Nintendo Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (Read 4351 times)

• Potatoes :3
  • PipPip
  • Group: Member
2 years ago, Konami released "Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin". While the game was well regarded by chritics, the fans shunned it due to its non-memorable characters(dracula in a beach shirt :P) and its crappy diologue. Not to mention that Jonathan was like his father, a belmont wannabe. However, Jonny's father was acually cool while this young guy was a whiny emo kid. This game made us wonder, why can't Konami release another CV game as big as Symphony of the Night? Will there be any more CV outings on the DS? Will they lose the crappy anime art style(not that i hated Dawn of Sorrows, Portrait of Ruin's was just bad and didn't fit the atmosphere). All our questions will possibly be answered in the upcoming Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia!
Screenshots:

Old style CV character art=greatness

I don't know what it is, but the environments seem to bring some graphical flare.

The bosses for the most part will be brand new. I like this one, it reminds me of the last boss from "Super C". I love nastolgia!  

Item crashes return in this installment. Its not everyday you see a character weilding a screen-filling sword in CV!

Story: This game will take place a couple of years after the events of SotN. The Belmonts have temporaroly dissapeared and Dracula has returned to unleash hell upon the world. A rebel group called "The Order Of Ecclesia" steps up to defeat the count using one of their most powerful weapons. A vampire hunter named Shanoa is that weapon, and she must travel all around transilvania to stop the count once and for all.  

Features:
-World Map system that can take you to over 20 locales in transilvania, much like Simon's Quest but with more depth. Konami also boasts that the game will be as big as SotN, I wonder if they can pull that off!
-Old and new enemies will appear.
-The new "Glyph" system allows Shanoa to use magical items called "Glyphs" and transform them into weapons to be used in either her left hand or right hand bringing back the dual weapon system from SotN.
-All new bosses in the game, bigger than ever before(so konami claims).  
-Awesome soundtrack.
-No more anime style characters!
-3rd time in castlevania history that a female is a main protagonist.
-Wi-fi will be used with online shops and an entirely new feature too. The new feature is the ability to do combat with others, much like a death match.

Its odvious that Konami is really putting their all on this title and it will be released this fall, but i wouldn't be suprised if they delayed it.
Interview with Iga: http://youtube.com/watch?v=YJ2JI203Uxw

Dont eat my tater chipz or u will be sowwy! =D
  • Insane teacher
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
why must all your topics read like the back of a game box combined with a press kit written by a 12 year old.
brian chemicals
  • Its all fairy-ish.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
why must all your topics read like the back of a game box combined with a press kit written by a 12 year old.

Why must all of your posts make you seem like you hate absolutely everything?

Anyway, this looks kind of cool, I guess. I've been meaning to get a Castlevania game sometime before I go to college and the DS is my favorite console, so! The character sprite looks a little... dull, though? Oh well. If it isn't $4005345 I'll pick it up when it comes out.
  • Wind of Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
If it isn't $4005345 I'll pick it up when it comes out.
:fogetmmh:

I thought the first one for the DS was alright (don't remember what it's called off the top of my head) and I actually really enjoyed Portrait of Ruin. I'll be sure to pick this one up!
  • Insane teacher

yes lets defend darkjak's shitty topics this is truly a good place to take a stand.

seriously what the hell he's not even saying shit that makes sense (awesome soundtrack in a game that isn't out yet, anime styling pretty much still in place, OLD AND NEW ENEMIES).
brian chemicals
  • sea of vodka

Anyway, this looks kind of cool, I guess. I've been meaning to get a Castlevania game sometime before I go to college and the DS is my favorite console, so! The character sprite looks a little... dull, though? Oh well. If it isn't $4005345 I'll pick it up when it comes out.
how does this sound like he hates everything?  he didn't even comment on the game.
  • 100% not arab
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

You know, I've looked for a way to describe his topics for awhile, and this summarizes it pretty well. They all read like an attempt at the COVER STORY in an issue of EGM or something, combined with bizarre spelling mistakes ("chritics"?) and bulletpoint feature lists that read like they were written by a PR guy.

I mean, go nuts man, but your topics just feel very very....SHALLOW.
WHY SO SERIOUS HAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA
  • sea of vodka
nice post rowain i'd give it a 4.8 darkljasks out of ten darksjaks
  • Insane teacher
also assuming you're foreign but there IS a spell check and it's a pretty good one, you should look into it when you're consistently mistyping.
brian chemicals
  • Its all fairy-ish.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
I actually whole-heartedly agree with the comparison, it's just that steel seems waaay more negative than he used to. Maybe I just don't pay enough attention.
  • THE FAT ONE
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Ew, the 3D mixed with 2D does not look good here.  Even the portrait of the character looks like an amateur painted it haphazardly with an airbrush tool.

Anyways, is this classic Castlevania levels or more Metroidvania crap?  I enjoyed Rondo of Blood more than I should have and I don't think I can get back into the flow of another Metroidvania.

I actually whole-heartedly agree with the comparison, it's just that steel seems waaay more negative than he used to. Maybe I just don't pay enough attention.

Actually he promised to be less negative after the Mog/Crumply argument but I don't want to sound like a Palidinian so I'll stop there.
  • Potatoes :3
  • PipPip

why do you insist on fighting me. Its not like I said shit about you, but it looks like you are TRYING to make me.
You know, I've looked for a way to describe his topics for awhile, and this summarizes it pretty well. They all read like an attempt at the COVER STORY in an issue of EGM or something, combined with bizarre spelling mistakes ("chritics"?) and bulletpoint feature lists that read like they were written by a PR guy.

I mean, go nuts man, but your topics just feel very very....SHALLOW.

well at least you care to tell me what is wrong with my topics, for the most part you and #1 dad are the only few mods that don't treat me like shit

as for the rest of you who like to flame me, please stop. I made this topic to discuss about the game, not about my mistakes. Seriously about 80% of my topics are full of assholes who take pleasure in raping my topics by flaming me just because I am different.
Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 12:36:22 am by darkjak951
Dont eat my tater chipz or u will be sowwy! =D
  • MAZIIIIIN GO!! PILEDER ON!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
What is it with you "hardcore" gamers and "dropping the anime style"... You DO realize these games are japanese, right?

Edit: Also, this game still looks like anime... It's probably just a different designer.
Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 12:27:30 am by Lord Kamina

if you're a vegan you support baby killers
  • Comrade!
  • PipPipPipPip
It's less anime than the previous games, which were in such a shitty anime cel style it put me in physical pain. It's a step in the right direction, if nothing else.
  • MAZIIIIIN GO!! PILEDER ON!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
It's less anime than the previous games, which were in such a shitty anime cel style it put me in physical pain. It's a step in the right direction, if nothing else.

No... it's not less anime, it's just a different style of anime. For fuck's sake... That stupid irrational "I HATE ANIME BECAUSE IT'S COOL TO HATE JAPANESE" pose is so hypocritical and retarded it makes me want to grab a UZI and kill you all...

You can say "I didn't like the other designer" but you can't selectively classify things as anime or not based on some criteria you pulled out of your ass.

if you're a vegan you support baby killers
  • if i had ur face for an ass id b ashamed to shit
  • PipPipPipPip
This game looks rad,I'm totally downloa...err I mean buying it when it comes out,I enjoyed all the other Castelvania games on the DS,but the last bosses where always hard..I could never beat the last boss in any Castlevania game ever...
  • Comrade!
  • PipPipPipPip
No... it's not less anime, it's just a different style of anime. For fuck's sake... That stupid irrational "I HATE ANIME BECAUSE IT'S COOL TO HATE JAPANESE" pose is so hypocritical and retarded it makes me want to grab a UZI and kill you all...

You can say "I didn't like the other designer" but you can't selectively classify things as anime or not based on some criteria you pulled out of your ass.

Yeah, because, y'know, the artwork in the previous two games looking like it was straight off an animation cel and the artwork for OoE doesn't HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT AT ALL. So yes, it is less anime than the previous games because IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE AN ANIMATION CEL.

e: I don't like anime because most of it is really not very good at all. I don't like the artwork for Dawn of Sorrow/Portrait of Ruin because it REALLY REALLY UGLY ANIME CEL STYLE.
  • Fuck off!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
You should make trailers for games as well.

Judgind by your topic they'll be pretty similar to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw_34U6Myos
which is definately positive. Don't listen to these BUTCHERS, do your thing!!

Although I am curious exactly how this unreleased game has confirmed AWESOME SOUNDTRACK??
Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 02:17:42 am by Lars
  • Insane teacher
panda suggested he downloaded it in advance but I don't think vg soundtracks work like normal albums so yeah pretty sure in his hurried attempt to imitate EGM darkjak just grabbed a few sentences.
brian chemicals
  • Action RPG Demi-God
  • PipPipPipPip
I've played just about every portable version ever since Circle of the Moon on GBA so I'm certainly not skipping out on Ecclesia.  The anime stayle from Portrait of Ruin and its predecessor were kind of jarring at first, but the game was jawesome all the same so I got over it.  This definitely is something different in that regard but even if it followed that same art direction I'd still have no problem jumping into it.  In any case, is there any word on exactly how the glyph system will work?  I've seen it constantly mentioned in some previews or "eyes on" of the game but never really elaborated upon.

Something though is puzzling based on earlier previews and something Iga alluded to which is in regards to some form of Wii connectivity in the game.  On the one hand I do hope that it means there is a Castlevania on the way for Wii, but wouldn't be surprised if it was an extra sort of thing kind of like how Daigasso Band Bros. 2 will have some speaker application you can transfer to the Wii as a sound output channel or something to that effect.