Hello No Country For Old Men (Read 621 times)

• Avatar of `~congresman Ron paul~~
  • Legio Morbidius
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
Has anyone seen this movie? It's genuinely one of the best new films I've seen in years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Country_for_Old_Men_%28film%29

The Coen brothers really break some new film territory, at least as far as semi-mainstream cinema goes. I really don't think I've seen a movie that did the same things that No Country did - it's hard to talk about without massive spoilers and this is a movie that would be absolutely ruined if you knew the ending.

It's really a thinker - me and the people who saw it talked about it for hours afterwards. I'd be surprised if this wasn't an Oscar winner.

That’s right, you have the young gaming with the old(er), white people gaming with black people, men and women, Asian countries gaming with the EU, North Americans gaming with South Americans. Much like world sporting events like the Wolrd Cup, or the Olympics will bring together different nations in friendly competition, (note the recent Asian Cup; Iraq vs. Saudi Arabia, no violence there) we come together. The differences being, we are not divided by our nationalities and we do it 24-7, and on a personal level.

We are a community without borders and without colours, the spirit and diversity of the gaming community is one that should be looked up to, a spirit and diversity other groups should strive toward.
  • -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
I want to see it but the closest theater that is playing it is 49.9 miles away according to googlemaps.
  • THE FAT ONE
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I saw a single commercial preview and knew that I had to watch it regardless of the fact that I've never seen a single Coen brothers movie or and I know absolutely nothing about the film. 
  • Five foot ace of clubs?!?!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
Yeah, I actually saw this movie last weekend. It is a good movie, especially for one that that I hadn't heard of prior to the day I saw it. Also, just as a forewarning, if you like bad endings then you will like this movie for sure. It just sort of ends abruptly, but that shouldn't stop you since it is otherwise a good film.
  • Will you walk the realms of Chaos with me?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
This film is an amazing movie, definately a really bright star amongst a ton of dimmed ones.
  • more cowbell!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Wow. This flew under my radar. I'll have to go see this.
http://www.fallingbot.com/
  • brown priyde yea mayne
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
This isn't playing in my area, either.  When I heard it was by the guys responsible for The Big Lebowski, I really wanted to see it.  Looks intriguing.
keep posting...
  • ruined former youth seeking atonement
YES. I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS ONE. EXCEPTIONALLY SO. One might say.
  • Lichens!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I am going to see this tonight. :)

edit: came back.  Best movie that I've seen all year probably
Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 02:20:24 am by Federal Inspector Matthew Douglas Baker
  • Moses
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
I think it was a pretty good movie; the villain was really interesting and the main character was cool too... But
  • Genius
This movie was great! The cinematography was really well done with the vast desert scenes and I also really liked the film structure. Pretty intuitive. But the antagonist really took the cake. He was really freaky and made every scene tense. This is the best movie of the year for me. 

Cheesy, this is how I interpreted the movie:
Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 05:26:33 am by Zohaib

Grave Spirit was released on July 11, 2006.
Click the banner for download.
View original release thread here
  • Worthless Protoplasm
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I kind of thought that
Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 06:12:42 am by Ragnar
http://djsaint-hubert.bandcamp.com/

• "I'd love to, but I have no penis."
I love the way that

Was this a limited release or something? I certainly don't remember reading that it was, but it certainly seems it that way. I'd intended to see the film over break, but it looks like I might have to wait until next month to see it at the theater near campus. Maybe I should use the time to read McCarthy's novel?

It's good to have the Coen Brothers around again.

There is no longer room for absolute originality in the field of [art], especially given that our generation was brought up on mass-produced [art]. All stories and techniques inevitably bring with them a sense of déjà vu. The only avenue of expression left open to us is to produce a collage-like effect based on a sampling of existing works.
-Hideki Anno
  • HEEEEERRRREEE'S JOHNNY!!
This is nominated for a bunch of awards all over the place, especially Javier Bardem. I want to see it just for Javier Bardem...
Me and Tom Under the Boardwalk ... there is so much fun to have under the boardwalk
  • ブラウンの人
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I loved 90% of the movie. It was amazing.

then the 10% came....
  • Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
This won Best Picture from Critics Choice Awards, so that's nice.
sorrow is the key that gets our tears out of eye jail.
Yeah, it also won Best Director for the Coens and Supporting Actor for Javier Bardem.
Me and Tom Under the Boardwalk ... there is so much fun to have under the boardwalk
  • Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
(Off topic)
I was kind of annoyed by all the Hairspray awards, but then again I'm biased against musicals anyway :P

And I'm sad Atonement didn't win anything
sorrow is the key that gets our tears out of eye jail.
This is an annoying awards season. I hope the WGA gives a waiver to the Oscars like they did the BFCA.

Daniel Day-Lewis, Julie Christie, Javier Bardem and Amy Ryan are all going to win at the Oscars because those four have won all those other small awards. You never can tell, though.

DDL is good but he already has one and I'd like to see someone like Ryan Gosling win or something.
Julie Christie's performance was inferior to Cotillard's.
Bardem deserves his.
Amy Ryan should lose to Cate Blanchett in "I'm Not There" (but probably won't).

Coens will win Director. And No Country would probably win Best Picture. If not that, then Atonement.
  • more cowbell!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
This movie was absolutely incredible. Loved every second of it. I was kinda taken back when the movie ended, but after thinking about it for a while, the ending was perfect. Nothing wasn't resolved. Man. I must buy this the second it comes out on DVD. Fantastic movie.
http://www.fallingbot.com/