Topic: Devil May Cry Anime (Read 827 times)

• Potatoes :3
  • PipPip
  • Group: Member
Ok, the first 4 episodes of DMC are in english and are up on youtube. All fans of the game debated that the anime might be lackluster....well they are wrong....sort of.

Story: The anime takes place between DMC1 and 4 where Dante is as usual sitting in his shop in a clusterfuck of dept. He does numerous demon slaying missions through the course of the show such as slaying an abyssal beast known as "Belphegor". Its nice to see what kind of missions Dante does, however some just seem far too easy and combat is somewhat slim, but when it happens expect his adversaries to be pouring fountains and rivers of blood!

Characters:

Dante(image above): The main protagonist. He is one of the two sons of sparda and is only half demon like his brother, Vergil(who as far as i can tell does not appear in the anime). He owns a demon slaying buisness known as "Devil May Cry" but is in extreme dept to many people. He is in charge of taking care of a bitchy girl named "Patty Lowell"(get to her later). His attitude is somewhat more pissed off and tired, however he does pull of some jokes in front of the demons which doesn't entirely make him just like himself in DMC2. Some of his jokes are corny like when this big demon grabs him in episode 3 he says "Thats quite a handshake you got there" while pointing his gun at the beast's pulse. His weapons are the same as in DMC3, his sword rebellion and his 2 handguns named ebony and ivory. Thankfully his voice is Reuben Langdon, the man behind his voice in DMC 3 and 4 and unlike most animes, his voice acting is acually good and for the most part faithful to the game.

Lady : Another demon hunter who made her appearence in episode 2: Highway Star. Dante is constantly in dept to her and finds dantes attitude most of the time unbearable. She is happy most of the time but is easily annoyed however. She weilds many handguns and a big ass rocket launcher that functions like a "Nakita Missile"(remote controlled missile) in metal gear as she can control it. Her voice is played by Melissa Davis, another returning voice actor from DMC 3 and 4.

Trish : Dante's former partner in demon slaying. She appears in the episode 4: Rolling Thunder. Her attitude in the anime is a bit more naggy and commanding when talking to dante. For example, she says to dante in ep.4 "Remember what I said about eating too much pizza? Its bad for you!". He nagging just means she cares for him, but it is not like her too much. She is voiced by Luci Christan, who has not voiced for her in any of the games. I personally like this voice better than the game's (especially DMC4).

Patty Lowell : A young girl who Dante met after she supposedly came into a large inheritance. This turned out to be a sham, and she has since been spending a lot of time with Dante, whether he likes it or not. She appeared in episode 1: Devil May Cry and has been hanging around with Dante ever since due to the fact that she has no more home. She is probably the most annoying character in the series and I question why she is even there, she is a huge bratty bitch who does nothing but complain. Her voice actor is Hilary Hagg, her voice is worse than tails's 4kids voice in sonic x.

Morrison : Dante's Tight Fisted liaison. He finds Dante jobs and sometimes helps out with repairs around the office. He is always pissed off at dante due to the fact that he is in major dept. As far as i know, he only appears in the anime and is voiced by Rob Mungle who fits his character quite nicely.

Sid : A weak demon grunt who appears in episode 1: Devil May Cry. He is easily defeated but research tells me that he later becomes a much bigger antagonist than i expected. More info will be had as soon as i watch more english episodes. His voice actor is Chris Ayres who does a bit of a sloppy job at it mostly.

English Episode List:
1: Devil May Cry
2: Highway Star
3: Not Love
4: Rolling thunder

more updates will come when the next 4 episodes release this april.

Dont eat my tater chipz or u will be sowwy! =D
  • Mystery Solving Musician
  • PipPipPipPip
This topic would fit a lot more in the comics & anime forum.
  • kaworu*Sigh*Isnt he the cutest person ever
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
and here it is by magic!
This appears to just be some boring money-grabbing tie-in series. Which is somewhat funny as DMC's only real grab is KILL SHIT, so I can't really see how it'd pan out as a series. Seems to me like Blood the last vampire but on a lesser budget.
  • PipPip
like i said, its not as deep as the games but if you like DMC, this little anime series will please those who like the game :)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Its out in English you say? Gotta catch em all :gwa:
  • PipPip
Its out in English you say? Gotta catch em all :gwa:

dont worry, they did not screw the dubbing up. Patty's voice was fucked up however XD
  • Insane teacher
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I loved the games and this anime was shit. its just boring bullshit and doesn't have any of that hilarious b movie shit.
brian chemicals
  • Mysterious Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
I saw the anime way back in japanese. It's a decent series. It's well drawn with some neat music but most episodes are the same except for the last three. My favorite episode is the poker one. Not much action but it was pretty cool overall.

The interesting thing with this anime is to see that Dante does some rather bland jobs whenever he's not out saving the world.
Ock ock, Ack ack!
Beware of the cursed monkey spit!
  • One who desires power..
  • PipPipPip
This had to come some day :fogetlaugh:​.
DMC anime is cool but patty's voice actore Suckes!
  • PipPip
This had to come some day :fogetlaugh:​.
DMC anime is cool but patty's voice actore Suckes!

Not all of them are bad. Lady and Dante's voice are still the same voice actors from DMC3 and 4, they do a considerably well job :)
  • junker
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I liked this anime. It was sorta decent. It's not amazing, but this is the only DMC related thing whose story isn't blatantly retarded. Though, I didn't play DMC4..

Some nice action scenes, but some could've been developed MUCH MORE. Feels like DMC2. Too much gun, not enough sword. ;d

• Samurai Kid
  • Pip
This is a decent series. My one gripe with it is that it lacks the insane 50-hit stylish combo action that is practically expected in the games.

Also yeah the little girl is useless.
FIVE HUNDRED TIMES FASTER THAN MIKE TYSON
  • PipPip
Also yeah the little girl is useless.

Its never a bad thing adding new characters(Look at Nero!) but the girl just has no reason for being there. I will say this again, all she ever does is complain and act like a bitch.
  • MAZIIIIIN GO!! PILEDER ON!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
I watched one episode and hated it.

if you're a vegan you support baby killers
  • If this Disturbs you, then walk away...
  • PipPipPip
Meh...its ok. Reminds me too much of DMC2 :(