RPG [FULL] GW CHAINGAME: The Maker's Mark Legacy (Read 83 times)

• eating pinecones
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
GW CHAINGAME 2022-2023: The Maker's Mark Legacy

Engine: RM2k
itch.io: click here
RPG Maker.net : click here

ABOUT

This game is the product of people in the Gaming World community as well as adjacent communities including the Something Classic and RPGMaker.net Communities.

For those new to the concept of a chain game, it's a game made by a group of people in which you build off of what the person before you created. Chain games are a long running tradition in the RPG Maker community dating back when RPG Maker 2000 first released.

Introduction to The Story

Long ago, in an ancient land known as "Gaming World", the precursors found a relic known as the Maker's Mark.

With this power, they were able to create the worlds of their dreams. If they could imagine it, then it would come into being.

Out of the darkness of the hearts of man emerged the Ghastly Darklord. He was bent on bringing about an Age of Destruction. After a great and seemingly unending war, he was trapped away far beneath the Earth along with the Maker's Mark. The descendants escaped the now salt encrusted planet, hoping to find a new home. You are an explorer traveling the stars. In your travels, you hear that nature is slowly returning to Gaming World.
The legend of the Maker's Mark intrigues you, and so you decide to go down to the planet yourself to explore.

Participants:

1.) @dosmaen  (Intro / Chapter 1 / QA)
    2.) @pigeonade
    3.) @Decky
    4.) Pianotm (RMN)
    5.) Bitmap Kid (GW Forums)
    6.) Sidewinder (rmn)
    7.) OK_CPU

Creative Assistance:/size]

CBoyardee - Music
Ragnar - Music
Madolah - Art for title screen
Dudesoft - Art for Intro sequence.
047 - For giving us permission to use the awesome Knight Baggy tune that they put together.

Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 11:54:17 pm by dosmaen

• eating pinecones
OK_CPU is in the final stages of wrapping up his chapter, and hopefully after some QA stuff we should have it up for everybody to enjoy.

• Group: Member
I totally want to noin in the next one when it happens. If someone drops out of this one I'd like to join in as a backup.
  • I need to watch things die
  • Group: Premium Member
Seeing this as a GW forum thread makes me feel like some balance has been restored to the universe.
  • ;Wyrm
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
Seeing this as a GW forum thread makes me feel like some balance has been restored to the universe.
It has old pal, welcome back to the proper side of the multi-verse.
sadly we were unable to keep Bearstain bears or Sindbad's Shazaam, but we got Our forum back and aa fairly active discord you should join!
Wyrm  | Madolah | ær 
  • eating pinecones
The game is out for everyone to enjoy! Feel free to leave your thoughts / feedback here and I hope y'all enjoy.

• Group: Member
Glad to see this project is finally released.

Had a lot of fun working on Chapter 6, though in hindsight I think it wound up being one of the weaker chapters.
  • eating pinecones
Glad to see this project is finally released.

Had a lot of fun working on Chapter 6, though in hindsight I think it wound up being one of the weaker chapters.

Your chapter is one of the best, I think.

Also, we have a review up on RPGMaker.net should anyone want to take a look: https://rpgmaker.net/games/12980/reviews/9877/.