Code HTML/CSS/Javascript(?) request (Read 184 times) Making mouse disappear over link

• Let's put a smile on that face...
  • Group: Premium Member
Hi, I have a blog I'm making and I would like to make a script that makes the mouse disappear when it hovers over a specific link (the menu tabs). Is that possible? And if yes, how can someone make it? (using what?). BTW I'm making this blog on blogger so consider any restrictions that might apply.

PS: I know this isn't exactly programming but it is technology right?
  • the darkest member
  • Pip
you can just use a css rule.  Add something like this to the html in your blogger template:

a.class_for_your_link {
  cursor: none;
}

I don't think this is very good user experience though.  If you're applying this to menu tabs then users are going to have a hard time telling how far they need to move the mouse to get from one tab to the next. 
  • Let's put a smile on that face...
Dumb me didn't check first to see if there are any cursor attributes etc. About the user experience you might be right but the thing is, when hovering over the menu tab there is some text that appears and the cursor makes it difficult to read some times so this is why we're trying this. Thanks for the reply gonna test it out now
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
if you care about Opera users note that Opera doesn't support cursor:none; or cursor:url(myimage.png);

maybe try cursor:crosshair;? it's not very commonly used but might work for your case...

Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 07:13:00 pm by denzquix
  • Group: Member
Hi

It is possible using css and javascript
iso 9001 certification in kuwait