Attention Poor Posting Habits (Read 3073 times)

• professional disappointment
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
also i am a pretty awful poster but you guys know you'd miss me :words:  :words:  :words:  :iceburn:
  • aye ess dee eff el cay jay ache
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
There is no place for felatio in a circle jerk.I would much rather people using a quote as their entire post rather then rephrasing or reposting the same thing. It's easier to identify and ignore worthless posts when they're not disguised as worthful.
I USE Q'S INSTEQD OF Q'S
  • Good to go.
  • Pip
  • Group: Member
I think a better solution would be to just take away post count all together. I'm sure many people would agree with me on this.
  • sea of vodka
Quote from: Shru
I think a better solution would be to just take away post count all together. I'm sure many people would agree with me on this.
No one gives a shit about post count. Removing it wouldn't change how people posted, or how useless and generic their posts were.
  • sea of vodka
Quote from: climbtree
There is no place for felatio in a circle jerk.I would much rather people using a quote as their entire post rather then rephrasing or reposting the same thing. It's easier to identify and ignore worthless posts when they're not disguised as worthful.
How about............. NEITHER. Crazy idea, I know. No one's asking people to, instead of quoting an entire post, adding nothing, and saying they agree, to rewrite the entire post in their own words, making the exact same points. But you could, you know, elaborate on some of their points, cover shit they missed, reinforce their arguments. It's not exactly an EITHER/OR situation, here.
  • aye ess dee eff el cay jay ache
I used rather twice in that post.IF, THEN and maybe GOTO
I USE Q'S INSTEQD OF Q'S
  • I <3 You
  • PipPip
Quote from: Rowain
I suppose we shouldn't care that television is flooded with crappy reality TV and sitcoms because it's just the media. Sure that's an inflated example, but the point is that people can put a few more seconds into their posts and add some semblance of thought over mindless agreement."
And a really bad example... Since they have all those on TV because so many people like them... But I guess because you don't like them it makes them crappy!Anyway, it just doesn't seem natural for a forum to be this formal. People don't always have their own opinions on things; they often share the same opinion as someone else.

Make Money With Adsense Work At Home - Paid Surveys TV Show News Celebrity News
  • FIFTY FIFTY FIFTY
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Quote from: Rowain
These are primarily DISCUSSION forums not POLL forums. Outside of the poll forum, there is absolutely no need for you to post just to show "hey, I agree with x about y issue". Zero. nada. Zip.
This, basically. In the poll forum it should be allowed, though, or I probably won't be posting in anymore polls :(​.
  • 100% not arab
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Quote from: Ketay
And a really bad example... Since they have all those on TV because so many people like them... But I guess because you don't like them it makes them crappy!Anyway it just doesn't seem natural for a forum to be this formal. People don't always have their own opinions on things; they often share the same opinion as someone else.
....How is asking people to use their BRAINS suddenly a formality?
WHY SO SERIOUS HAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA
  • Journeyman Mage
  • PipPipPipPip
Because it goes against the very nature of the speices, clearly, Rowain! If we suddenly start using our brains before having conversations, why....um......well, I'm sure it would cause some sort of anarchy, anyway.
Websites: Shiningbeam.net (Personal) | Bimini Road (Development Circle)
Releases:
  • Who's the boss? Not you, bitch.
Quote from: Shadowtext
Because it goes against the very nature of the speices clearly, Rowain! If we suddenly start using our brains before having conversations, why....um......well, I'm sure it would cause some sort of anarchy, anyway.
Rowain's post was made specifically for you. We don't want posts like this.
Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden
  • Overzealous Avatar Changer
  • Pip
If I'm allowed to add in my .02 cents, I think a lot of what started this trend (by which I mean things like targ posts outside of crap shack, inentional poor grammar, and one-liner catch phrases like "gay imo") can be pointed at the moderators, staff, and popular/respected members.  A lot of us posted our fair share of such posts in the past years (like that one thread in PP&A that was linked toin the Command and Control forums some time ago, featuring a huge array of one-liners by people such as rami and QM), and because it was acceptable for us to do it back then, it now became an acceptable - even cool - behavior for people to post things like "gay imo" and "This."  After seeing mods do it, people began thinking things like "Steel doesthis so it must be okay for me to do it" or "Diggity does this so it must be cool," and it catches on in the community.While it's possible to point fingers at members who do such things now and say stop, I think the best way to go about this is simply for the mods and admins to set a different example and try to reinforce that things like "gay imo" is not really cool and that opinions should be more thought out (mainly by not doing this themselves).  That way, members will gradually stop posting in such methods, and the only problem you would be left with is one-line opinions rather than a massive array of things.
  • FIFTY FIFTY FIFTY
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Quote from: AzureFenrir
If I'm allowed to add in my .02 cents I think a lot of what started this trend (by which I mean things like targ posts outside of crap shack, inentional poor grammar, and one-liner catch phrases like "gay imo") can be pointed at the moderators, staff, and popular/respected members.  A lot of us posted our fair share of such posts in the past years (like that one thread in PP&A that was linked toin the Command and Control forums some time ago, featuring a huge array of one-liners by people such as rami and QM), and because it was acceptable for us to do it back then, it now became an acceptable - even cool - behavior for people to post things like "gay imo" and "This."  After seeing mods do it, people began thinking things like "Steel doesthis so it must be okay for me to do it" or "Diggity does this so it must be cool," and it catches on in the community.
Ya no shit. We've already discussed this in the mod forum extensively, and came to many conclusions. Thanks your your helpful input though!
  • i need to fight tsg this isn't even optional
Steel doesn't do this.  Neither does Diggity.  I mean, I am really hoping you used those examples of people that DO NOT fall under this shit, because if so, you've really missed the whole point of the topic.And like Jester said, of course we know that.  We've already discussed it, to near death, in the mod forum.
  • Bringing it all back home!
  • PipPipPipPip
I have to admit, I've been guilty of quoting something and putting "This" after it on occasion.I am a lazy bastard.  :sly:
  • One Winged Angel
  • PipPipPipPip
I think one of the things Azure was talking about was the aforementioned Hundley.  I constantly see him post nonsense posts, and a lot of the times I find them quite funny, but that doesn't mean that they are needed.  And as far as I know, he hasn't suffered any reprocutions because of such posts.Another good thing Azure brought up was the Mod/Admin attitudes.  A while ago I severely hated the way Steel got around doing pretty much anything he wanted, doing some pretty stupid things that normal members would get warned/banned for.  Some of the mods even agreed with me (that whole "4 out of 5 moderators think Steel is an idiot" sig), but with Steel being a Mod there wasn't really anything to do.  For whatever reason, I haven't noticed Steel doing anything "unmodly" for quite some time now, nor any other mods, but in the past I can recall this being a big problem, just as Azure mentioned.
  • sea of vodka
Quote from: WackFiend
I think one of the things Azure was talking about was the aforementioned Hundley.  I constantly see him post nonsense posts and a lot of the times I find them quite funny, but that doesn't mean that they are needed.  And as far as I know, he hasn't suffered any reprocutions because of such posts.Another good thing Azure brought up was the Mod/Admin attitudes.  A while ago I severely hated the way Steel got around doing pretty much anything he wanted, doing some pretty stupid things that normal members would get warned/banned for.  Some of the mods even agreed with me (that whole "4 out of 5 moderators think Steel is an idiot" sig), but with Steel being a Mod there wasn't really anything to do.  For whatever reason, I haven't noticed Steel doing anything "unmodly" for quite some time now, nor any other mods, but in the past I can recall this being a big problem, just as Azure mentioned.
You have no idea what the fuck we're talking about.
  • :rite:
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I used to be such a bad poster. 1/3 of all my posts were just quotes, but one day Trystero said sometime to me about it, and so I mended my ways... Sort of. Sure, my posts STILL lacked content, and some were definatley violations of things mentioned above (bad grammar, etc.), but I do make quality posts as often as I can, and I'll try to do it even more often...But on the other side of the coin, I'm sure we don't want to become uber strict communist forum either. Of course I know this isn't what the mods are talking about at all, but I'm just trying to get across that this doesn't mean no more fun and games, it just means not every other post should be "gay imo".At least that's how I understand it.
  • i need to fight tsg this isn't even optional
Quote from: WackFiend
I think one of the things Azure was talking about was the aforementioned Hundley.  I constantly see him post nonsense posts and a lot of the times I find them quite funny, but that doesn't mean that they are needed.  And as far as I know, he hasn't suffered any reprocutions because of such posts.Another good thing Azure brought up was the Mod/Admin attitudes.  A while ago I severely hated the way Steel got around doing pretty much anything he wanted, doing some pretty stupid things that normal members would get warned/banned for.  Some of the mods even agreed with me (that whole "4 out of 5 moderators think Steel is an idiot" sig), but with Steel being a Mod there wasn't really anything to do.  For whatever reason, I haven't noticed Steel doing anything "unmodly" for quite some time now, nor any other mods, but in the past I can recall this being a big problem, just as Azure mentioned.
This is the stupidest fucking thing you have ever posted, and you've posted a topic asking whether you should ask a girl out or buy shoes before so that's pretty goddam phenomenal.Anyways, STOP TALKING ABOUT
I have an opinion
this.
THAT IS NOT THE POINT OF THE TOPIC.  THIS IS:
Quote: i just want to see king kong rip a t-rex in half        Quote:  didn't see a monkey in the movie.        Quote:  his heart is giant, its full of love        Quote:  what the fuck are you talking about        Quote:  oh christ this movie was horrible. too long, to lame, and jack black is a terrible actor and anyone who can't see that is a terrible person.        Quote:  another casualty...        Quote:  also isn't this a movie too? I'll wait for that.        Quote:  i found the book very bad and i did not finish it        Quote:  it's an awful book, i'm going to download the movie at the very most.Quote:  hey i ilike where this is going        Quote:  can`t wait for next revelations :O        Quote:  my dreams...... fulfilled...........        Quote:  penii is not even a damn word!
WHO POSTED THIS SHIT.  WHO.  TELL ME GODDAMMIT.  If you can tell me from those posts alone, I will eat my hat.  The good one, not the straw one.That's the real problem.  It's not just people quoting and writing THIS but a general THIS attitude on the forum.  Everyone wants WITTY ONE LINERS when almost none of them are remotely funny and are in fact closer to ANUS DRIBBLE than any thing resembling a post.
  • 100% not arab
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
To be fair, I am pretty sure the third from the bottom is Arucard but only because of that stupid `. He hasn`t learned what an apostrophe is!
WHY SO SERIOUS HAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA