Hype 4h left!! new Planescape in Kickstarter!! FRACK!!! (Read 135 times)

• Kaiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/torment-tides-of-numenera

Here is the full list of people gettin' on dis w/ descriptions of what they did in previous games!! http://tormentrpg.tumblr.com/teambios

here's some names: 

Chris Avellone (planescape: torment (mostly wrote it, now a smaller role in this game plus gives C&C to other team), kotor 2, fallout 2, alpha protocol etc etc)
Pat Rothfuss (fantasy author)
Georg Ziets (NWN2: Mask of Betrayer)
Monte Cook (Numenera-setting actual author, writes for this game as well)
Tony Evans (Kotor 2, NWN2 plus all expansions, Alpha Protocol)
Mur Lafferty (fantasy author)
Brian Mitsoda (Vampire: The Masquerade)
Colin McComb (Planescape: torment, lesser role in Fallout 2)
they also got a professional writer to review all the stuff but i can't find the name atm

Brian Fargo (founder of Interplay, workin’ also on WL2)
Kevin Saunders (?! sorry kevin)
Mark Morgan (Planescape, Fallout music)
argh cant remember from top of my head (names) but original illustrator of Torment plus original scripter of torment…

just putting this out just to marvelling at the size of balls (most stretchgoals announced: hiring new writers or designers ahhahah) of these guys. maybe Hundley is excited, who knows?? 
Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 08:04:06 pm by bonzi_buddy
  • professional disappointment
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
i've never even played the first one, so i skipped this one.

inxile has enough of my money atm, and it's not like they need my help. waiting to see if they can pull this off before funding more of their stuff.
  • I know your secrets
  • PipPipPipPipPip
monte cook's opinions about games design http://www.wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4ll/20120123

summary: this guy... i do not trust him. i have no idea what any of this is other than monte cook is an idiot. sorry. hopefully it's good anyways.
  • Kaiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

i've never even played the first one, so i skipped this one.

inxile has enough of my money atm, and it's not like they need my help. waiting to see if they can pull this off before funding more of their stuff.

whoa i have a memory you wrote about playing planescape?? amazing... we may never get to know...
and yeah that's pr reasonable/a lot of people has been saying that since they're pr much setting up their legacy with these two games (like on what par they're games are) but the practical reason for this kickstarter to occur this soon after WL2 is that they don't want their designers sit idly now that their job is finished with WL2. we'll see what comes out of this! on sidenote, im not too excited of mark morgan doin' the same ole stuff with music on this but Oh Well