Games Morrowind Vs. Oblivion (Read 4401 times)

• [Utada Hikaru <3]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
I don't know if it was ever fixed but Morrowind shuts down without any warning randomly every 20 minutes or so. That alone made me stop playing +desolate barrens that cover 90% of the landscape with those fucking aerodactyls.

I think it advertised itself as a versatile RPG with a LOT to do and I guess its that to a certain extent, its just that its so fucking boring and the highlight of the game is stealing items from houses.
  • DragonSlayer o_O
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
I couldn't really get into Morrowind, it just felt too bland and boring to me. Oblivion was a lot of fun though, exploring the world is fun even though the repetitive dungeons can get pretty annoying. I think being able to play it with good settings makes it a better experience though. Anyway, I actually haven't beaten Oblivion because I spent most of my time playing doing all kinds of side-quests and just exploring and yeah I had a blast so I would recommend it even though the game has its flaws.
To Never Be Known Is The Worst Death
  • Artist, novelist, gamer, and friend.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
In Morrowind, you have to pay attention to the story to find your way. In Oblivion you can be Oblivious and just follow the magical red dot. I prefer that, since I've no interest in the Elder Scroll story.
  • ruined former youth seeking atonement
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
In Morrowind, you have to pay attention to the story to find your way. In Oblivion you can be Oblivious and just follow the magical red dot. I prefer that, since I've no interest in the Elder Scroll story.

yeah well this is the thing. morrowind is kind of impenetrable unless you want to invest a lot of time scouring through the annals of tamriel history. now i would be pretty happy to do this is these annals did not chronicle stale and generic fantasy, but i've got a surprise for you.

the surprise is that they do. they do do that.
  • Woof Woof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
yeah this too.

when i had morrowind originally, i was lost as hell. i remembered like the beginning you get off a boat or something then you're thrust into the world. in oblivion you're thrust in the world with OBJECTIVES.

in morrowind you're thrust into it fuck all. you pretty have to talk to everyone with these LONG BRANCHING trees of speech and learning a billion things. i didn't really ever find out my actual goal of the game (other than EXPLORE!!!!) before i quit playing it. now that i'm older i'll probably try it again some day, but when i played it first i was pretty young and uninterested!
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Dravvad

Xbox 360 Gamertag: https://account.xbox.com/en-US/Profile?gamerTag=HARDLUCKDUCK

last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/MaidenRocks99
(Yeah, great name, but I was like 14)
  • Genericism is the phoenix of originality.
  • Pip
CLIFF RACERS

Get oblivion, assuming your computer can handle it.

EDIT:

Seriously, though, although Morrowind is quite interesting, and well worth its low price tag right now, Oblivion is probably the better game.

Reasons why Oblivion is better:

Better graphics (not that that's a good reason, anyway)
better combat
better interface
more versatile (i.e. playing as a mage is way easier)
fatigue isn't deducted when you run
fast travel (no gay silt striders for me)

Why you might get Morrowind instead:

Quite a bit cheaper (at least, where I live)
still has the same kind of gameplay (if you're not sure you're into this kind of game, you might not want to waste your money)
not terrible graphics, at least
slightly less irritating main quest (except for the ashlander tribes bit)
Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 04:09:40 am by Patient #14
Upon arriving the attending doctor could find no abnormal physical symptoms other than extremely dilated pupils. After spending several hours terrified that his body had been possessed by a demon, that his next door neighbor was a witch, and that his furniture was threatening him, Dr. Hofmann feared he had become completely insane.
  • By by
  • PipPipPipPip
i got morrorwind for like $10 for the PC and I only played it like, twice for about 20 minutes. has to be one of the boringest fuckin games i've played in my life(besides beloved rapture).

what really put me to sleep was THE HUGE VARIETY OF ABOUT 12 SONGS IN THE ENTIRE GAME!! the combat was dreadful. though, i liked killing npcs and stealing their clothes(lol).
  • Who's the boss? Not you, bitch.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
they both suck dog, download daggerfall
Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
though, i liked killing npcs and stealing their clothes(lol).

Oh yeah! The first thing I did with my weirdo gay fat elf, was wander into a bog after being released from the boat. Then I was attacked by some crab, and a wizard fell out of the sky. I thought, "this is odd." Then donned his outfit.
That was one of the continual drawing factors of Morrowind: Stealing peoples clothes, and sleeping in their beds. AND GETTING AWAY WITH IT. Sure, the magic was hard, the archery was nigh impossible, and the sword swinging had funtastic collysion detection--- but I got to murder people and wear womens clothing as my gay fat elf.
Then Oblivion came around, and there's like this godly omnipotency about the guards of the realm. Regardless where you are, in a house or dungeon... if you steal anything (even by mistake) good chance the guards will storm in and arrest you/beat the snot out of you. And you can't cross dress!
  • Pip
Both.

http://kotaku.com/5031004/morroblivion-+-you-got-your-morrowind-in-my-oblivion
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Both.

Oooo! Nice find, GigasFist!
  • THE FAT ONE
Both.

I thought Bethesda squashed this project.  I remember something called Morrowind Resurrection or something.
  • The man in the woods.
Both.

"You cant play trough the entire game, you can only visit the cities and see the land, there are no scripts, dialogs, etc."

Neither.
  • Will you walk the realms of Chaos with me?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
There will be later, Chainer. There is still monsters etc too.
  • sea of vodka
what standards do you use to rate things man
  • Lichens!
i believe daggerfall had more gramps....
  • Yay! I drew a pic of me!
  • PipPipPipPip
I prefer Morrowind, levitate spells don't exist in Oblivion.  The quests are better too (except for the Dark Brotherhood quests in Oblivion, those are just awesome).
Yeah I remember saving up SHITTONS of gold pieces in Morrowind so I could enchant my boots or something with a constant effect levitate spell.  It pretty much completely broke the game from that point on, but it was AWESOME.

And, yeah, the Dark Brotherhood quests in Oblivion were awesome because they were CREATIVE.  Like, they could have just been regular GO KILL THIS GUY THEN COME BACK quests but they changed them up and added twists.  The one in Bruma with the moose head or whatever was probably my favorite.  Felt like Hitman to me :P
  • Watch out Kitty! The room turned sideways!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
what standards do you use to rate things man
Daggerfall had a better combat system, a more friendly user interface, and more customization. The graphics sucked and there was almost no voice acting but it was the best. I don't know why they changed the battle system other than CONSOLE PLAYERS seriously.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Yeah I remember saving up SHITTONS of gold pieces in Morrowind so I could enchant my boots or something with a constant effect levitate spell.  It pretty much completely broke the game from that point on, but it was AWESOME.

And, yeah, the Dark Brotherhood quests in Oblivion were awesome because they were CREATIVE.  Like, they could have just been regular GO KILL THIS GUY THEN COME BACK quests but they changed them up and added twists.  The one in Bruma with the moose head or whatever was probably my favorite.  Felt like Hitman to me :P

My fave was the 'who-dunnit' in the mansion. I love that mission.
  • Five foot ace of clubs?!?!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Daggerfall had a better combat system, a more friendly user interface, and more customization. The graphics sucked and there was almost no voice acting but it was the best. I don't know why they changed the battle system other than CONSOLE PLAYERS seriously.
I played a little bit of Daggerfall, but not much. I can say that it was fucking HUGE. Though, while it was huge, the world was pretty bland and stuff.