Microsoft (The Lost & the Damned!)Grand Theft Auto IV Thread! (Read 16415 times)

• Paranoid Android.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
I have still not played this darn game (don't even own PS3 or 360). I'd like to, though! This thread has made me want to play GTA:SA again anyway. Mike Toreno was the best character ever.
  • Avatar of `~congresman Ron paul~~
  • Legio Morbidius
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I am getting this either tonight or this weekend (depending on how much of my moving is finished) along with a 360 and I am really excited.

That’s right, you have the young gaming with the old(er), white people gaming with black people, men and women, Asian countries gaming with the EU, North Americans gaming with South Americans. Much like world sporting events like the Wolrd Cup, or the Olympics will bring together different nations in friendly competition, (note the recent Asian Cup; Iraq vs. Saudi Arabia, no violence there) we come together. The differences being, we are not divided by our nationalities and we do it 24-7, and on a personal level.

We are a community without borders and without colours, the spirit and diversity of the gaming community is one that should be looked up to, a spirit and diversity other groups should strive toward.
  • Contender
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Holy Shit this cracked me up! Some writer at Kotaku decided to see if he could drive properly in this game better then when you drive drunk in the actual game, funny shit.

• Contender
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
The Lost & the Damned has been released, anyone try it out yet?

Also something weird happened when I updated my GTAIV this morning. Well I live in New Zealand and because of Australia's pathetic game rating system we got the censored version along with Australia. Since that happened some guy decided it was wrong and has the rights to sell the uncut version in New Zealand which is where  I bought mine. Anyways me having the uncut version went to update seeing as TL&TD came out but once I had updated I go back in to play it and everything was censored. No hookers, blood pools/stains, nothing.

I'm just wondering now if I  have to download like an American update for the game to keep my uncut version and play TL&TD.
Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 09:19:39 pm by Tau

• What, me worry?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Fucking Sony bullshit playstation3  goddamit
  • Worthless Protoplasm
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
lol this has an aphex twin song in it

no I mean really it's pretty cool because it's like one of his songs most people wouldn't know and not just III WILL EAT YOUR SOUUULLL

although I still think Donkey Rhubarb would work really well with GTA
http://djsaint-hubert.bandcamp.com/

• junker
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Fuck this. Fuck DLC. 360 exclusive piece of junk.

I want it on PC.
  • I fear and I tremble
HUEAH EUAHEREHAUDHE

what is the lost and damned I might re rent this if its good
DEUCE: MEETING THE URINE UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL AND REALIZING IT'S JUST LIKE ME AND MY PREJUDICES  THIS WHOLE TIME WERE COMPLETELY FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF PTTTTHTHTHH GOD IT'S EVERYWHERE<br />DEUCE: FUCK THIS TASTES LIKE PISS<br />PANTS: WHERE IT SHOULD TASTE LIKE COTTON CANDY OR PICKLES<br />DEUCE: OR AT LEAST LIKE URINE NOT PISS
  • Developer of "Eternal Conflict" Series
  • PipPipPipPipPip
I almost beat GTA4...  If it wasn't for the last mission to

Everytime I manage to get to the helicopter, I instantly fail.  I hit the trigger to get a little altitude, and then begin chasing him and the message pops up "Your vehicle has been destroyed" (or whatever it says), but im still flying around fine.

Happened the last 3 or 4 times too.  First time I chased him to where he leaves the boat, but seconds before the cutscene I get hit by a rocket and die.
  • Contender
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Yeah that last mission is a bitch.

Also it seems Rockstar made a huge fuck up and gave New Zealand & Europe the censored patch for TL&TD and Australia the uncut one by accident.. So I basically can't play this til that fix it or I'll be censored forever.
Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 09:32:08 pm by Tau

• Insane teacher
THERE IS A DIGITAL PENIS IN THIS GAME'S DLC

SOMEONE POST THE PICTURE.
brian chemicals
  • The Lunatic Is On The Grass.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
the ballsack kept clipping through his legs.

im loving the DLC (and cock) though, good money spent, i think.
  • Protect ya' neck.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
This game got annoying when I kept repeatedly failing a mission and had to keep retrying. Once you spawn, you still have to drive to the location and the ammo you used in the previous attempt carries over. Not much of a "retry" if things like ammo aren't rolled back.

I'm on the mission where you have to kill Faustin's daughter's biker boyfriend and chase him down on a bike (which handles like shit) while he effortlessly weaves in and out of traffic at full speed, he's a hard target to hit and the XBOX controller has such a shitty analog stick. Blaaaah.
  • junker
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
This game got annoying when I kept repeatedly failing a mission and had to keep retrying. Once you spawn, you still have to drive to the location and the ammo you used in the previous attempt carries over. Not much of a "retry" if things like ammo aren't rolled back.

I'm on the mission where you have to kill Faustin's daughter's biker boyfriend and chase him down on a bike (which handles like shit) while he effortlessly weaves in and out of traffic at full speed, he's a hard target to hit and the XBOX controller has such a shitty analog stick. Blaaaah.

idk if i'm just a pro *flex muscle* but I found the game to be pretty easy after like the 5 first missions, only getting rough when I was always running guns blazing in the gun intense missions.

Also, you DON'T, per-se, have to drive to your missions all the time. Money (unfortunately) means almost nothing in this game, so just hail a cab (there are a billion) or call one on your phone, choose the mission marker and press A.

Warp magic!

But yeah, I don't see why so many people had trouble with the handling. And the aiming.
  • Contender
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Nah yeah you get used to it after a while. But for the mission your talking about just follow him until he gets to a park because it's a bitch to get him before hand. He'll have an ambush of Lost guys their with shotguns but it's not that hard to take care of them. The bikes have been fixed a lot in TLATD but they didn't carry that over to the original game sadly.

• Protect ya' neck.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
I realized I didn't have to kill him while he was on his bike, so I just chased him to the park and it was pretty easy. I was just trying to focus on shooting him and dodging traffic at the same time and I couldn't do it - he wouldn't die and he was just weaving too much to be hit (without locking on).

Anyway, I still get annoyed at failing a mission and having to drive to the location again. I tried calling a cab, but then you have to wait for it to arrive and sometimes Roman doesn't have one available to use. I think I had to wait through some talking before I could press A. I don't see why R* didn't make checkpoints at the start of missions, or why used ammo carries over...sometimes I'll fail near the end of a mission and have no ammo to use for the next attempt, which means I have to load and then travel to the first location, then the next, etc. Just very annoying for some missions which can be failed easily if you don't know what you're doing.
  • junker
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I realized I didn't have to kill him while he was on his bike, so I just chased him to the park and it was pretty easy. I was just trying to focus on shooting him and dodging traffic at the same time and I couldn't do it - he wouldn't die and he was just weaving too much to be hit (without locking on).

Anyway, I still get annoyed at failing a mission and having to drive to the location again. I tried calling a cab, but then you have to wait for it to arrive and sometimes Roman doesn't have one available to use. I think I had to wait through some talking before I could press A. I don't see why R* didn't make checkpoints at the start of missions, or why used ammo carries over...sometimes I'll fail near the end of a mission and have no ammo to use for the next attempt, which means I have to load and then travel to the first location, then the next, etc. Just very annoying for some missions which can be failed easily if you don't know what you're doing.

You don't have to wait to press A after choosing your destination, and anyway, you shouldn't have to call one most of the time. There are alot of cabs going around, and you're bound to almost always have one coming up from a corner after a loading screen/cutscene/whatever

....And anyway.... when you fail a mission... you get a text message giving you a choice to redo it, warping you right back to the mission start. Why didn't you ever do that?

It's true however there should've been checkpoints for certain missions. Like the final one.
  • ?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I am really enjoying the Lost and Damned so far! The biggest complaint I've seen so far has been the BAD CHARACTERS, but jesus christ they are a lot more bearable than NEEKO, EETS YOUR COUSAHN ROMAHNNNN, LETS SEE SOME TEEETEEEESS and I'm actually finding myself liking main dude Johnny Klebitz more than I expected. The new expansion just feels FRESH, adds life to what was a very boring game when you finished the main campaign. I'm only a few hours in with a lot of fucking around thus far, but me likes!