Topic: Super Screenshot (Read 237 times)

• eating pinecones
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
This is a thread to show off whatever you are working on.

I've been messing about in PICO-8.

Last Edit: January 11, 2024, 06:47:49 am by dosmaen

• Worthless Protoplasm
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
not a game screenshot, but a plugin that I've been working on for a while. It's a saturation plugin that's multiband using FFT to split the frequencies. It refreshes every sample so it doesn't have the sort of artifacts FFT usually has

Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 12:01:12 pm by Ragnar
http://djsaint-hubert.bandcamp.com/

• eating pinecones

I was messing around in RPG Maker on PS4.

• Worthless Protoplasm
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

I was messing around in RPG Maker on PS4.

there's a Don's Adventure 2? Can you upload it somewhere?
http://djsaint-hubert.bandcamp.com/

• eating pinecones
It's actually available on PS4 RPG Maker MV as a download. You can find an earlier version in the Japanese section.

Funny thing about the game is that the English (US) version of it was broken at launch, and the only way around it was to have a Japanese account if you wanted to upload.

I figured it out with support on discord, and they put in a patch where they would upload a temporary game on your account that you could replace.

It was a whole ordeal. And RPG Maker MV is a pain in the ass to use on there. You have keyboard support but no mouse. :D

• eating pinecones

• eating pinecones
screenshot

new RTP

It was actually an asset pack that UPRC made and was selling over on itch.io. :D He originally made it for a final fantasy inspired game that he was making.

https://uprc.itch.io/penumbra-graphics-pack

Also If you need your password reset for Ragnar or if you want your post count moved over into your new account, let me know and I'll have Dada reach out to you with a temporary password.

• eating pinecones

• Group: Member
screenshot

new RTP

It was actually an asset pack that UPRC made and was selling over on itch.io. :D He originally made it for a final fantasy inspired game that he was making.

https://uprc.itch.io/penumbra-graphics-pack

Also If you need your password reset for Ragnar or if you want your post count moved over into your new account, let me know and I'll have Dada reach out to you with a temporary password.

the problem is my password reset link got sent to some email I haven't used in forever and not even sure if it even exists anymore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I formed a small team last year and started working on an investigation narrative game w/ fixed camera scenes. Been working this week on making one establishing scene look pretttty, here's what it's looking like at the moment!!!

Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 04:02:33 am by DoctorEars
  • eating pinecones
I formed a small team last year and started working on an investigation narrative game w/ fixed camera scenes. Been working this week on making one establishing scene look pretttty, here's what it's looking like at the moment!!!

Love the style that you have going on. Do you have an itch.io / website set up?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Love the style that you have going on. Do you have an itch.io / website set up?

We don't have an itch yet, but just our team website: http://www.cosmicsoupgames.com
Will hopefully get an itch and other stuff set up later this year once our vertical slice is done.
small side lowpoly/VN project, not sure what the game is yet

RPGmaker default menus are ugly as sin, so I opted to make something entirely custom.
It is going fairly well! Now I'm up to making the brochures listing, which is like collectible lore about worlds and events and junk, while Pamphlets like shown above are more about characters.

The choice box is not filled as this is straight from photoshop, ha ha!
Live for only you, live with pride.
  • So-Called Manga Artist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I wanted to make something cute.
:O it's Nessy!

I think you succeeded, that screenshot is IMMENSELY CUTE! I can feel diabetes coming on from all that sugar!

Although uh... you might be mixing up tenses there in that dialogue. "Today has ... isn't it?" should probably be 'Today has ... hasn't it?" as the other one assumes past tense, and is then followed by present tense.

Hope that helped, it might be intentional, though! Like maybe that cat or bunny or whatever is a timelord or something and they like to distort tenses for fun? I sure can get behind that vibe!

Speaking of timelords with animal inspirations.
Last Edit: April 26, 2024, 03:48:07 pm by RemiChan
I have a custom of giving feedback to at least 5 posts behind, even if it's just a one-liner and definitely supersubjective uhhh yeah. I like screenshot threads because you can comment on other people's work.
@DoctorEars: love the artstyle, outlined 3D stuff and very dramatic lighting 👀
@shweep: your stuff is always gorgeous, keep up the good work, love the PS1 style yayyyyy and the color choice is chef's kiss
@Remi: you definitely like writing XD, that's good for a database sort of thing, menu looks great, love the animations
@Nessy: pastels yayyy looks adorable, very cute map. Is this a new Nessy gam? 👀
@Remi again: gasp! cutscene. The character at the center feels slightly smaller, which I like because it kinda gives it a bit of a perspective effect. I don't know if that's final for them though, as right now it seems like a scaled down version of the artwork shown besides the text box. Really cool tho!

And here's this week's screenshot.
  • eating pinecones
small side lowpoly/VN project, not sure what the game is yet
love the color scheme, artstyle, and the random #*$&% symbols that switch for the curse words. :gwa:

Quote from: remi
two posts
Style looks really professional and making custom UI stuff can be a lot of fun for sure. :) Nice work!

Quote from: nessiah
something cute
It's very adorable and I love the bright colors.

Quote from: orochii
3d awesomeness

Adding a new dimension to your game I see, feels very breath of fire playstation era like.

I have a custom of giving feedback to at least 5 posts behind, even if it's just a one-liner and definitely supersubjective uhhh yeah. I like screenshot threads because you can comment on other people's work.
That's a good way to be, it keeps forums buzzing!
@Remi: you definitely like writing XD, that's good for a database sort of thing, menu looks great, love the animations
Yeah this was always the planned design for the Database in the TAB for Fantasia, and only now after five years into its development is the plan becoming reality!
@Remi again: gasp! cutscene. The character at the center feels slightly smaller, which I like because it kinda gives it a bit of a perspective effect. I don't know if that's final for them though, as right now it seems like a scaled down version of the artwork shown besides the text box. Really cool tho!
Yeah, both the arts in that shot are placeholders. This is content that will be in Disk 3 which i truthfully haven't been able to begin working on yet. The smaller one in the middle will be replaced with a sprite, while the image on the lower left side is going to be a character portrait. Cutscenes are something I enjoy, especially when i get to do a fully rendered animation!

And here's this week's screenshot.
This is mega cute, and is that a cat girl I see!?

OH NO, YOU'RE MEETING ALL OF MY STANDARDS!!!

Style looks really professional and making custom UI stuff can be a lot of fun for sure. :) Nice work!
Thankies! The further I can get away from the rpgmaker 'look' the better, as having a game that looks like it was made in RPGmaker is not the selling point some silly clowns seem to think it is!

The stigma exists for very good reason. :0

Oh, uh... yeah I'll always have more to show, i was talking about how i like making animated cutscenes earlier so, I'll share one of those!

Apotropaism ☢!SEIZURE WARNING!☢
Making some of these animations was so fun. Pjcr (my portrait artist) and his work is also usually utilized for these. Some are MAPs or Multi-animator projects, but i can share some of those later.