Tech I have a traitor in my midst! (Read 172 times) my-router-is-lying-to-me lying-technology how-to-fix?

• Comrade!?! I AM NOT A FUCKING RUSSIAN
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
I have this router made by ZyXEL and it's model number is: AMG1302-T10A.

It freaquently lies to me, the router status page show it's connected at some speed (between 4mbp to just over 6mbs) yet sometimes when I try to access the internet, it goes "DSL is down" and other programs and games can't connect despite it showing itself as connected. I do some diagnostics yet the DSL says it's up and the ATM diagnostics also show it's up.

So tell me, why is my router lying to me?

Also a question, why do web players lie? They show as having buffered x amount in the player bar, but it hasn't reached that point and it suddenly needs to buffer?

So, on top of my two above questions (the router one being the priority) do any of you have an exerpience with being lied to by technology?

RIP DoktorMartini

My brute!
  • Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Maybe both those things are placebo effects intentionally designed to give you the illusion of control.
0-------0
|Belross|
0-------0
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
That would be par for course in my life. But it IS pissing me off.
RIP DoktorMartini

My brute!
  • Lichens!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
why
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Why what? Be specific, any way, I really am having that issue, I thought some one here might have an answer as to why my router says "connected to the internet" but then gives me "no DSL connection" when I try to access a website.
RIP DoktorMartini

My brute!