Help Can someone help me with this tutorial (Read 161 times)

• my freinds call me theo but u can call me god
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
Can someone help me with this tutorial?

I really don't understand how all this works, and I really wanna be a programmer so I need to know.
  • VILLAIN
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
If you were anybody else I'd instantly assume you're joking.

But with The One, one can never be too sure.

anyway moved to the right forum so THEY can make fun of you.
  • god damn it man-o-war god damn it
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
What exactly do you not understand?
You have variables, which store information, and conditions/fork statements, which depending on input perform different outputs.
don't mind me, just postin' after a few brewskies
somebody’s Barkley --- could be another’s Monopolo.
  • my freinds call me theo but u can call me god
  • PipPipPipPip
You have variables, which store information, and conditions/fork statements, which depending on input perform different outputs.

That's exactly what I don't understand
  • god damn it man-o-war god damn it
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

That's exactly what I don't understand
Okay:
A variable is like a little digital sheet of paper. You give it a name by which you can later reference it, and a value, which is what you write on the paper. So for example, you have a variable named One, equal to 1.

Now you can reference that variable later in your program (assuming the same scope but really let's not go in to that, esp. because this is RPG Maker and I don't think it matters) by asking for the value of One, or setting the value of One to something else.

Conditionals are... like how do I even explain this? The tutorial pretty effectively said what it needed to on all points but... You have a set of circumstances where different things will happen.
IF One [is ][/is] 1 THEN [give ][/give]
ELSE [print ][/print]
END

So, if the variable One is not equal to 1 (if it got changed in some event somewhere) then the player gets rewarded for his consistency, otherwise the NPC you're talking to gets confused and nothing happens.

I feel like I'm not helping at all and my post isn't that clear but I hope it somewhat helped you???
don't mind me, just postin' after a few brewskies
somebody’s Barkley --- could be another’s Monopolo.