Art - Real media I'm Not There.. (Read 788 times)

• The Dude With The Gun Glasses
  • Pip
  • Group: Premium Member

I'm Not There is a biographical film reflecting the life of musician Bob Dylan. It depicts the iconic singer-songwriter through seven distinct stages of his life by using six different actors (Marcus Carl Franklin, Ben Whishaw, Heath Ledger, Christian Bale, Richard Gere, and Cate Blanchett).[1] It was co-written and directed by Todd Haynes and also features David Cross, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Julianne Moore, Michelle Williams, and Richie Havens.

The film has received much press for telling its story using non-traditional techniques, similar to the poetic narrative style of Dylan's songwriting. "The film is going to be inspired by Dylan's music and his ability to re-create and re-imagine himself time and time again," according to key producer, Christine Vachon. It was rated R by the Motion Picture Association of America for language, some sexuality and drug use.

I'm just gonna have to say this has all my favourite actors, mainly Ledger and Bale and...wow..Blanchett as a guy. It was bound to happen.   :fogetmmh:

So this was set as limited release in the states, set to be released in Australia on boxing day and well, as a Dylan fan, what do you yanks who've seen it think about this movie as a whole? I'm quite interested in some comments on this one.
  • I command you to tell us...
  • PipPip
I really would like to see this. I read the Rolling Stone review on it and they say Blanchett acts the shit out of this thing. A real Oscar performance, I guess. Christian Bale being in it is awesome, too. I dunno, it doesn't sound quite like my type of movie, but I really have this hankering to see it.

parents don't love me (litterally they told me)
  • thx ds k?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
This looks fantastic if they can pull it off.
  • Captalist pig :|
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Cate Blanchett as Bob Dylan? lol what?

Why are they using more than one actor to play the role of Dylan?
  • The sun sets forever over Blackwater park
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
When is it out/is it/is it going to be a nationwide release?
  • :O~
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I've been looking forward to this. It has a huge load of potential.
youtube.com/teamhibbert
  • Mystery Solving Musician
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
I was confused when I first watched the trailer, but I've become very interested in the film.