Games Torchlight for free (Read 143 times)

• It's Me, Picasso
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
I was recently on the Dosbox site and they noted that from today until the end of the 20th a game called Torchlight is available for free on GOG.com. After reveiwing some information and discovering Torchlight is a FATE-like game, I decided to make na account and grab it. I thought you might want to check it out.
Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 03:37:21 pm by Terrorantula
Everyone has the right to be himself; wise men know how to,when, and whether to navigate the boundary between their rights and those of others when they collide.
  • now das fresh
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
It's still free for another day!!

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/torchlight

www.gog.com/gamecard/torchlightI think this game is totally worth playing for free. It's a very "simple" and streamlined diablo clone. It's quite fun but of course extremely repetitive and kinda easy. Easy in terms of, you will always have so many health potions (you will end up selling 90% of what you find, because keeping like 4-5 full stacks of the best health potion is super easy to do) that no matter what a "boss" or whatever is throwing at you, you can just heal through it no problems.

Also, when I fought the last boss, it was so insantely dumb that I literally used 200 health potions and completely ran out. But when you die, the boss' life doesn't reset. So I would basically run in, nuke with everything I had until I died, respawn and run back in. It took like 15 minutes of this shit. So I wouldn't say it's a game you gotta play to the end or anything. It's fun enough to play for an hour or less at a time. There's also a secondary "cavern" that just goes on forever, and things will scale for a long time.

Only single-player though :\
Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 04:54:10 am by goldenratio
yes coulombs are "germaine", did you learn that word at talk like a dick school?
  • Lichens!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
This game is only mildly interesting at best.  It plays a bit more like diablo 3 should have been with worse graphics and pretty much no story to speak of.  character classes are no good, and not a lot of variety.  Its a bit more fun with multiplayer, but going through the single-player portion through the game is not much fun really in my opinion.  torchlight 2 was better.  still worth it for free i suppose.