Hype 'A Next Metal Gear Is...' (Read 2007 times)

• THE FAT ONE
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
the 30 minute thing was a rumor but the ending might have clocked in that long with credits.

The total time of cutscenes, however, does add up close to 8 hours.  Hideo mentions it in the "making of" disc. 

Beating the game in 5 hours nets you big boss rank and there are 8 hours of cutscenes.  There are more cutscenes then there is gameplay FFFFFFFFFF

I could care less if the game comes to the 360.  There's just no money in exclusives (unless Micro$oft is paying you).  Future "console wars" will be determined by the features built into the console, not the games themselves because I predict that exclusive 3rd party games will become rarer and rare in the next 5 years.
  • What, me worry?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
MGS4 is a dumb fucking game.

The story is so godawful compared to the rest of the canon.

Seriously I fucking hate that shit, I fucking hate Kojima.

I will never forgive him for those 10 hours i spent on line.

fuck metal gear

man i can't believe i own MGS4 AND an unopened MGS4 LE I really want to see the making of.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Soon there's only gonna be 3 games per console with one exclusive on each and people are still gonna call each other faggots for buying one over the other.
  • The Lunatic Is On The Grass.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
::looks down at the power symbol on his Sony laptop, it looks exactly the same as the symbol in the flash video::

:welp:
While I know it's the same symbol as on many things, the power symbol on the PC is not associated with being green, while green is the 360's official colour. I'm not saying this is definitly going to be for the Xbox, but it does seem rather likely to me considering that neither the Wii or PS3 have got GREEN power buttons.
  • Insane teacher
MGS4 is a dumb fucking game.

The story is so godawful compared to the rest of the canon.

Seriously I fucking hate that shit, I fucking hate Kojima.

I will never forgive him for those 10 hours i spent on line.

fuck metal gear

man i can't believe i own MGS4 AND an unopened MGS4 LE I really want to see the making of.

you can make fun of him for saying canon but he's right in how awful the plot was.

also:

While I know it's the same symbol as on many things, the power symbol on the PC is not associated with being green, while green is the 360's official colour. I'm not saying this is definitly going to be for the Xbox, but it does seem rather likely to me considering that neither the Wii or PS3 have got GREEN power buttons.

yah but he later made the point that i probably stands for iphone/pod and ! is the symbol for acid, its probably an acid for cellphones.
brian chemicals
Snaaaaaake!!!
  • The Lunatic Is On The Grass.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
yah but he later made the point that i probably stands for iphone/pod and ! is the symbol for acid, its probably an acid for cellphones.
Interesting choice of colour then, since green isn't associated with either the iPod or MGA.

It's soooo vague at the moment, but I hope it's something that suprises me quite pleasantly...
  • THE FAT ONE
you can make fun of him for saying canon but he's right in how awful the plot was.

hehe i tried to argue with gz saying that "it wasn't that bad" but then i got to the scene in chapter 4 where ocelot runs away taunting snake like a little bitch and raiden cuts his arm off and stops a battleship for like 30 whole seconds.

i just stopped caring from that point.
  • Insane teacher
wasn't there a voiceover of rose being like JACK...I LOVE YOU during that segment. it was so fucking awful.

mgs2 you could argue was a postmodern work intentionally campy and strange and there's elements to support this like PRESIDENT DICK GRAB, mgs1 is just preachy anime with a hint of what's to come (i mean, PUT CONTROLLER ON THE GROUND etc), mgs3 is more like 1 but mgs4 is just badly plotted and everyone restates everything; this was always a series problem but who didn't have most of the non plot point figured out by the time they eventually touched on it. SNAKE...YOU HAVE NO CHANCE SURVIVE MAKE YOUR TIME.

the best part of MGS4 was psycho mantis coming back and flipping out that there's a ps3 and just being like GFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FUCK YOU GUY.
brian chemicals
Metal gear solid 4 is like counterstrike meets anime
  • i am a swordsman
i hope they release a metal gear game for the dreamcast
  • What, me worry?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I'm so pissed because MGS4 started off with a pretty good story. I really liked how Rose married Colonel and all that shit, but they just threw everything away. I kept playing with SOME HOPE THE ENDING WOULD BE GOOD.

But that was the worst part of the whole game.
  • THE FAT ONE
the best part of MGS4 was psycho mantis coming back and flipping out that there's a ps3 and just being like GFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FUCK YOU GUY.

PSYCHO MANTIS???!!!!???
I'm so pissed because MGS4 started off with a pretty good story. I really liked how Rose married Colonel and all that shit, but they just threw everything away. I kept playing with SOME HOPE THE ENDING WOULD BE GOOD.

But that was the worst part of the whole game.

Real comedy ends with a marriage
  • THE FAT ONE
Real comedy ends with a marriage

ENDS WITH MARRIAGE!!???!!?? HRMARHRMRHRMRMRHRMRHM!!!
A comedic tragedy... A fittind close for our tragic hero who spent his life on the battlefield. However with every ending there is a new beginning...
  • I need to watch things die
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
you just can't please some people
  • Comrade!
  • PipPipPipPip

Dude, why are you stil arguing this?  The power button on my laptop is the same green color as in the flash movie, so unless my Vaio is about to transform into a 360, I'm pretty sure this is a pretty moot point.  ....the google ad at the top of the page.... it's green.... what twisted fate is in store for the 360?  I just noticed my shirt has some green in it.... soon I will be on the 360.

Talking about the cutscenes in MGS4... I'm pretty sure the one cutscene topped out at over an hour.  And if I remeber correctly wasn't Act 3 just nothing BUT a cut scene?  I'm pretty sure one of the acts were.
  • Insane teacher
no but I think act 3 was like really bad sneaking and then a motorcycle driving rails section followed by a boss. that was the one where the controls changed and you didn't actually do any sneaking around you just followed a guy who was whistling.

none could have topped an hour but the ending. the ending was just SO LONG. my friend came over, his mom had a snack and my mom chatted and by the time he left it was still going on. it's definitely near an hour if you count the final fight of hitting R1 as part of the cutscene.
brian chemicals
  • Comrade!
  • PipPipPipPip
Oh man, that sneaking part was horrendous.  Especially due to how bad the AI was at times.  The idiot guy you are supposed to follow would randomly decide to go THE WHOLE WAY TO THE BEGINNING of the level numerous times.  And it wasn't even fun!  It just felt like a chore.