Code PROLOG (Read 129 times)

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
Anyone knows how to program n this?

I just decided to learn it randomly and I'm interested since it's so diferent, it's really hard actually to lear it since it's too different but I'm enjoying it.

Anyway, i don't think it can help me make practical applications but do you think it's worth learning? I mean I do think it helps people think logically and my college logic class is helping me understand it more easily actually.
  • I know your secrets
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
I don't enjoy prolog much but it's certainly worth learning, especially if it's your first experience with declarative programming. It's mostly used by old AI weirdos for their intelligent agents and planners. I don't think I'd write one in it (and newer planners like Fast Downward are often written in newer languages like Python,) but being able to read prolog code you come across can't hurt.

I found that when I tried to learn prolog, many of the beginning examples in books were overly trivial. They described logic puzzles as opposed to actual programs. I would suggest trying to implement the STRIPS planning system and A* search, since I would consider them typical prolog programs. I don't think I remember enough about prolog to be of much help with the programming, but I'm somewhat comfortable with the AI ideas that are often expressed in it if there's anything you want to know.