Tech Anti-spyware/anti-malware recommendations? (Read 349 times)

• It's Me, Picasso
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
Hey guys, long time no see. SoAnyway, sincemy MCaffe Security Suite was set to expire in afew days I switche dto Avast - but I want to set up an addtionallayer of protection against mkalware and spyware, preferably free. There are so many different programs that scan (and in some cases, actively block) spyware and malware to choose from, and I'm getting rather bewildered. I rread reviews and asked advice of feel RMN emeber,s but realize i don't realy know their qualfications. Since many of yu actualy wokr in technical support I thught you might have some special insight into waht programs work the best...
Everyone has the right to be himself; wise men know how to,when, and whether to navigate the boundary between their rights and those of others when they collide.
  • Dead man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
Hey guys, long time no see. SoAnyway, sincemy MCaffe Security Suite was set to expire in afew days I switche dto Avast - but I want to set up an addtionallayer of protection against mkalware and spyware, preferably free. There are so many different programs that scan (and in some cases, actively block) spyware and malware to choose from, and I'm getting rather bewildered. I rread reviews and asked advice of feel RMN emeber,s but realize i don't realy know their qualfications. Since many of yu actualy wokr in technical support I thught you might have some special insight into waht programs work the best...
Sadly I use a paid program it's called Spy Sweeper it's going to cost you but I love the dam thing.
DDay is Dead  I am a dead man typing

• It's Me, Picasso
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Sadly I use a paid program it's called Spy Sweeper it's going to cost you but I love the dam thing.
Not having a job right now that's not a good option. What's the bese free one/ MAny peole suggest MAlwarebytes, thug one perosn who I belive wokrs in IT suggests SuperantiSPyware.Currenlty I have SpywareTErminator free installed...
Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 10:38:37 pm by Terrorantula
Everyone has the right to be himself; wise men know how to,when, and whether to navigate the boundary between their rights and those of others when they collide.
  • Dead man

Not having a job right now that's not a good option. What's the bese free one/ MAny peole suggest MAlwarebytes, thug one perosn who I belive wokrs in IT suggests SuperantiSPyware.
I used MAlwarebytes before i was not impressed and SuperantiSPyware looks legit it almost reminds me of the older versions of spy sweeper. (jugging by screenshot alone mind you.)

• Scanner
Spybot is ok, I don't have a anti-spyware/malware/virus installed atm though. Its free. Questionable effectiveness since many say you should stick to having 1 anti-virus since they can interfere with each other but I remember reading that Spybot is meant to complement having other security software installed.
  • It's Me, Picasso
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Not having a job right now that's not a good option. What's the bese free one/ MAny peole suggest MAlwarebytes, thug one perosn who I belive wokrs in IT suggests SuperantiSPyware.
I used MAlwarebytes before i was not impressed and SuperantiSPyware looks legit it almost reminds me of the older versions of spy sweeper. (jugging by screenshot alone mind you.)
I've heard a lot fo  peole combon MBAm and SAS. and MBAM just blicked a suspcious site just before i typed this. however, i suspect that's aprt of the short-term pro trail.
  • Dead man
I'm tempted to buy you a spy SAS it's only 19 bucks maybe when taxes come back or something note the maybe.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
i use sophos, mostly cuz i get it free from school but also because it's really lightweight, doesn't have a stupid UI, and is generally just something that i hardly see unless it picks up something.

if i wasn't getting this for free i'd be using ESET NOD32 which is prob. the best IMO
  • It's Me, Picasso
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

I've heard a lot fo  peole combon MBAm and SAS. and MBAM just blicked a suspcious site just before i typed this. however, i suspect that's aprt of the short-term pro trail.
That's what I do right now. I alos removed MCafee and installed Avast Free. (BTW, everyone ples update your JAva.
Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 07:27:06 pm by Terrorantula