw itself into a different spike over and over, which btw that level setpiece was an extremely great touch, I loved how the enemies did stuff like that. but I haven't tried the bugfix version yet. Anyway, see you around. Nice job.
  • PEW PEW PEW
thanks jamie & g17!!!

jim, those are the only two in the game so far! I want to do secret rooms maybe with unique animations as prizes. also I dunno if anyone found the ending, it's kinda secret but not very good

This is extrE-Zmely good. I loved the flying and the crazy enemies. I loved the maniac hell environment. Is there any inspiration from the ZX Spectrum game Bloody, it's a Halloween game with hospital setting ? it also has flying and weird enemy design like the jgj games and fgsgs. One time I died to a spike and never revived and so watched an enemy respawn, go running and throw itself into a different spike over and over, which btw that level setpiece was an extremely great touch, I loved how the enemies did stuff like that. but I haven't tried the bugfix version yet. Anyway, see you around. Nice job.
scary, no! I never saw that game before. I just felt a punk horror hospital was a somehow british milieu, I wanted it to ooze scant/bad/stupid impressions of britain based entirely upon zx spectrum games. I don't t hink it does but thats what I wanted

I thought of kissin' wizard a lot while I was making this

and unfortunately the bug fix version "fixes" that glitch you mentioned...que sera cest la vie...
Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 12:20:49 am by E-Z Chips
  • Power to the parsley
  • PipPipPipPipPip
actually i totally get that re: fake british feelings. that's one of the things i love about zx (amiga and c64 to a lesser extent) is how UK the games feel, I can't really point to anything in particular atm but most of them just have that powerful euro feel -- and i've wanted to do a simulacrum of those feelings for a while, so i was really glad to see fgsgs, it pretty much got the creative engine clanking and starting up and buzzing the instant i stepped into its unzipped folder... i can't contribute to this jam but i imagine my next game, (if there ever is one jeezus), will be essentially a sister/fangame to this one. so there's an incestuous line of inspiration!!
  • Dry Bones
  • PipPipPipPip
so my life has been a little bit wretched lately and I was procrastinating on playing this for a while, but I got around to it tonight.  man, oh man.

like goddesses17 said, this is reminiscent of ZX Spectrum games in big, good way.  lethal drippings + kill-you glow orbs bouncing around, spastic abstract "enemy" symbols to slay with my beautiful lasers, potions of inscrutable function,mixed with so many delicious animated death hell punk symbols I can hardly stand it.   by my count I have seen the red key and skeletonz, which I interpret to mean I must be halfway thru this game.  I will write when I either am presented with "win" state, or when I acknowledge defeat at the hands of this mighty force you have unleashed.

well done, E-Z Chips, née Tiny's First Pepsi, née Earlchip.  in this, your third incarnation, you have demonstrated salt aesthetic triumphant
  • Kaiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
MAMMA MIA!!! this must be the closest i'll EVER get 2 earl... a slice of earl's life!!! banzai mia!! "this must be justin 'earlchip' biebers old underwear *DEEP SNIFF* i love it!!!"

i found "that secret ending" btw (i mean pfft its meee, OBV id find it...bonzi earl connection... im smart...), idk i actually had some thjoughts about this but im pr sleep depry and writing in hurry... lemme fink. like holy shit a new generation has entered the scene, i didn't know u were this good at making games + art, earl...! you got some Helluva Talent... i liked the whole kind of a general rolling feeling (its me, im just struttin'n'flyin wherever, life is a pleasant red valley), so i guess that means that the control scheme was succesful? could only had put more stupid functions to react with the world but would had possibly detracted from the incontrolloable/half life 1 experience? watch helplessly as some idiot runs into aliens/spikes etc.

also the commander keen esque main character got all my bawww-points... tho now that i think of it, i think ur game in general kinda got that strange depressed feeling commander keen's character somehow had in appearance?

music was pr fucking good 4 the game/in the context... also the desperate suicidal idiots was GREAT touch. i liked the idiotic gameplay additions (bottles prickguy dumblazers spikes etc) and fucking around with with player in general.

tried to follow the logic of the maze to find the secret room with the "prick" guy in the middle of 4 rooms, okay so it's the 4th room- ahhah it just throws me to wherever, fuck you creator... i liked the merciful constant restart etc and the startlingly win95 ski free little dudes that just strut towards u...clash of eztheticz, a new marvel comic...

also that the prick floats nonchalantly is probably v important but dunno how. never change that animation. also u prob caught in multiple occasions the GOOD effects of ibm/dos graphics (when it wasn't space funeral grafs), like uh this sort of esthetically pleasing yet NONPERSONAL/NONDESCRIBABLE appearance, like namely the heros sprite and the struttin' imm'o!rtal dudes... 

OH YEAH the level design was kinda cool dude... metroid 1 bats eyelash once, he's/she's impressed... liked the general feng shui proportions, fuckin round wif playa, the way how u hinted about the secret room (smooth man... smooth / also really games should have this kinda subtle hints vs mirrors edge red blots/basically most games are like "im helping you here cos i assume youre a fuckign idiot", niiice)... liked the general intentional placing combined with general lackadisciness (so wer'e FINALLY back to ibm dos/nes feng shui goldenratio "perfection").

i hope you make it thru my labyrinth post...The Riddle of Master Lu or Fool?...
Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 10:25:02 am by bonzi_buddy
  • PEW PEW PEW
whoa thanks guys!! skull friend & ol'beal...been real bizzy lately, but earlier last week I uploaded a final iteration that has a few more secrets and features, hot player tip please do NOT stop until you find the laughing mohawk baby, many thanks!!

@neuro the potions and the animations were nearly all this game was until the deadline was moved back. as usual, you've seen straight thru to the core!

@bonzy I'm really not very good at making games! ofc I have a lot of stupid thoughts on the experience of video games but when it comes to makin them I'm still clueless, this was mostly me thinking "huh I wann do that" and I login the internet and say "gamemaker stupid character sticks to walls" and find all the answers already laid out for me

tried to follow the logic of the maze to find the secret room with the "prick" guy in the middle of 4 rooms, okay so it's the 4th room- ahhah it just throws me to wherever, fuck you creator...
haha, I even forgot about that. a game for all the bonzys!! there are 3 new areas btw but they're not worth finding

also the lil struttin' immortal dudes are earnestly supposed to be skeletons

yall are very nice and I appreciate it.
Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 04:58:02 am by E-Z Chips
Hah, I love the name. going to check this out as I am also a fan of the old school grafixs.
  • Kaiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
please do!!!!!!!!!!! poor gyro!!!! nobody played his 3 new levels!!!!!!!!!! he MUST been crying to sleep every nite "every sins"...:!

also yeah, thanks again earl for givin a free action for halloween. this must be love...
  • PEW PEW PEW
i don't know what that means. thank you
  • PEW PEW PEW
thank you very much for the reviews and your generous words. the title has made it somewhat of a novelty but I appreciate sincere feedback. the potions do have some effects but they don't matter.

I doubt anyone has ever found the secret rooms. what a strange feeling . . . .