Nintendo Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (Read 4351 times)

• Nightmare
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
Still, Jester, it's not a fault in the game. If you like collecting it, you like collecting it. Nothing (except yourself) is forcing you to do so.

Anyway, I don't get this stupid OMGLOLRM2K3 stuff. This looks more like PoR rather than Rm2k3.
  • [Utada Hikaru <3]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
they're just overexagagrgaateing how the first screen looks like its straigth from some rm2k game, even has that dull and uninventive dialog and all (judging by one sentence/screen alone is a very crediable method to proove that the dialog stays as uninventive consistently throughout the game y/n)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
I never liked castelvania. Any of them. Though I did download and play... what was it... uh... Symphony of the night? I think. I played that for all of 5 minutes. Before I turned it off and its still collecting dust on my HDD D:
  • Comrade!
  • PipPipPipPip
- Shanoa is the main character - first time a female stars

or not.
  • *peck*
  • PipPipPip
^yes but sophia was fucking retconned.

I guess I'm excited about this game (though I may or may not buy it) because it seems to feature a female lead who actually looks like she can do shit. Charlotte in PoR was... a travesty. Goddamn witch cannot triple jump.

A world map and TRAVELING piques my interest, though. All the DS Castlevanias were all set in a gigantic castle the whole time, and it would be a breath of fresh air to GO OUTSIDE AND SLAY MONSTERS.
  • junker
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Hahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

The story sounds so dumb. I guess it's fitting though.
  • Nightmare
  • PipPipPip
I...don't see how it sounds dumb...

I never liked castelvania. Any of them. Though I did download and play... what was it... uh... Symphony of the night? I think. I played that for all of 5 minutes. Before I turned it off and its still collecting dust on my HDD D:

I remember you giving me some really retarded reasons as to why you didn't like it.
  • Mario, Luigi, and their Gay Incestual Stories!
  • PipPip
This looks awesome.  It sounds like the gameplay/ideas are somewhere between Simon's Quest/Symphony of the Night/Aria of Sorrow.  The world map and WiFi sound very cool.  Definitely looking forward to it.

--Terin
  • Epic Hero
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Nintendo Power Scan

Co-starring Balthier from Final Fantasy XII?

Anyway I like Castlevania games so more of the same with a few extra features and much better art direction (the American children's cartoon style of the last two was maybe not so great) is fine by me.
  • Comrade!
  • PipPipPipPip
Hahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

The story sounds so dumb. I guess it's fitting though.

Yeah, it's a shame because the story should live up to all the great storylines in the series. Who could forget classics like "Dracula is bad, kill him" and "Your best friend is a traitor"?
  • if i had ur face for an ass id b ashamed to shit
  • PipPipPipPip
Yeah, it's a shame because the story should live up to all the great storylines in the series. Who could forget classics like "Dracula is bad, kill him" and "Your best friend is a traitor"?

Or how about "You must collect demon souls to get stronger lolololol"  DEMONS DON'T HAVE SOULS DAMMIT!!
  • junker
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I...don't see how it sounds dumb...

I remember you giving me some really retarded reasons as to why you didn't like it.

What? I'm just guessing but, these three lines should give you a huge hint to how cliche and stupid it is. That's not bad though, I'm not expecting something award breaking here in terms of story. Which is why it's fitting, I guess.

- Character: Barlowe - teaches you tips, helps you early on in the game
- Character: Albus - controls Dominus (Glyph most suited to destroy Dracula)
- Character: Shanoa (main character) - loses her memory and power at game’s start, sets out to find Dominus
  • [Utada Hikaru <3]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
so basically this is like Aria of Sorrow except it has a different set of uninteresting characters and a slightly altered version of the soul shit?
  • Nightmare
  • PipPipPip
so basically this is like Aria of Sorrow except it has a different set of uninteresting characters and a slightly altered version of the soul shit?

You don't really NEED to jump to conclusions like that. We still don't know a lot about the game.

DEMONS DON'T HAVE SOULS DAMMIT!!

Says who?
  • PipPipPipPip
Says who?

The Bible,read it sometime.
  • junker
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
And the bible is truth over a myth such as demons.

Konami has the right to interpret it however they like.
  • PipPipPipPip
And the bible is truth over a myth such as demons.

Konami has the right to interpret it however they like.

Blasphemy!! GET HIM!!!
  • Nightmare
  • PipPipPip
The Bible,read it sometime.

There's also the thing with Legion. In the Bible he's just a man possessed by many demons, while in Cv it's an orgy ball. As LT said, they can interpret it as they like.

So yeah. If everything was to be exactly like the source material, then there would be no room for creativity.
Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 11:41:30 am by Nightmare
  • This sprite was made by my best friend Max: 1985-2004 I'll never forget you man.
  • PipPip
- Returning from previous versions: Leveling-up, dodging (L/R buttons), select button to switch between map and stats, hard difficulty setting, multiple endings, Wi-Fi support
I wonder if that means HoD's dashing back and forward system will return in this game? Despite how bad the music quality is in that game (I've learned from listening to remixes that the music itself actually wasn't that bad when played using better quality midis or real instruments) I still love HoD because of that dashing system.

- Can create combos
Seriously? About damn time. I look at other modern 2D side-scrollers such as MegaMan ZX or Konami's own CV-ish Shaman King games that both had at the least 3 different animations when you attacked and I can't help but feel that CV is falling behind the times in this area. I always thought it'd be pretty awesome to have LoI or CoD's combo system in one of the 2D CVs. It'd add more to the battle system and using different weapon types would have more meaning if they did different combos.

- Side quests given by rescued villagers - villager data available in menui
This makes it sound like there will be villages and NPC interactions in this game which would be a cool step up for CV games. Probably make it feel more like CV2.

- World map utilized
I wonder if this means world map as in RPG world map where you walk around to go to different places or just that all the places you go to in the game are shown on another map (probably a map of Europe, Romania or Translyvania or whatever) when you for instance use the teleport chambers but in reality it's the same interconnected places system used in previous games. I'm expecting the second one but either way this still means that you get to go out of the damn castle for a change (heh, be cool if they made the game feel sorta 2 parted like how the upside down castle made SotN feel and make the 2nd part of this game Dracula's Castle).
Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 03:17:24 pm by Leric

Demo Blog
  • *peck*
  • PipPipPip
What the hell is with the last clip in that video? Tentacle rape? This otta make otomon happy :sly: