Help I don't keep up with hardware someone build me a desktop (Read 547 times)

• TV people want to leave
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
I'm getting a Lian Li case, don't have the link handy atm but it's just a clean black case.  My total came to like $712 but that $500-$700 wasn't including the case so that's about right.
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • Avatar of something bizarre and impractical
  • It's The Only Thing.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Someone double-check my parts list to make sure everything works together before I feel the wrath of the Vellfire.
I will personally murder you if they don't (nah don't worry I think the first time I build a computer everything worked together out of pure luck I'd be way more likely to fuck it up than you so I wouldn't be able to BLAME you)
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • Dead man
Someone double-check my parts list to make sure everything works together before I feel the wrath of the Vellfire.

Everything looks about right still the motherboard has barely any reviews and the guy that did the review seems unsatisfied.
DDay is Dead  I am a dead man typing

yeah dday but actually look at his review:

"Not listed on the ASUS website as a product"
kinda weird but hardly a problem

"Secondary pcie 16x only operates @ 4x in cf mode"
i will probably never use this anyway

"Small bundle of accessories included"
SHRUG w/e

"Poor overclocking options as far as the i series are concerned, missing voltages options ICH, IOH, CPU Vtt, can't set uncore frequency, no way to individually set the iGPU requency for i3/i5's, few ram ratio settings"
i couldn't possibly give less shits about overclocking

"Connecting the front panel audio seems to completely disable the back i/o audio connections (haven't fiddled with that much yet though)"
could just be that they had a bad motherboard but it doesn't matter anyway because my speakers have their own built in audio ports so i only need the back ones

"Hard to find info/support on the motherboard around the web"
OH WELL this is hardly a deal breaker

".... And when will motherboard designers realize that many pc enthusiasts have bottom mount psu cases and they should probably relocate the 4/8pin power for the cpu to a more easy to access area that doesnt get blocked by 90% of the aftermarket cooling solutions."

hahaha PC ENTHUSIASTS this person wrote this like a whiny nerd.  my case isn't bottom mount though and i'm not worried about aftermarket cooling solutions.  this guy's case is probably one of those with 10 windows and 9000 blinking blue LCDs and a dragon's face on the front anyway.

so yeah, i don't really think this review in any way applies to me or my use of this motherboard.  just because it's a negative review doesn't mean it's a problem for ME
BRRING! BRRING!
  • Dead man
yeah dday but actually look at his review:

"Not listed on the ASUS website as a product"
kinda weird but hardly a problem

"Secondary pcie 16x only operates @ 4x in cf mode"
i will probably never use this anyway

"Small bundle of accessories included"
SHRUG w/e

"Poor overclocking options as far as the i series are concerned, missing voltages options ICH, IOH, CPU Vtt, can't set uncore frequency, no way to individually set the iGPU requency for i3/i5's, few ram ratio settings"
i couldn't possibly give less shits about overclocking

"Connecting the front panel audio seems to completely disable the back i/o audio connections (haven't fiddled with that much yet though)"
could just be that they had a bad motherboard but it doesn't matter anyway because my speakers have their own built in audio ports so i only need the back ones

"Hard to find info/support on the motherboard around the web"
OH WELL this is hardly a deal breaker

".... And when will motherboard designers realize that many pc enthusiasts have bottom mount psu cases and they should probably relocate the 4/8pin power for the cpu to a more easy to access area that doesnt get blocked by 90% of the aftermarket cooling solutions."

hahaha PC ENTHUSIASTS this person wrote this like a whiny nerd.  my case isn't bottom mount though and i'm not worried about aftermarket cooling solutions.  this guy's case is probably one of those with 10 windows and 9000 blinking blue LCDs and a dragon's face on the front anyway.

so yeah, i don't really think this review in any way applies to me or my use of this motherboard.  just because it's a negative review doesn't mean it's a problem for ME

I don't really care about what he said just the lack of amount of reviews tells me the motherboard isn't desirable... unless it's new product then lol.

Lack of reviews doesn't mean anything either way.  Some people don't review things unless they have problems with them, meaning people who are perfectly happy with their purchase don't post reviews.  Reviews aren't everything!
BRRING! BRRING!
  • It's The Only Thing.
Reviews are often more negative than positive, because people don't rush onto newegg to post how much they like their new product (as a rule of thumb and backed by no statistics).

But I've looked into similar boards and they all have decent reviews. The board is listed on the Asus sight, so maybe that person was just blind. The rest of their complaints are regarding overclocking and such.

I trust ASUS. I have used their boards in all of my builds and I have never read anything particularly negative about the company. Either way, she's looking for a motherboard and not necessarily one with bells and whistles. If it works, it works. If it doesn't, Newegg will DOA it.

• Dead man
Gigabyte makes good boards too never used a ASUS but I hear there good too at least it's not one of those unknown name companies.
Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 06:35:48 pm by DDay

• aye ess dee eff el cay jay ache
The board is listed on the Asus sight, so maybe that person was just blind.

blind people can't access websight
I USE Q'S INSTEQD OF Q'S
  • It's The Only Thing.
lol how did i manage that
My old board was an asus and I was p. satisfied. As long as it isn't DOA I can't imagine it being a problem.
Also nice blindness pun.
BRRING! BRRING!
  • Ò_Ó
My love life's DOA ~ F.R.I.E.N.D.S
  • Dead man
blind people can't access websight

If there was a point system for jokes/pun I would give you 500 pts

Case will be in today, rest of the stuff on Monday.  Cue a weekend of sitting and looking at a case getting more and more impatient by the minute.

Goddamn you, different shipping locations >​  Why couldn't all the parts be in Tennessee?
BRRING! BRRING!
Got everything built, installing Windows 7 atm but everything is going smoothly.  For those of you who placed bets, my injury number was an impressive ONLY ONE.  Gashed open my index finger, entirely unsure how or when because it didn't hurt and I didn't feel anything, but I looked down and my finger was covered in tons of blood.  Not that bad now that it's cleaned up though, it's not that deep it just bled a lot before I noticed it.  Thanks for playing.
BRRING! BRRING!
Also wanted to mention that my video card came with a thing to put on your door that says DO NOT DISTURB:  I'M GAMING.  I'm keepin this because I got a p. good laugh out of it.
BRRING! BRRING!
  • Ò_Ó
More like you're keeping it because you don't want people to disturb your gaming.
that's only kind of true >​
BRRING! BRRING!
  • Dead man
that's only kind of true >​

The only thing is she's not gaming she is masterbating.

So the real game is called stoke the pussy.

Also I would like to say Vellfire dose all her overclocking in blood. Screw the bios blood is all she needs to get more juice flowing in her computer.
Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 11:47:32 pm by DDay