Project Let's make the best ever River City Ransom ROM hack (Read 1120 times)

• Group: Member
After 5 years, I'm still wondering what came out of this conversation!  I am deperately looking for a decent hack of River City Ransom, or even user friendly tools to edit maps and such.  It seems all it needs is to have the right people with the right interest in this game.

I played around with Denzquix's python scripts and extracted in-game text, npc names and shop names, that's all I managed to do.

With all the new releases around the series on the 3DS as of late, there's never been a better time to bring new life in this game! 

Is there a Japanese famicom rom hacking scene I should be looking into?
Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 06:10:53 pm by Jaz
  • Worthless Protoplasm
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
After 5 years, I'm still wondering what came out of this conversation!  I am deperately looking for a decent hack of River City Ransom, or even user friendly tools to edit maps and such.  It seems all it needs is to have the right people with the right interest in this game.

I played around with Denzquix's python scripts and extracted in-game text, npc names and shop names, that's all I managed to do.

With all the new releases around the series on the 3DS as of late, there's never been a better time to bring new life in this game! 

Is there a Japanese famicom rom hacking scene I should be looking into?

there's a 3DS version? Is it like, 3d
http://djsaint-hubert.bandcamp.com/

• Group: Member
In North America we were blessed with River City Tokyo Rumble and River City Rival Showdown.  Both excellent games!  Tokyo Rumble is essentially a remake of Renegade and Rival Showdown is a remake of River City Ransom.

The game is technically 3D but retains the original 8bit style of River City Ransom.

I'm really trying to bring together fan of the Kunio-Kun series, I started a Facebook page 'Kunio-Kun Worldwide' I think anyone reading this should join it.  All the forums and communities around this series are now dead and have been for years (including this one!).
  • Worthless Protoplasm
In North America we were blessed with River City Tokyo Rumble and River City Rival Showdown. Both excellent games! Tokyo Rumble is essentially a remake of Renegade and Rival Showdown is a remake of River City Ransom.

The game is technically 3D but retains the original 8bit style of River City Ransom.

I'm really trying to bring together fan of the Kunio-Kun series, I started a Facebook page 'Kunio-Kun Worldwide' I think anyone reading this should join it. All the forums and communities around this series are now dead and have been for years (including this one!).

whoa I like the style of those a lot. I don't really play games anymore though lol

• Worthless Protoplasm
there's a River City Girls coming out now