Games What are you playing? (Read 140666 times)

• Firbolg Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
I'm in the middle of playing quite a few games:

The Dark Spire (DS)
Avalon Code (DS)
Retro Game Challenge (DS)
Super Dodgeball Brawlers (DS)
Okami (Wii)

I swear The Dark Spire makes me want to rip my hair out.  It is the most challenging and frustrating game I've played in a very long time.
Gaming World Mini City: Population, Industry, Transportation, Security Current rank 3950.
Click a different link each day.
  • Artist, novelist, gamer, and friend.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
There's a super dodgeball on DS? :O Soooo, I'm hitting EB soon.
  • TV people want to leave
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
you too grunthor, if you haven't already go watch gamecenter cx (in fact everyone do this regardless)

i've not played the ds one but i really love super dodgeball advance, it is the type of game that sounds awful until you play it
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • Firbolg Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
There's a super dodgeball on DS? :O Soooo, I'm hitting EB soon.

It's pretty interesting.  You can punch and kick anyone who gets too close to the center line and there are items that randomly appear around the level that can be used different ways.

you too grunthor, if you haven't already go watch gamecenter cx (in fact everyone do this regardless)

i've not played the ds one but i really love super dodgeball advance, it is the type of game that sounds awful until you play it

I just recently found out about the tv show, but haven't had time to watch it yet. 
Gaming World Mini City: Population, Industry, Transportation, Security Current rank 3950.
Click a different link each day.
there are season one clips on youtube that are really short (They stripped the other segments and just kept in the gameplay ones), they take very little time to watch...netaro and rotate1991 are the two youtube accounts with gccx stuff that i've found

fuji tv is looking for someone to sell the dvds in the us right now so i hope that goes well!
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • "Nuke It!"
  • PipPip
  • Group: Member
Uhh right about now I'm playing through:

Lost Odyssey (I think I fucked up on my first attempt, plus I never got too far anyways.)
Paper Mario
Banjo Tooie (XBLA version)

Also I played through Beautiful Katamari again today. So short yet so fun and addicting.

I'm still looking for other games to play though. Anybody know of some good DS/PS2/GBA rpgs? I was thinking of getting Knights In The Nightmare if it's even out yet.
  • If this Disturbs you, then walk away...
  • PipPipPip
I am currently playing some Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst as well as Call of Duty World at War.
  • Action RPG Demi-God
  • PipPipPipPip
Wii:

- The Conduit
- Final Fantasy IV: The After Years
- Swords and Soldiers

360:

- Infinite Undiscovery
- Lost Planet

NDS:

- Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
- GTA: Chinatown Wars
  • <<<BLAME>>>
- Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires
- Doom II with custom WADs (Specifically, Alien Vendetta)
- Phoenix Wright
- Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
- World of Warcraft
- Splatterhouse series
- Battlefield: Bad Company
  • Scanner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I'm a play 1 game until you finished it type of guy. But instead of my usual of playing through single player stuff. I'm playing some CoD4. Though I after playing it like 10 hours straight every other day for about 5 days I've gotten a bit sick of it. I'll probably move onto playing through Far Cry 2. Despite this though I do sort of have a few other games I plan on playing through (all for the first time) soon:

-MGS3(still haven't finished it) and MGS4
-Prototype
-Left 4 Dead (I want to play through and beat the 3rd and 4th campaigns on Expert I still have not beat them)
-Beyond Good and Evil (everyone is telling me I need to play this)
-Fallout 3 (Main story quests, I've done like 90% of the side quests)
-Tomb Raider: Anniversary (since I never beat the actual first game and this is just a remake of it)
-Knights of the Old Republic 2 (beat the first and loved it)
-FEAR 2 (Need to buy it first though, going to wait for it to get cheaper.)

EDIT: Battlefield: Bad Company was the EASIEST FPS game I have ever played, don't get me wrong though it was fun... just amazingly easy.
Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 08:17:45 am by warpped655
  • A WARRIOR POET
  • PipPipPip
I've been playing Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup again since the v0.5 release a month ago and I'm gonna beat it this time I swear to god

I've never played a Hill Orc Priest of Beogh before, but it rules, this is my best game ever. Every time I walk into a new room of the Orcish Mines, half of the enemies join me, and the other half starts attacking the first half. I've also found a scroll of acquirement and 2 artifacts before level 10, including a completely disgusting axe that is on fire, resists fire, lets me blink on command, and evokes magic mapping. It's absolute madness!
  • Ninjitsu Extraordinair
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Right now I'm trying to finish Megaman 2 to 6 on a NES emu on my DS. This, together with casual Oblivion. I really need to buy new games.
<richcollins> christ how long does a reboot take
<w3wsrmn> took him 3 days
Courtesy of www.bash.org
  • Mystery Solving Musician
  • PipPipPipPip
360:
Prince of Persia

PSP:
FFVII Crisis Core
Breath of Fire 3

PC:
The Last Remnant (trying to play it at least, it keeps crashing at one point in the game).

• I am also known as jimmy7512
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Oh, I also recently started playing Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce and Warriors Orochi. All these Koei games are the same but I've never completed one...
RMN Profile
http://rpgmaker.net/games/1446/?p=2#posts

GameJolt Profile
http://gamejolt.com/freeware/games/action/zombie-outbreak/830/

See that's why I don't get why people complain about Koei releasing so many games in a series that are so similar.  There will ALWAYS be new people coming into the series.  With the exception of a demo disc with one of the PSX ones, I had never played Dynasty Warriors.  So, if I have the option between going back and hunting down an old PSX game or buying essentially the same game but upgraded graphically and with achievements and some other things like that, why wouldn't I want it for the 360?  The people that complain about it seem to think that Koei expects you to buy every single one that comes out, but I think it's way more for people who haven't played one in years or people who have never played one and tend to go for the newest one.
BRRING! BRRING!
  • The Corrector
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Man, I don't know how you guys can play so many games at the same time.  I'd rather just stick with one, master it, beat it, then move on to the next.

If you're in IRC, you know I am obsessed with Prototype right now.  That's all I'm playing at the moment.

Next I might go back and play Bioshock and not kill all the little girls.

also, how do you guys get into Dynasty Warriors.  that series is like the worst.
dynasty warriors is fantastic f u

i think the problem with koei games is that you have to like the theme for them to be any good...that's why i can see why they made dynasty warriors gundam because that looks completely retarded at first but if you absolutely hate ancient china and japan then this gives you the exact same gameplay but an entirely different theme.  i think they should do this with more games, there were definitely games i played in the past where i really liked the gameplay but couldn't give a shit about the setting and everything so it put me off
BRRING! BRRING!
  • Who's the boss? Not you, bitch.
i think koei is a pretty great company. i've never really thought about it, but if i HAD to have a favorite company, it would probably be koei. they've released some really neat things (of course rot3k and nobunaga's ambition, but they had some other cool stuff like inindo: way of the ninja, saiyuki: journey to the west, and celtic tales: balor of the evil eye) but the problem is that half the games they've made that i really want to play were never released here. it sucks because they've made some really cool looking games too like taiko risshiden, the LEGEND OF series, which is about specific characters from the romance of the three kingdoms novel, and a bunch of other really cool, crazy stuff. they make games that are entirely different from everything else that is out there but we can't really play half of them, which sucks. but yeah, they are very neat and i'm definitely glad they exist!!!

ps trash head, yeah, i have played orc priests of beogh before and i was really enjoying it until i got halfway to the bottom of the orc mines and there were a bunch of dark elves there who completely annihilated my army of 40 or 50 orcs. after a while you realize how awful orcs are and how little having an army of a million orcs actually means.

oh wow, that's a terrible video of taiko risshiden.
Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 02:31:08 pm by dogchode69
Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden
koei rocks i have to agree, they just have really cool ideas!  i read their wiki page a while back and they have had amazing ideas like in japan they had a game called leading company where you run a company that manufactures vcrs!!!  i would love to play this, unfortunately it's the kind of thing no one would even make an english patch for.  they also made aerobiz where you run airports but i didn't know how to play it so i didn't really get very far into it, but even still i'm surprised it made it outside of japan.  these are just ideas that no one else comes up with.  plus, to take the biggest pieces of chinese literature and try to make a game out of them is a pretty big undertaking, there are so many details that have to be taken into consideration that it's amazing they pull it off.

then among all these simulators they make gitaroo man...how does this even happen? it's their one music game (that i know of) and it's completely out of the blue, but it's such a good game.  koei is just a very surprising company throughout its history.  i've especially wanted to play one of the winning post or g1 jockey games but i don't know if any came to the states (plenty were out in english but they were europe-only releases).  derby owners club is expensive to play in the arcades all the time so i'm desperately looking for a console horse racing/breeding game that doesn't suck (i'm looking at you, gallop racer).
BRRING! BRRING!
  • Artist, novelist, gamer, and friend.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Never actually touched Dynasty Warriors. It's never appealed to me. Maybe I'll rent it sometime.