Nintendo Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (Read 4351 times)

• Potatoes :3
  • PipPip
  • Group: Member
panda suggested he downloaded it in advance but I don't think vg soundtracks work like normal albums so yeah pretty sure in his hurried attempt to imitate EGM darkjak just grabbed a few sentences.

JUST SHUT UP! I DIDN'T TAKE IT FROM THE frackin'!! MAGAZINE, AND I DON'T EVEN READ EGM!!! JUST PLEASE, STOP! Im not foregin either, i am american. I just forgot to spell check. JUST LEAVE ME ALONE GOD frackin'!! DAMMIT!
edit: Oh yeah and another thing, its bad enough I am bullied every day. I get my ASS kicked every few weeks. The last thing I want to hear is someone picking on me online. You are as low as the people who beat on me and make fun of me.
Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 06:14:49 pm by darkjak951
Dont eat my tater chipz or u will be sowwy! =D
  • if i had ur face for an ass id b ashamed to shit
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member

JUST SHUT UP! I DIDN'T TAKE IT FROM THE FUCKING MAGAZINE, AND I DON'T EVEN READ EGM!!! JUST PLEASE, STOP! Im not foregin either, i am american. I just forgot to spell check. JUST LEAVE ME ALONE GOD FUCKING DAMMIT!
edit: Oh yeah and another thing, its bad enough I am bullied every day. I get my ass kicked every few weeks. The last thing I want to hear is someone picking on me online. You are as low as the people who beat on me and make fun of me.

Dude don't let this arrogant asshole make you feel bad,I for one really appreciate all your posts(mostly the ones related to a new rpg release),you cant get rid of people like him so just ignore him mang.
  • By by
  • PipPipPipPip
I'm REALLY looking forward to this. I've been waiting for a Castevania thats like Symphony of the Night... And now it's even better, theres a vampire killing chick as the main character!

To be honest though, the anime style art of the games lately turned me off... A cell-shady anime look just isn't fitting for Castevania. I think Symphony of the Night had the perfect art for a Castlevania game, dark and badass. Thankfully, it seems it's more Symphony of the Night this time around.
  • [Utada Hikaru <3]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
first screen looks like its from some rm2k game.
  • sea of vodka
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

JUST SHUT UP! I DIDN'T TAKE IT FROM THE FUCKING MAGAZINE, AND I DON'T EVEN READ EGM!!! JUST PLEASE, STOP! Im not foregin either, i am american. I just forgot to spell check. JUST LEAVE ME ALONE GOD FUCKING DAMMIT!
edit: Oh yeah and another thing, its bad enough I am bullied every day. I get my ass kicked every few weeks. The last thing I want to hear is someone picking on me online. You are as low as the people who beat on me and make fun of me.
just ignore him, man.  you've got people like otomon and me on your side.  magical negro... he aint nothing but a bully.
  • Fuck off!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
first screen looks like its from some rm2k game.
The first thing I thought when I saw the screen was actually "why is he making a thread about an rm2k fangame in video & computer games?"

The question stands though, is that merely Castlevania having limited display or is it a testament to the true power of rm2k?
  • PipPip
just ignore him, man.  you've got people like otomon and me on your side.  magical negro... he aint nothing but a bully.

Sorry, im just really sensetive :/

As for a trailer? No such luck. There is no trailers to the game, just an interview with Iga. However, if i find one I will post it on the topic :)
  • This sprite was made by my best friend Max: 1985-2004 I'll never forget you man.
  • PipPip
I'm very much looking forward to this, Metroid style games are probably my most loved type of game (is there a name for this genre yet?). Even though the traditional anime art style of DoS and PoR didn't bother me much (I actually like traditional anime art styles more than traditional western art styles) I'm glad they're returning to the um I dunno... gothic anime? Art style of SotN, HoD, LoI, CoD and AoS. It just seems to work better for Castlevania (funny thing is when SotN first came out I hated this art style and I wanted RoB's anime style back). I don't think the art in this game is being done by Ayami Kojima though as it looks different (looks like something between her style and DoS and PoR's style).

Quote from: Kezay
In any case, is there any word on exactly how the glyph system will work?  I've seen it constantly mentioned in some previews or "eyes on" of the game but never really elaborated upon.
Well I've heard that Shanoa (that's the girl's name, not sure if it's been stated here yet) can use a glyph with both her hands and her back. If you use a glyph with either of her hands it becomes a weapon (meaning SotN's dual weapon system is back) and if you use it with her back I assume it's probably used as magic (haven't heard this yet though). Glyphs are obtained from enemies.

Quote from: Kezay
Something though is puzzling based on earlier previews and something Iga alluded to which is in regards to some form of Wii connectivity in the game.  On the one hand I do hope that it means there is a Castlevania on the way for Wii, but wouldn't be surprised if it was an extra sort of thing kind of like how Daigasso Band Bros. 2 will have some speaker application you can transfer to the Wii as a sound output channel or something to that effect.
Well when they signed up the copyrights for this game's name they also signed up for the name "Castlevania: Judgment". Most people are speculating that this will be a new console CV game that focuses on the 1999 incedent (although most people think it has to do with that simply because of the word judgment in the name, even though it'll probably end up named Castlevania: Rhapsody of Judgment or something). I think I heard somewhere once that IGA would consider making a CV game for Wii if he could figure out a way to make whipping with the wii remote less taxing on the arm so you never know.

EDIT: Hmm I just thought about it and a 1999 based CV game would make sense to be the Wii CV game since as far as I know in the current known canon Julius Belmont is the only Belmont not to have a game and unless they plan on making a remake (IGA stated once that he would like to remake CV3) this is the only chance to make a Wii CV game with a character that actually uses the Vampire Killer (unless they use another Morris) which if they made I'm pretty sure would be the main gimick.

EDIT2: I noticed that the mobile phone game was named Castlevania: Order of Shadows. I wonder if this game will have some sorta story continuity from that game since their names are so similar (Order of Shadows and Order of Ecclesia, kinda makes me think of Aria of Sorrow and Dawn of Sorrow).
Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 07:55:55 pm by Leric

Demo Blog
  • PipPip
I'm very much looking forward to this, Metroid style games are probably my most loved type of game (is there a name for this genre yet?). Even though the traditional anime art style of DoS and PoR didn't bother me much (I actually like traditional anime art styles more than traditional western art styles) I'm glad they're returning to the um I dunno... gothic anime? Art style of SotN, HoD, LoI, CoD and AoS. It just seems to work better for Castlevania (funny thing is when SotN first came out I hated this art style and I wanted RoB's anime style back). I don't think the art in this game is being done by Ayami Kojima though as it looks different (looks like something between her style and DoS and PoR's style).
Well I've heard that Shanoa (that's the girl's name, not sure if it's been stated here yet) can use a glyph with both her hands and her back. If you use a glyph with either of her hands it becomes a weapon (meaning SotN's dual weapon system is back) and if you use it with her back I assume it's probably used as magic (haven't heard this yet though). Glyphs are obtained from enemies.
Well when they signed up the copyrights for this game's name they also signed up for the name "Castlevania: Judgment". Most people are speculating that this will be a new console CV game that focuses on the 1999 incedent (although most people think it has to do with that simply because of the word judgment in the name, even though it'll probably end up named Castlevania: Rhapsody of Judgment or something). I think I heard somewhere once that IGA would consider making a CV game for Wii if he could figure out a way to make whipping with the wii remote less taxing on the arm so you never know.

EDIT: Hmm I just thought about it and a 1999 based CV game would make sense to be the Wii CV game since as far as I know in the current known canon Julius Belmont is the only Belmont not to have a game and unless they plan on making a remake (IGA stated once that he would like to remake CV3) this is the only chance to make a Wii CV game with a character that actually uses the Vampire Killer (unless they use another Morris) which if they made I'm pretty sure would be the main gimick.

EDIT2: I noticed that the mobile phone game was named Castlevania: Order of Shadows. I wonder if this game will have some sorta story continuity from that game since their names are so similar (Order of Shadows and Order of Ecclesia, kinda makes me think of Aria of Sorrow and Dawn of Sorrow).
I accepted DoS's more dbz-ish anime style, but PoR's style just started to suck. The gothic style will always topple TVPG anime style.
edit: Oh yea, CV:OoS mobile was not so good. Your better off buying CV:AoS mobile instead if you want to buy ANY mobile CV games.
Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 11:11:10 pm by darkjak951
  • This sprite was made by my best friend Max: 1985-2004 I'll never forget you man.
  • PipPip
edit: Oh yea, CV:OoS mobile was not so good. Your better off buying CV:AoS mobile instead if you want to buy ANY mobile CV games.
I hadn't gotten around to playing it yet but a part of me hoped, being that it's a classic style CV game that it would be good. Deep down though I kinda figured it would suck being that 99% of cellphone games (especially those playable on cellphones outside of Japan) suck.
I have to ask you a question though, do you think it would be better if it were ported to the DS or something? Most cellphone games suck because of the pathetic framerate and controls so I'm wondering if this is the case here or if it's the game itself that's bad.

Demo Blog
  • Nightmare
  • PipPipPip
Glyphs are obtained from enemies.

I think I read in one of the interviews that glyphs are obtained not only from enemies, but from EVERYWHERE. This glyph system is the thing that interests me the most, at the moment. Just think of how many awesome stuff you can get, and how many awesome combinations you can make with those awesome stuff!

This game sounds pretty good, but I'm not going to get my hopes up high too much (like I did with PoR :\).
  • FIFTY FIFTY FIFTY
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
agh, is it gonna be like the soul system from that other castlevania game? that pissed me off so much because it meant i'd never 100% it (fuck no am i going back and forth through screens 600 times to get the low % drop rate souls)
  • PipPip
agh, is it gonna be like the soul system from that other castlevania game? that pissed me off so much because it meant i'd never 100% it (fuck no am i going back and forth through screens 600 times to get the low % drop rate souls)
Its nothing like that "GOTTA CATCH EM ALL" kind of sense, so rest easy
I hadn't gotten around to playing it yet but a part of me hoped, being that it's a classic style CV game that it would be good. Deep down though I kinda figured it would suck being that 99% of cellphone games (especially those playable on cellphones outside of Japan) suck.
I have to ask you a question though, do you think it would be better if it were ported to the DS or something? Most cellphone games suck because of the pathetic framerate and controls so I'm wondering if this is the case here or if it's the game itself that's bad.

First off, OoS's framerate was decent. Secondly, it will not be remade with only 13 enemies and it takes 1 hour to beat. Hell, Aria of Sorrow Mobile was a good port and a better game(despite the frequent yet VERY brief load times) and the frame rate is just right on even some crap phones. So probably no OoS for the DS.
Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 11:45:50 am by darkjak951
  • FIFTY FIFTY FIFTY
Its nothing like that "GOTTA CATCH EM ALL" kind of sense, so rest easy
First off, OoS's framerate was decent. Secondly, it will not be remade with only 13 enemies and it takes 1 hour to beat. Hell, Aria of Sorrow Mobile was a good port and a better game(despite the frequent yet VERY brief load times) and the frame rate is just right on even some crap phones. So probably no OoS for the DS.

..what? how is it not? leric said you get them from enemies, and unless they make them a 100% drop (which they wont because that would also be dumb) it's going to be another KILL THE ENEMY 120 TIMES UNTIL IT DROPS THE GLYPH. thats usually how castlevanias work, its just annoying.

maybe you meant YOU DONT NEED TO COLLECT THEM ALL but a lot of people (ie me) feel like they do.
  • Nightmare
  • PipPipPip
And I said enemies are not the only source.

Also it's really like this in every game that has such collection systems. If you really want to 100% it, then you need to push hard. I haven't seen any collection system (Castlevania and outside it) that isn't hard/repetitive/tedious/boring/tiresome/whatever to get to 100%.
  • i don't like change
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Only a moron would feel obligated to collect shit for a video game. Collecting shit is supposed to be for people who actually enjoy collecting shit.

The only thing making you try and collect everything is you. If you don't like collecting shit, then don't collect shit. It's not the game's fault. It's a fucking game.
  • FIFTY FIFTY FIFTY
Only a moron would feel obligated to collect shit for a video game. Collecting shit is supposed to be for people who actually enjoy collecting shit.

The only thing making you try and collect everything is you. If you don't like collecting shit, then don't collect shit. It's not the game's fault. It's a fucking game.
im going to counter this by saying some people just do collect stuff regardless of if it's fun or not. it's just how they function. there we go i supplied as much ammo as you did!!!!!!!

but really, systems like that are dumb. its nice to be able to 100% a game and then never think about playing it again, and it is a little annoying when you basically can't unless you cheat or invest weeks into it. oh well. thanks for telling me it's a fucking game, tho. i didn't realise.

and the recent castlevanias have really been the worst for this. actually, really, i dont remember any of the collection systems except that one with bright graphics were you collected souls. that stupid buer on that screen where you had to climb up and kept getting hit by blue crows took so damn long to drop his soul.

oh well, this is coming from someone who collects hats in mmos (and irl) and all those bugs and poes and shit in zelda games without even realising it. it's just what happens.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
T-The first screen.... it looks....like rm2k3..... IS THIS RM2K3?

Oh wait, it has IGN watermarks on it.... But DANG... You know quality in commercial games are dropping, when it looks like rm2k3...
  • sea of vodka
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
panda suggested he downloaded it in advance but I don't think vg soundtracks work like normal albums so yeah pretty sure in his hurried attempt to imitate EGM darkjak just grabbed a few sentences.
how is this even a warnable post marcus
  • *peck*
  • PipPipPip
man that sword is fucking huge

I like Castlevania, but I'd rather actually have SotN on the DS than some rm2k3-sequel. On the plus side, it's nice to see a good female-main character that isn't (a) retconned or (b) a shitty witch that can't triple jump.