• Group: Member
I like it. it's good
  • TV people want to leave
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
me it's great also the marceline comics are great
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • Lichens!
the comics are great and so is the show season 3 - 4 was the best so far.  havent seen much of 5 yet
  • PEW PEW PEW
Longtime Fan Here. I like it. but I don't know what a marceline comic is but it's probably good since marceline is the best character also beemo.

I've got a set of the animation backgrounds rotating as desktop bgs: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/27389192/s.jpg
You used to be able to get them from Fred Seibert's flickr, but he took them down! Hopefully someone backed them up. Unfortunately that probably means no one's going to be releasing bgs from future episodes. I can upload what I have if anyone interested, but it's only about 10% of what was on flickr, and most of em aren't full size.
Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 05:06:37 pm by earlchip
  • clockamite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
i watched a couple of episodes and thought they were kinda weirdly passiveaggressive and obnoxious, like getting a pep talk from a scoutmaster who wants to make sure that you're having fun. is there a cartoon equivalent of just hanging around in the room of someone's creepy older brother and browsing through their collection of Aliens comics instead. i'll watch the ep and if i still don't like it then i won't say anything and will keep thinking the best of everybody but it will probably confirm my belief in the rightness of my glib heterodox opinions on cartoon shows and drive me one step closer to suffocating under a heap of old newspapers when i'm 45. Thanks!!
http://harmonyzone.org
  • clockamite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
people having fun in this topic huh. lemme just.... weigh in a little..
http://harmonyzone.org
  • Fuckin' A.
i shared that post on twitter. i like that feature
  • PEW PEW PEW
i watched a couple of episodes and thought they were kinda weirdly passiveaggressive and obnoxious, like getting a pep talk from a scoutmaster who wants to make sure that you're having fun. is there a cartoon equivalent of just hanging around in the room of someone's creepy older brother and browsing through their collection of Aliens comics instead. i'll watch the ep and if i still don't like it then i won't say anything and will keep thinking the best of everybody but it will probably confirm my belief in the rightness of my glib heterodox opinions on cartoon shows and drive me one step closer to suffocating under a heap of old newspapers when i'm 45. Thanks!!
there are stincker (sp) eps like any cartoon, but at least half the episodes are good ihmh. the one jamie posted isn't the best ep but its a solid ep.

edit: Five More Short Graybles is probably the best standalone episode, nad the most representative of the attitude & intended audience
Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 07:17:19 am by earlchip
  • Lichens!
I'd say that the later seasons are better because they are much more quirky without simply being for the sake of novelty.  They do a great job of combining adult and children's humor; keeping your inner child alive with some adult themes that are designed to make you slightly uncomfortable with the fact that most people watching the show on television don't get it.  Also there are fantastic side characters: eg Peppermint Butler and BMO, not to mention fantastic guest voices (George Takei, etc)
  • now das fresh
I'm a fan of the show, I would say to people "I like Adventure Time". but I actually haven't watched anything after season 1. Evicted is still my favorite episode, I also like the one where ponycorn gets a voice or something. That one is good.

AT is a great show though, I'm glad it exists.
yes coulombs are "germaine", did you learn that word at talk like a dick school?
  • PEW PEW PEW
not to mention fantastic guest voices (George Takei, etc)
Emo Philips as the five short graybles storyteller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I fucking love it and yeah the comics are awesome too. Disappointing that the Marceline comics were only 6 issues but OH WELL. Pretty sure the first TPB of the Finn and Jake comics is out, might get that.

Aw man I love Adventure Time. There is something fantastic about it.
  • TV people want to leave
yeah i think adventure time gets a lot better after the first season, the first season is still a little too deep in the ~*~look how quirky this show is~*~ thing or somethin, but then it evens out into a really solid show
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • PEW PEW PEW
I remember liking the first season (excluding the pilot) a lot even though they weren't really sure where they were going with it. About 3-4 1st season eps are in my favs.

And there definitely are not-so-good episodes in seasons 2-4 too! season 2 was probably the best. season 4 was a blur
  • Lichens!
if anyone wants any eps from season 1-4 i have them all

the best episodes involve LSP
Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 04:47:05 pm by ATARI
  • Fuzzball of Doom!!!11one
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
i LOVE Adventure Time! :> there are so many great characters. Finn and Jake are both so GENUINE, and their friendship is awesome to watch. and the whole surreal post-apocalyptic universe of the show is just enthralling to me. and one thing that's great about it all is that the humor isn't offensive or juvenile, and a lot of horrible but all-too-common conventions and tropes are avoided-- for example, there are a lot of really cool/smart/developed female characters.

my favorite character is BMO :3 they are just sooo cute and imaginative, hehe. i really liked the episode "BMO Noire". oh, and i also have a huge appreciation for the character of B-MO partially because they are canonically agender-- which makes sense, because they're a robot/machine. but it's just cool that there is a character on a popular show who is referred to in-universe with both masculine and feminine pronouns-- for example, Princess Bubblegum uses "she" for BMO while Jake uses "he", etc... the show plays around with gender quite a bit through BMO! it's a subtle thing, but i think it's interesting. i highly recommend reading the section about BMO's gender on this wiki page: http://adventuretime.wikia.com/wiki/BMO
semper games.
  • Lichens!
wildberry princess is the best feminist

just nyucking you.  seriously though ,you're right.  this show has a lot of really good developed characters that are not just poor renditions of children's cartoon caricitures, male, female and non-traditionally gendered included.
that being said though, the whole stink over the lesbian implications of pee-bibs and marcelline was an absolute stink hole.  get over it moms.
Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 09:34:31 pm by ATARI
  • PEW PEW PEW
it wasn't even lesbian implications tho. like fans of that sort of thing had something they could intepret as subtext, but other than that it was just like, friendship between lady cartoon characters that wasn't giggly. and I don't think the reaction was really that big, just absurd

edit: oh yeah, I guess the complaints were about a recap that hinted at it - but those recaps are independent so
Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 10:08:43 pm by earlchip
  • Fuzzball of Doom!!!11one
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
*coughs* ahem, let it be known that i, personally, ""'ship"" Princess Bubblegum X Marceline..... <3
semper games.