Games adventurchat (Read 1032 times)

• Worthless Protoplasm
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
i haven't played myst in at least a decade (and i was pretty young so it seemed strange anyway) but to that end the whole thing seems even more disconnected and surreal. the little bit i remember it felt like a series of postcards or photos loosely connected by general monuments and landmarks. i always think of noir films or something where there is a series of photos that illustrate the mystery to be solved- slowly uncovering facts and characters portrayed gives new meaning to the whole story. it begins to form connections between images and so on. however in the case of myst-like games it is done literally where they are actually directly connected rooms or areas.

i think that would be a neat concept for a game like that though. you have a stack of images at the beginning of the game and those are the only clues to solve the mysteries. as the world develops and things change they are put into new contexts and you have to delve into these details and correlate the ideas between them.

another possibility would be to actually have the whole game be a series of photos that have no obvious connection. you are in a small room that is locked and there is no obvious way out. however you start with a set of tools to examine the photos and uncover details that help you understand what the common traits in certain photos are. somehow this could reveal the pass code. i really have no idea where i'm going with all this but my point is there are a lot of possibilities with the "photo gallery" theme. games have always felt like assisted dreaming in a way and these sort of adventure games give a glimpse into really tiny and abstract sections of their respective worlds through that method.

I thought GOODS   COAT GUN1 said GOAT CUNT initially
http://djsaint-hubert.bandcamp.com/

• Group: Member
Hello! i'm new here! and i'd like to find new friends here. i really like video games!
  • PEW PEW PEW
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
Hello! i'm new here! and i'd like to find new friends here. i really like video games!
fucker gamer scum get stabbed
  • Power to the parsley
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
You're mistaken gamer boy we don't go for that sort of thing here.