Tech Building a new Gaming Desktop Computer (Read 2209 times)

• GW Staff: Article Alcoholic (Current Mood: Happy!)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
So Mateui did you get your replacement card?
I was just going to post an update about that! I RMA'd the card and sent it off - Newegg got it 7 days ago (my RMA status changed to received) but nothing new ever since, so looks like they haven't even opened up the package or taken a look at it. Yet again, my experience with Newegg is starting off with frustration. How long do these things typically take? I would have thought that 2-3 business days for them to look at something once it's there is reasonable - 5 business days is not. If they eventually ship it via anything but the fastest possible means I'm going to be even more disappointed with them. This ordeal has taken long enough. I'll laugh if the RMA expires before they even finish completing it (since it'll be expired 3 days from now).
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I was just going to post an update about that! I RMA'd the card and sent it off - Newegg got it 7 days ago (my RMA status changed to received) but nothing new ever since, so looks like they haven't even opened up the package or taken a look at it. Yet again, my experience with Newegg is starting off with frustration. How long do these things typically take? I would have thought that 2-3 business days for them to look at something once it's there is reasonable - 5 business days is not. If they eventually ship it via anything but the fastest possible means I'm going to be even more disappointed with them. This ordeal has taken long enough. I'll laugh if the RMA expires before they even finish completing it (since it'll be expired 3 days from now).
naw, I've sent back something with an expired RMA and still got my money back
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
So I emailed Newegg about my RMA taking so long and this is the email I got back:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Newegg.

I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I show your package has been received by our RMA department on 08/19. However, it has been sent to our inspection department to check as the power cable is missing. We have sent an email to you about this issue. I show our agent has made a one time exception to process the RMA for you as courtesy. We will process the RMA as soon as possible and update you via email. Thank you in advance for your understanding.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please visit our FAQs page. If you still need assistance, please feel free to email me directly and I will be happy to assist you.

I'm pretty sure I included every component in the box and there wasn't even a power cable there (only a cable to connect 2 graphics cards to each other), but that's besides the point. I never got an e-mail from them telling me that I was missing something.  :welp: The rest of the email makes it seem like they're going to ignore that and process the RMA anyway, but I don't even know at this point... So weird.
  • Dead man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
So I emailed Newegg about my RMA taking so long and this is the email I got back:

I'm pretty sure I included every component in the box and there wasn't even a power cable there (only a cable to connect 2 graphics cards to each other), but that's besides the point. I never got an e-mail from them telling me that I was missing something.  :welp: The rest of the email makes it seem like they're going to ignore that and process the RMA anyway, but I don't even know at this point... So weird.

Well still you got lucky but why would it come with power cable only the cross fire bridge funny shit lol.

Btw i was looking at the pic and see this split wire thing never seen it before maybe that was it.
Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 07:33:48 pm by DDay
DDay is Dead  I am a dead man typing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Update - finally got the new graphics card yesterday. Installed it and it works like a charm. I turned on Starcraft II and was surprised to see that the settings had jumped up to Ultra. The game looks 1000x times better than before and plays without a hiccup. Definetely impressed so far.