Tv breaking bad. blabbing blab. (Read 4351 times)

• I fear and I tremble
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
I just finished the third season and I really love this show. I love the fact that ever since walt found out he had cancer and decided to make meth out of the desire to provide for his family he's been continually dealing with that decision and the slew of fucked up situations and problems its caused. On the other end though I think walt is alot easier to relate to and appreciate as a character than Jessie. Yeah he's pretty reserved but he's also alot wiser and cautious than jessie is. But at the same time his cautiousness is a null because he's this middle aged yuppie being thrown into a fucking drug war and half the time he doesn't even know how to emotionally handle it. As far as being clever and figuring shit out the man is brilliant but its like he's slowly being forced to act like a sociopath because of the kind of world he's enveloped himself in.

Jessie pisses me off. I do not think jessie does stupid shit just because he's young and learning although I do see him growing and learning some shit. He's fucking stupider than he's supposed to be. He is unrealistic stupid, yeah he's a junky and he's kind of dense in the first place but really that guy does and says some stupid shit.

Ragnar you should really watch breaking bad because its nothing like 24. With the increasing violence, brutality, and OH SHIT plot themes, this show reminds me of sons of anarchy alot. Sons of anarchy is more violent and not as well written but they're pretty similar. Oh btw this is the most awesome looking show. The different color schemes and camera angles they use are fucking awesome looking. I wanna trip balls and watch this shit.
DEUCE: MEETING THE URINE UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL AND REALIZING IT'S JUST LIKE ME AND MY PREJUDICES  THIS WHOLE TIME WERE COMPLETELY FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF PTTTTHTHTHH GOD IT'S EVERYWHERE<br />DEUCE: FUCK THIS TASTES LIKE PISS<br />PANTS: WHERE IT SHOULD TASTE LIKE COTTON CANDY OR PICKLES<br />DEUCE: OR AT LEAST LIKE URINE NOT PISS
  • I fear and I tremble
have any of you ever watched "the waking dead"? yeah I know zombies or whatever but some of the camera shooting reminds me of breaking bad.
DEUCE: MEETING THE URINE UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL AND REALIZING IT'S JUST LIKE ME AND MY PREJUDICES  THIS WHOLE TIME WERE COMPLETELY FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF PTTTTHTHTHH GOD IT'S EVERYWHERE<br />DEUCE: FUCK THIS TASTES LIKE PISS<br />PANTS: WHERE IT SHOULD TASTE LIKE COTTON CANDY OR PICKLES<br />DEUCE: OR AT LEAST LIKE URINE NOT PISS
  • Group: Member
The last episode felt really slow. They add a lot of filler to a lot of episodes and then it is punctuated by some intense violence that finally moves the plot along.

At least Jesse did something. I wanted Walt to kill him a couple times last season. I would have.
I am teh newbie hator!
I am teh premier sk8tor!
I don't remember the rest of teh quote!
  • PEW PEW PEW
you guys don't get Jesse
  • I fear and I tremble
No I get jesse he's the young struggling addict with a big heart but battling with his own personal flaws and rampant immaturity yadda yadda yadda. I personally know a few methheads who aren't nearly as dumb (but are still pieces of shit). Its like they took the typical junkie stereotype and just ran that shit into the ground. And he's so fucking IRRITATING!

For example, dead girlfriend. Jesse knows she is a recovering addict and that maybe her being around meth isn't the best thing but he's an ignorant and selfish asshole that ends up pressuring her into doing it anyways and then freaks the fuck out when she goes overboard and ODs. Tell me that isn't fucking stupid. The character has no forethought or critical thinking whatsoever he is a complete fucking moron. He keeps getting told OVER AND OVER that he is being a fucking dumbass and has been proven to be a dumbass COUNTLESS TIMES, this character never learns anything. And I guess yeah the impression you're supposed to get is that as a younger person neglected and struggling he's meant to be more stubborn and stuck in his ways but seriously????? really??? When hank beat the shit out of him I was really really hoping that they had actually killed him off. I think gale makes a much better and much more convincing character than jesse.
  • Scanner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
He was under the impression that she would be fine. It was stupid of him (and yeah lacked forethought) but I think its a bit extreme to say he was being a selfish asshole. Mostly just ignorant of the fact that what he did was extremely irresponsible.

Honestly, I surprised you weren't more affected by the sheer stupidity of Walter letting Jesse's girlfriend choke to death on her own vomit. (I say stupid assuming he wanted what was best for Jesse, which is pretty obviously the case.)

Walter and Jesse are probably the most human characters I've seen in a show. Mainly because they both do infuriatingly stupid fucking shit. (this of course not being the only way to make very human-like characters)

If they were real people, I would pity both, and feel very ashamed for them. But I wouldn't hate them or be irritated with them, they are unfortunate products of their environment.

Also, I'm pretty sure there are few people to ever live who wouldn't shit their pants or at least come close to the prospect of full on torture. Pretty sure Gus would react much the same way if the roles were reversed. Felt bad for the guy he killed.

Oh and jamie, I think there is actually a pretty good opportunity to do a good redemption ending. In fact, a 'moral pit man' ending would bore me since it'd get old just watching Walter just sink and sink and sink. (though I imagine the way he sinks might be still interesting) Because it seems like we've got our fill of that. But that is just me.

Also, I would like to see Hank back on his feet because watching him be miserable and make his wife miserable its... eh...

Overall though still think this is basically the best non-episodic-natured show on tv. Best episodic-natured one for me probably being House.
  • Worthless Protoplasm
yeah I saw an episode of this and it was kind of depressing. Lol Jesse likes dubstep and Resident Evil 4
http://djsaint-hubert.bandcamp.com/

• Power to the flowers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
i just finished watching the wire. i have a megaupload account for a month and i have to decide which show to watch next, is breakingbad actually good??
  • I fear and I tremble
yes watch it
  • Power to the flowers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
i didn't really have much to do so i watched up to half of the third season. i kept watching it hoping it would become better but i don't think this show is for me. it's alright and the plot kept me mildly interested but it's annoying watching Normal White People try and deal with drugs, especially after watching the wire. black people do it better. also suburban life is horrible/i already live in it i don't want to be immersed and listen to awful awkward conversations all the time.

it has good themes/writing going for it and the cinematography is great but it's all too unrealistic for me to take it seriously. i'm probably still going to keep watching it just because i've gotten myself into it
  • PEW PEW PEW
the fact that they're suburban and clueless is part of what's supposed to be interesting. the wire and bb are both entertaining and mildly thought-provoking, though the wire less so unless black people and no concrete right and wrong are new concepts to the viewer (I only watched up to the third season but by that time the blind seer shepherd of the literal noble homosexual savage already showed up so. the wire also has more moments that make you cringe by just how bad they are re: d'angelo talking about chess, snot boogie)
  • I fear and I tremble
Hey anybody get a chance to watch boardwalk empire yet? I'm watching the first episode right now and its amazing. Its created by the guy who wrote the sopranos and directed/produced by martin scorsese and mark whalburg about some guy named nucky who is a bootlegging kingpin. Its got the guy who played omar in the wire and steve buscemi as nucky. I'm really loving it so far.
  • PEW PEW PEW
I've been meaning to check it out. my family has some big steve buscemi fans.
  • Power to the flowers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
yeah boardwalk empire owns, really looking forward to the next season
  • Scanner
Spoilers for the most recent episode (S04E04): (highlight to make it more legible)
Jesse better not die. I'll be pissed.
  • PEW PEW PEW
puke so they're doing one last season after this one. I had higher hopes for walter's storyline after watching the first episode, but it hasn't been very interesting so far. I'm not sure walt is resourceful enough to be behind that thing it's implied he might be behind. the segments with jesse and mike are the only entertaining ones right now, but so far jesse was a lot better last season
  • Scanner
Yeah, this has been a somewhat weak season. but its still better than what most stuff is on TV.
  • thx ds k?
what? breaking bad has been pretty excellent this season.
  • Scanner
It's starting to pick up but right now its seems slower paced. Maybe that is just because I'm used to watching a whole season in 1-3 sittings.
  • ruined former youth seeking atonement
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Yeah, it feels like Walter's storyline has gone nowhere since the first episode. He runs around frantic telling people he's tough and then just embarrasses himself, over and over. I do see what they're doing but I was kind of rolling my eyes are certain points. Also, the last scene of this week's episode - I think the 'someone has to protect this family from the man who protects this family' line was supposed to be a total zinger but Skylar's disappearing just irritated me and when she came back and she was just doing that passive aggressive stuff again, I got bored. Like, again? We're doing the whole Walter acts weird and Skylar is pissed off at him again?

I'm sure there is a lot of good stuff to come but it feels like it is just spinning on its wheels at the moment. I've definitely felt unsatisfied for a couple of weeks now at the end of the episodes.