FPS Enemy Territory : Quake Wars (Read 542 times)

• Avatar of `~congresman Ron paul~~
  • Legio Morbidius
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
I picked up the collector's edition of Quake Wars tonight (same price for free equipment upgrades on first play and extra maps). Would anyone be interested in playing online? Kind of like the GW TF2 League.

I haven't actually had the chance to play it yet but I'll be setting my account up tonight. It seems like a pretty great game from what I've read and has gotten a much better critical reception than BF2142, which I didn't like very much (bugs galore...).

That’s right, you have the young gaming with the old(er), white people gaming with black people, men and women, Asian countries gaming with the EU, North Americans gaming with South Americans. Much like world sporting events like the Wolrd Cup, or the Olympics will bring together different nations in friendly competition, (note the recent Asian Cup; Iraq vs. Saudi Arabia, no violence there) we come together. The differences being, we are not divided by our nationalities and we do it 24-7, and on a personal level.

We are a community without borders and without colours, the spirit and diversity of the gaming community is one that should be looked up to, a spirit and diversity other groups should strive toward.
  • 100% not arab
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I've got it. I've had it since like November but just installed it a few days ago (my video card manufacturer sent it to me out of the blue a few months after I registered my card).

It's OK, I found it generally laggy and like a lot of battlefield style games, I had a tendency to just DIE to some dude across the map with a super weapon or something. The maps and objective based gameplay are interesting though.

I guess after TF2, I am SPOILED on most shooters as TF2 just feels really polished and responsive.
WHY SO SERIOUS HAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA
  • Avatar of `~congresman Ron paul~~
  • Legio Morbidius
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
It's a good game but I feel like it would benefit from playing on a team with people I can coordinate with, most of the games I have played on it so far seem to be very much 'rush the enemy gogogo' which doesn't make the gameplay as fun as it should be. Want to play sometime?

I've really enjoyed some moments while playing though, like on Sewers when the GDF was trying to push into the interior building and the Strogg managed to gradually push us back out halfway to the ditch; there was like a 3 minute struggle for the entrance because the Strogg had fortified the only door out pretty heavily and it felt fairly authentic.

That’s right, you have the young gaming with the old(er), white people gaming with black people, men and women, Asian countries gaming with the EU, North Americans gaming with South Americans. Much like world sporting events like the Wolrd Cup, or the Olympics will bring together different nations in friendly competition, (note the recent Asian Cup; Iraq vs. Saudi Arabia, no violence there) we come together. The differences being, we are not divided by our nationalities and we do it 24-7, and on a personal level.

We are a community without borders and without colours, the spirit and diversity of the gaming community is one that should be looked up to, a spirit and diversity other groups should strive toward.