Tv breaking bad. blabbing blab. (Read 4351 times)

• Group: Member
I feel like I'm the only one who likes Skylar. At the start she becomes very manipulative in the most extreme ways. Like they try to do that classic scene where the husband comes home and the wife just doesn't say anything even though there should be a conversation about kids and stuff but there's this elephant in the room also. So the scene just becomes this really passive awkwardness the writers intend. But a portion of the audience that are probably the same people who wrote essays on "Why pot should be legal" in highschool jump straight to "wow what a bitch" without realizing any of the context. Lately especially she's been more than useful to Walt even to the point of reasoning with his dumb "leave this stockpile of money out of nowhere to the kids" ultra turn in.

Like if you hate the episode "The Fly" then you'll probably hate Skylar. For me I think I finally disliked Walt heavily, like without any of the "well he's human" where he lies to Jesse about Mike's death. At the same time though I'm wondering when they're going to let go of this "DON'T KILL KIDS" thing Jesse has because I felt like they did this like twice already where Jeese goes into this fuck it cycle. But it's interesting how the very last part revealed Jesse might actually go against Walt for reals. But probably not, might not be that simple.
http://choinheap.tumblr.com/
  • I gots a lego!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
did you see episode 11 yet because

god damn
www.jmickle.com
  • I gots a lego!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
it's all fucking building up and not stopping
www.jmickle.com
Yeah just now holy shit.

They somehow made DVDs on a flatscreen tv feel retro.
  • PEW PEW PEW
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
glad that's over
Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 02:21:02 am by barret's esophagus
well i liked the ending
  • Scanner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
So did I. I was worried the ending would tear Breaking Bad away from being basically the best TV show ever made because TV shows usually have dumb endings but this one worked.
  • Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Thank god it didn't end like Dexter.

I liked the ending too. My one complaint is it really played it on the safe side and basically gave everyone (the viewers) what they wanted in a fairly predictable fashion. Part of me wishes they had gone really dark with it and given every character a Bad Ending.
Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 11:57:04 pm by Belross
0-------0
|Belross|
0-------0
Yeah I kind of wish they made the machine gun thing more subtle. On the flipside I was thinking the plan was going to fuck up like any other plan and the showdown between Walt and Jack would be more complicated and a struggle. The part where Walt tackles Jesse would have paid off more if we didn't even know about the machine gun mechanism. But maybe that's just me thinking in action movie cliches, I guess it's kind of weird because it's a bit of a surprise it worked out well. The ricin I felt was kind of overused at this point and I pretty much called it on the Lydia thing but w/e. the ricin not working on tuco, but then working in a really backstabby but not actually using the ricin was kind of clever, but then it's used for like a 4th time and works as intended, so idk.

I think for a series like this when everything goes to shit the ending is overall satisfying. Just felt the setup was a little too obvious compared to the bear in the pool thing.
  • I gots a lego!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
it was a good ending, but if it were up to me i would have liked to feel a lot more uncomfortable. almost too satisfying....
www.jmickle.com
  • Scanner
Obvious spoilery post (as one would assume at this point)

IDK if I agree that it would have been better being a 'bad end'. Those tend to come off as extreme, either nihilistic or preachy, in stories like this. I'd argue its satisfactorily bittersweet though. Its an ending that caters towards those that care about the characters and plot than morality or message.

Really, its a very conclusive ending overall. Though really it still sort of leaves you wondering what happens to those surviving. Jesse in particular is a broken person at this point and is far from done with the ordeal. I'd like to know what he decides to do after driving away in the El Camino. He's broke, the police are likely looking for him, he has no real family to support him, and his 'girlfriend' is dead and he has no way to care for the kid and arguably shouldn't try (though IDK if he would want to at this point since the kid would just remind him of his loss). If he were to hang out with his friends he'd likely end up using again (hell, that's fairly likely regardless).

He'll either start a new life as a miserable lonely fugitive like Walt was, turn himself in and go to prison (variable on how long), kill himself eventually (suicide), or kill himself (with drugs).

Like, I can't foresee a happy ending for him. Leaving his fate ambiguous is torture-some. The neo-nazi's killing his girlfriend was the last straw really at any chance of him living a semi-decent life in my view.
  • Administrator
Just marathoned this over the week. And I would say it's one hell of a ride. I agree with the opinions on the almost "fan service"-ey ending but I'm not sure if I wanted a more extreme alternative, that would've haunted me for weeks.