Help POSSIBLE HELP WITH TUMBLR THEME? NEED POSTS IN CHRONO ORDER (Read 452 times) tumblr

• Pip
  • Group: Member
alright..i want to host a webcomic called SPACE DISASTER X on tumblr, but the problem is that most tumblr themes host them from newest to oldest. there are certain ways to do this using tag, but its very complicated and inconvenient, and i would much rather have it done through code.

here is the theme i'll be working with, http://www.tumblr.com/theme/9601 and i'd like to know whether or not anyone could help me and put something together for this
  • VILLAIN
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
I've actually developed an entire theme so I'm familiar with the tumblr theme code. if you want to I can help you with this.

I'm a little puzzled though, isn't newest first what you want? as in: when they visit your page, they see the latest panel, and those who want to go back in history can use the nav buttons. (might be nice to put in regular first/previous/next/latest buttons.) that's how most webcomics do it I believe.
Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 11:23:17 pm by dada
  • Pip
I've actually developed an entire theme so I'm familiar with the tumblr theme code. if you want to I can help you with this.

I'm a little puzzled though, isn't newest first what you want? as in: when they visit your page, they see the latest panel, and those who want to go back in history can use the nav buttons. (might be nice to put in regular first/previous/next/latest buttons.) that's how most webcomics do it I believe.
hmm....well..you've got a good point there, i never thought of it that way
....HMMMMM... i was thinking, that new people would automatically see the oldest post first and then you'd start out, but i suppose you ARE right, a lot of webcomics do it the opposite way and if youre new you just redirect yourself to the start........
  • Pip
but i have some things to ask anyway...if you have a skype id like to ask you personally!! (my user is maroonracoon)
  • VILLAIN
sure. I'd prefer something like gtalk tho but I can come online on skype tomorrow. I'll add you.
  • Lichens!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
dada is def into girl talk
  • VILLAIN
girl tumblr theme code talk
  • TV people want to leave
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • Real-time weapon change
  • PipPip
It's best to just use traditional webcomic hosting and repost updates or thumbnails of updates to tumblr. That's what most the webcomic authors I know tend to do.
  • VILLAIN
what's traditional webcomic hosting, though? I don't know of any webcomic platform. maybe I should build one.....
  • VILLAIN
oh yeah the best way to talk would be IRC maybe, saltw irc is #saltw @ irc.esper.net. you can use http://mibbit.com/ if you don't have an irc client.