Science [Full]Ghosts of Aliens (Read 24740 times)

• By by
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member

Die monster! You don't belong in this world!
It was not by my hand that I am once again given code. I was called here by humans who wish to pay me tribute.
Tribute? You steal mens souls and make them your slaves!
Perhaps the same could be said of all projects...
Your works are as empty as your soul! Game kind ill needs a savior such as you!
What is a game!? *Glass drops* A miserable little pile of code. But enough talk. Have at you!

Story
Ghosts of Aliens is a short(Probably 5 hours) role playing rpg game that follows the adventures of Atum and an old man named Gwaldin, and later 3 other heroes. On October 1st, 1963, an alien ship crashes on the planet of Appalathia, in a desert near the town of Roswell. For 5 years, the alien inside this ship lives off of rations and eventually dies becoming the ghost of an alien. Gwaldin, the old man, tells of a prophecy that a hero would crash from the sky down to the world of Appalathia and defeat the 5 Doom Beasts that are scattered across the world.

Journey through extremely stylish enviroments that make the world of Appalathia become alive, from dark forests to light forests to neon forests, to ice cold lands to tropical paradises, to small villages, big cities, western places, everywhere all over Appalathia.

Characters
-Atum-
Species: Equazor
Blood Type: Z+ Qwayba
Shoe Size: 7 1/2
Special: Offensive Magles
The mysterious alien who you control. He's from a far off planet, but crash lands on Applathia due to strange forces causing gravity irregularities. He's a nice person, as his kind are peaceful beings.

-Slithens-
Species: Snake
Blood Type: Cold
Shoe Size: ???
Special: Status Ailments
The british snake with a lot of determination. He's nice, but can get rough when people mess with him or his friends.

-Ratoney-
Species: Lab Rat
Blood Type: O
Shoe Size: 12
Special: Healing Magles
An Area 51 experiment gone wrong. He's a walking, talking, humanoid rat that was turned into an underpaid janitor at one of the saloons later in the game. He's extremely quite and lacks self-confidence.

Gwaldin: The crazy wizard that follows the party around, leading them across the world of Applathia. What a weirdo.

Dreeply: Minor antagonist who wants to control the world. He can harness the power of Magle to create evil monsters to do his bidding.

Screenshots

Features
With a new and intuitive 'strategic advantage command issuing battle system', the player can issue commands individually to up to 4 heroes, all while making the feinds stop in there tracks, until your heroes complete the execution of the command! But be careful! To recover your energy for another attack, you have to wait for your 'action select' guage reaches full.

Intruducing data-to-monitor information rendering! Now you can see the action happening on your screen change as the data sent through your computer changes!

4 direction movement from the input of your keyboard of joypad allows you to explore the vast and colorful scenery of Applathia like never before! It's like 8 direction movement, but without the clutter, mess and confusion. Fingers tired? No problem! Movement can be done with 1 finger at a time, so rest between pressing sessions is often!

Advanced catepillar system creates a realistic aspect of people following you: if you keep pressing the run button and moving around, sometimes, the other characters will not follow because they're annoyed.

Also original graphics, music, sound effects and everything else.

With musical contributions made by Chefboyardee, Aureametaphus and even Rappy McRapperson!
Download
ghosts of aliens lvfix.rar - 69.50MB
goa soundtrack.rar, trust me, this is the best aspect of the game. - 43.58MB

One last thing; there probably some glitches, but I don't know of any that will hinder the progression of the game. Also, if you find the game too hard, just go in the editor and add like 10 to everyones initial levels.yeah i blindly put in the enemy stats, i don't know if its hard or not. I'm just reaaly tired of working on this game.

I won't be working on a game for awhile, but I'll be interested in doing music, or if I'm in the right mood, graphics, for games. Contact me, and I'll see what I can do(But I ain't doin both okay?).

Credits
Music- Swordofkings128, Chefboyardee, Aureametaphus, Karnov and Rappy McRapperson.
Catepillar System: Rusty the Gnome
lazer shot noise you can barely hear in the theme that plays in the deathly doom desert: Ragnar
Everything else: Swordofkings128

*please report any bugs here in the topic. I'll try to fix them as soon as I can. Also, please excuse them, noone is perfect​ + I got pretty lazy near the end. serustly, i'm tired of working on this mess.*

Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 09:40:57 pm by swordofkings128
  • HEEEEERRRREEE'S JOHNNY!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
Dude I am very impressed by these screens. Original graphics any day of the week. Downloading now even though it is like 70MB and I am on dial-up lol Solely because it has original stuff.

Let's see if you get the RED BADGE OF GAMING
Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 01:44:47 am by Strangeluv
Me and Tom Under the Boardwalk ... there is so much fun to have under the boardwalk
  • GW Staff: Article Alcoholic (Current Mood: Happy!)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Man, with awesome features like that I'm definetely downloading! I love your graphical style. It's fresh and just hip.
  • I need to watch things die
Not to poop on your topic but the download link timed out for me :(

That said, it looks nice. I like the style of what you've got going. You're very modest/pessimistic about it but I look forward to having a go if you fix me up with a link I can DL from!
  • Artist and Emo loser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Looks like the student has become the teacher....

It's everything I could expect, buddy. Theres nothing I don't like about it. It's pretty pimp, yo. If I could, I'd download it but, the filesize and all : (

Marcus is going to flip out when he finds this topic.
  • Gythol Granditti will be out "soon". Honest.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
yeah man this looks pretty good. as long as there are not too many battles i will probably enjoy this game very much. this..... looks awsume....

i will post "crits" later. i just wanted to say this game looks dope.
  • By by
  • PipPipPipPip
say thanks guys. if you have slowdl speed, don't do it now, I scewed up the experience so every battle you gain like 7 levels.

You see, I thought I was requiring too much exp to level up, so I changed it, but I forgot to change how much you get from monsters.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
http://namelesscomic.com/ghostsofaliens.rar

this is a mirror of the game on the games DB hosting
  • By by
  • PipPipPipPip
Alright, game updated. Now, you won't level up to level 24 within a minute of playing the game.
  • I need to watch things die
Could someone mirror the updated one? *is pain in ass*

p.s. you could tell me what to edit in the unfixed one if it is easy to do
  • I am also known as jimmy7512
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Awesome work dude, I didn't know you were capable of this kind of work.
RMN Profile
http://rpgmaker.net/games/1446/?p=2#posts

GameJolt Profile
http://gamejolt.com/freeware/games/action/zombie-outbreak/830/

• PipPipPipPipPip
alright after playing about 30 minutes:

too many battles. this is based on opinion but i really think especially at the start of the game you should not be doing tons of fighting. it's also a bit too confusing at the start but nothing major (the map maze). graphics are cool and so far the music is very fitting. the run button is very good, it would have been really annoying without it. so far it is pretty good and i will tell you more as i go on.
  • Mysterious Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Not sure I wanna download this. It looks like something I'd rip ideas from...
Ock ock, Ack ack!
Beware of the cursed monkey spit!
  • Mystery Solving Musician
  • PipPipPipPip
You've released this already?! Awesome! I seriously can't wait to play this.
  • Your one stop rm2k3 help person ^^
  • PipPip
Wow SwordofKings, you've done a great job on this!
This is one of the most creative games I've ever played. You have a very peculiar and yet creative mind.
Though, the one thing that bugged me was that there were way too many monsters.
Other than that, I enjoyed the game thoroughly :P.
Good job :P.
<Enter Signature here>
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Do you need any RPG Maker installed to play?
now is the winter of our discontent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Do you need any RPG Maker installed to play?

How do you make it so you dont need rpgmaker to play? I think i remember it has something to do with adding a line or two to the readme file I think... cant really remember..
http://steamsignature.com][/url]
  • By by
  • PipPipPipPip
woah thanks you guys, ya'll are pretty awesome.

how far has everyone got? I made the beginning of the game extremely hard to figure out... hopefully you all know to
  • DJ Smilie...
  • PipPip
Man, so far this game is great. I absolutely love the graphics and the music is awesome too! Awesome work.
  • off tha hook
  • PipPipPip
u r on d indiegames.com blog  :gay:

http://www.indiegames.com/blog/2008/08/freeware_game_pick_ghosts_of_a.html#comment

just so ya know
F!
Y*R( djiwn
"kxsn m12" -121
2czx n[/b]lk
LDK+DKDK=DKDK 9 ty u i l#