Games What are you playing? (Read 140666 times)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
is dynasty warriors 6: empires like an expansion pack? because on amazon its cheaper than the regular dynasty warriors 6 but it seems like a standalone game.
  • TV people want to leave
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
i'm pretty sure it's standalone, but from what i read the original dw6 like...didn't even have officer creation which is pretty awful!  i have no idea why it would be cheaper but i don't think it's an expansion

i have dw5:empires and it's not an expansion, just a revamped dw5 i think
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • If this Disturbs you, then walk away...
  • PipPipPip
Dynasty Warriors is alright, the only ones I have played are Dynasty Warriors 6, Dynasty Warriors Gundam 1 & 2, and Dynasty Warriors Strike Force. DW 6 and Gundam 1 & 2 were decent games, great to kill time and vent anger. I only played the demo for Strike Force, and it was actually really hard :o.
  • Epic Hero
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I've been playing Demon's Souls for PS3.  I imported in from China, but it is in English.  It is basically the new King's Field game.  I really like it, but its' claustrophobic and plodding and lonely and I don't think it has much mass-market appeal.

About Koei: I agree that Koei is awesome.  I like their strategy games a lot.  I wish they released more of their games for the PC, though.  Most of their strategy games lead on PC in Japan, but it's pretty rare that their US versions are in English-language.  The latest RoTK game came out on PC, and I really liked it.  If I recall Koei is one of the biggest publishers in Japan . . . is this true?  I seem to recall that they have an EA or Activision-type market dominance in Japan.  I also wish they just released more in English . . . Uncharted Waters 2 was one of my favorite classic games, but I've never been able to play its sequels.
  • I am also known as jimmy7512
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
I have no problem with Koei releasing games that have the Romance of th Three Kingdoms theme as I kinda like it. Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce is more RPG-ish now with a bit of MMO grinding, as you have to take these quests like defeat bandit leader, I'm enjoying it also they got that suikoden system where you can equip orbs to your weapons it's pretty cool!

Warriors Orochi however is Romance of the Three Kingdoms with demons, all I have played so far is that some demon called Orochi comes to china and wants to rule the whole of china, you get to choose between factions like the usual Wei, Wu, Shu and SW (Samurai Warriors) which is basically Nobunaga Oda's faction and the Orochi faction. Theres also some system where if both characters attack then the weapons are locked and you have to tap the X button till you can kinda push them off which stuns them and allows you to initiate a 10 hit combo.
RMN Profile
http://rpgmaker.net/games/1446/?p=2#posts

GameJolt Profile
http://gamejolt.com/freeware/games/action/zombie-outbreak/830/

Strikeforce sounds kind of interesting, I might look into it.  I am actually going to try reading Romance of the Three Kingdoms soon, it should be on its way to my house right now (you can download it but I want a hard copy to carry with me).
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
anyway what i'm currently playing:

- Prototype, really fun and pretty close to the end but it gets pretty difficult at this point
- Warcraft 3, been playing a lot of Wintermaul One, which is probably one of the best TDs i've played
- Rome: Total War, about to start playing this again with some new realism mods and things
- Sims 3, haven't played it that recently but i'm trying to recreate my house and family with surprisingly accurate results
  • w00t for custom sprites
  • PipPip
There's a few games I'm playing at the moment:
-The World Ends With You | Kind of addicted, I'm trying to run through all chapters on Hard at Level 1, which is damn well difficult =[
-Hotel Dusk | This game is actually pretty fun, the story's pretty interesting, but I'm stuck at the end of Chapter 3 on a puzzle which I think has a really simple solution
-Kingdom Hearts | Trying to run through it on Expert with a Mage build, just heading to Hollow Bastion now.
-FFX | Upto the Cloister of Trials for Shiva, but for some reason I'm finding it rediculously easy to complete now... apart from Blitzball, I hate that minigame...
-Diablo 2 | Haven't played this game in ages, and I found that it works on my laptop, so playing it through. Might actually finish it this time.
  • Firbolg Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Strikeforce sounds kind of interesting, I might look into it.  I am actually going to try reading Romance of the Three Kingdoms soon, it should be on its way to my house right now (you can download it but I want a hard copy to carry with me).

It's a really good book, I think you'll like it.
Theres also some system where if both characters attack then the weapons are locked and you have to tap the X button till you can kinda push them off which stuns them and allows you to initiate a 10 hit combo.

That's been around for awhile now.  I remember getting into a few fights like that in the older DW games.  They're pretty easy to win, unless of course you're fighting Lu Bu.  I hate fighting that bastard.
Gaming World Mini City: Population, Industry, Transportation, Security Current rank 3950.
Click a different link each day.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
-FFX | Upto the Cloister of Trials for Shiva, but for some reason I'm finding it rediculously easy to complete now... apart from Blitzball, I hate that minigame...
I loved playing Blitzball, sometimes I would just turn FFX on just for that.

I've been playing Fallout 3, its a cool game but the main story is too short.
Little Big Planet - I always play a little bit of this when I get bored of my other games, plan on making another level.. takes a while though.
Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 10:29:02 pm by Massy2k6
http://steamsignature.com][/url]
  • You probally thought you werent gunna die today suprise!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Race driver Grid. That is all for now.
  • Artist, novelist, gamer, and friend.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Little Big Planet - I always play a little bit of this when I get bored of my other games, plan on making another level.. takes a while though.

Did I add your PSN yet? I'll play your levels. LBP is my life away from life.
  • i don't like change
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Been pretty stuck on Team Fortress 2 lately. I want to give it a break, do something else, or at least play something else, but I'm finding it less and less likely to actually happen. If you find someone going by the name "Look Around You", that's me.
  • Lichens!
im still playing prototype in my off times and that's pretty much going to be it for a while i suppose because I don't really have time to play it that often and I half the times on the missions I just end up sandboxing instead of following anything of what I'm supposed to be doing

i might pick up devil survivor for my DS though since I'm going to doing a lot of traveling where I'm not driving in July, so I'll play that during those times
  • Abominationist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Live-A-Live - I really like this one.

Earthbound - I wanted to play this again, now that I am playing it again though it's not as up bright and cheery as I remember. Infact it's already starting to give me the creeps and I havn't even gotten to the freaking ridiculous hp sludge monster boss whom I forgot the name of yet.

Blitzball mini-game - if they made an entire sports game of Blitzball I would totally play it, it's a sad truth but I would.

Prototype - mindless fun.

Majuuou - it's a fun little side scrolling thing that i enjoy playing.

Subterania - a Sega classic that somehow died out of the spotlight, shame really cause this one is fun.

Chakan - a Sega cult game about some dude with two swords who screwed himself over for defeating death. Fairly difficult one but I like it.

Vectorman 1/2

Bubsy the Bobcat - you had Mario I had Bubsy

General Chaos - it's a unique strategy game which is sorta real time and you basically shoot the crap out of eachother on the battlefield in real time. Just push the shoot button, and position them too.

Eco the Dolphin - a super fun happy dolphin game!

Earthworm Jim - it's groovy!

This is the most recent and off the top of my head though.
A tool is a tool regardless. I mean if you suck, you suck, and not even the most perfect tool could save you. And if your damn good then even with the worst tool ever conceived you could chug out some high quality shit.
As of yesterday I am replaying the Sailor Moon RPG for the SNES like a big ol' fag.  I don't even know how many years ago it was that I played this, it was definitely one of the earliest non-Pokemon roms I ever played.
BRRING! BRRING!
  • MURRY CRITSMATS
  • PipPipPipPipPip
On the comp:

- Cave Story (for like the 8th time)
- FF3/6 ( first run through )
- Hero's Realm

For 360, just fucken Halo3.. it's all I've really got. Cod4 disc is fucked and I'll have to wait till this friday before I get my first paycheque and get into the games I've really wanted to get in for a while (Oblivion, Fallout 3, Prototype looks like stupid fun as well )

Oh if you have been living under a rock and don't know what Cave Story is get on that shit ASAP ---
Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 05:17:56 am by Brad

R.I.P Steel
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Did I add your PSN yet? I'll play your levels. LBP is my life away from life.

Sure add me, Massy2k. I always enjoy playing other peoples levels..
http://steamsignature.com][/url]
  • tom cruise
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
I've been playing the new SMT game, Devil Survivor alot. It's better than I expected, although it sucks that they took out negotiating with demons. You like, buy them at auction now.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
Tales of Vesperia got finally released in Europe last week so I've been playing it (before that I've pretty much just played Rock Band 2 and Eternal Sonata in the last month).

big thanx to dragonslayer for sig!