Help [fixed] UNITY COLLISION HELP!! (Read 410 times)

• Pip
  • Group: Member
there seems to be p active unity coders here and i'm curious what i'm doing wrong with this collision code thing

the wall thing pictured here has a mesh collider on it and i made it in sketchup (im really dumb with blender which is another thing i must accomplish)

any help would be great! this is the thing thats causing my learning of unity to stunt.

Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 03:02:49 am by bwiz
  • clockamite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
is the "is trigger" check button for the mesh collider turned on? this should mean you can't actually collide with it - trigger is used for when you walk through stuff. so try turning it on and walking through the wall rather than the space i guess. i dunno hopefully this ould do it!
http://harmonyzone.org
  • Pip
is the "is trigger" check button for the mesh collider turned on? this should mean you can't actually collide with it - trigger is used for when you walk through stuff. so try turning it on and walking through the wall rather than the space i guess. i dunno hopefully this ould do it!

that didn't seem to make it work, unfortunately. i have really strange errors with unity.
  • Let's put a smile on that face...
I'm a total newb just like you (and I use C# instead of JS which also complicates things) but I'll just throw it out there:

If you want to collide the Is Trigger button must be DEACTIVATED otherwise collision will be ignored.
Also, since you're not using the trigger options your function shouldn't be the onTriggerEnter but something related to collision. In C# there are functions like "OnCollisionEnter" and "OnCollisionExit" to regulate what happens when a gameobject touches another. Try to find their counterparts in javascript i you can
  • now das fresh
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
sorry for being off topic but this reminded me of an achewood thing

you have to mentally navigate with the awareness that this is a very old program with a massive feature set yet also has had teams trying to dumb it down for years -- it's like dancing with a beautiful woman, but a church lady is holding a ruler between you the whole time
yes coulombs are "germaine", did you learn that word at talk like a dick school?
  • Banned
It has to start with a capital O. OnTriggerEnter, not onTriggerEnter. Also, it has to be place in the trigger itself, not the entree.
Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 08:12:17 am by gentileCheerios
  • Pip
shit, i forgot to post that this has been fixed. someone should lock it or something. do forum magic. abort abort.
  • Kaiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
haha, sucker!! :^B >:^B haahaa look at him!!! haha just, just look at him, ahahah jesus im horrible/childhish sorry. Asshole Tendencies
  • I need to watch things die
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I wish I had Unity Pro :(
  • Banned
I wish I had Unity Pro :(

It's worth the trouble of risking going to jail for torrenting it for the NavMesh alone