Art - Finished [ALBUM RELEASE] now with vid of a whole show! and a review! swansaw- flight and falling (Read 5687 times)

• Insane teacher
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
throw a reference to us if you can:

i'd like to thank the gracious winners...
and we'll know
brian chemicals
  • I fear and I tremble
yeah I bet you guys'll get a call when this gets in rolling stone

or atleast alot more downloads make sure: ITS FREE.FREE ALBUM.ON INTERNET. is in there somewhere
Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 12:18:58 am by Coxswain
DEUCE: MEETING THE URINE UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL AND REALIZING IT'S JUST LIKE ME AND MY PREJUDICES  THIS WHOLE TIME WERE COMPLETELY FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF PTTTTHTHTHH GOD IT'S EVERYWHERE<br />DEUCE: FUCK THIS TASTES LIKE PISS<br />PANTS: WHERE IT SHOULD TASTE LIKE COTTON CANDY OR PICKLES<br />DEUCE: OR AT LEAST LIKE URINE NOT PISS
  • It's A Short Eternity... live with it
holyt shit that is so awesome. i'mnm gonna listen to this tonight. i have high expectations for you mr. evenson!!!
  • thx ds k?
namedrop gw. do it! we'll get like 3,000 new members
  • The MONSTER that lives inside of your COUCH!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
i talked to my bro at rolling stone.  hes gonna score us some good blow and take the band out to this place he knows.  says they got a real good bathroom to do coke in.
  • destroyer of mayos
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
so you're gonna be on the cover of rolling stone? sweet

forget anything negative i have ever said in the past you know how i am..
can i be a roadie??? i'll lift some amps for you anytime
  • Insane teacher
I'll be honest btw this is too POSTROCKY for my taste and I honestly listened for Couchfiend vocals so I was disappointed!

on the other hand you guys have your shit clearly together. it is just...not my kind of shit...

edit: this part in the aftermath that sounds like the trigun theme song was pretty great.
Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 01:33:50 am by Magical Negro
brian chemicals
  • I fear and I tremble
yeah I think if you guys get down and try to write some more melodic/vocally oriented stuff it could really rule the shits (I know you said you were already doing something like this). I know you're capable of it because of your other 2 albums plus you got other people working with you, so I can't wait to hear another release.

I think have not is the best on the album, you really hit it with that opening.

Also yeah some songs are a bit too long (and this is coming from someone who likes long ass tool songs)
Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 01:46:48 am by Coxswain
DEUCE: MEETING THE URINE UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL AND REALIZING IT'S JUST LIKE ME AND MY PREJUDICES  THIS WHOLE TIME WERE COMPLETELY FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF PTTTTHTHTHH GOD IT'S EVERYWHERE<br />DEUCE: FUCK THIS TASTES LIKE PISS<br />PANTS: WHERE IT SHOULD TASTE LIKE COTTON CANDY OR PICKLES<br />DEUCE: OR AT LEAST LIKE URINE NOT PISS
  • Insane teacher
hey is the harmonica or whatever playing "amazing grace" slightly off key in the after?

edit: pretty sure it is. man you guys have your sound together. if I had heard this three years ago when I had been slightly into postrock I would be freaking out.

edit edit: finally couch vocals...
Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 01:42:26 am by Magical Negro
brian chemicals
  • now das fresh
  • Group: Member
i havent listened to this "released" version but im sure what i have is the same, but the very last song for some reason is great. that little girl, man. i dunno why but i like listening to it.
yes coulombs are "germaine", did you learn that word at talk like a dick school?
  • You probally thought you werent gunna die today suprise!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
i love postrock at the moment!
  • Watch out Kitty! The room turned sideways!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
hey this is very polished , good couch and co album.

why is there a minute of silence at the end?
  • Insane teacher
yeah I was going to ask. why'd you do that, I listened waiting for...hidden track.
brian chemicals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
yeah there were some people talking in one of the neighboring yards and i thought it was coming from my speakers so i went in and searched through the wave form for a hidden couch message.

add a hidden couch message.
yeah, the opening song was definitely the best (also the one that sounded most like aerogramme thanks to couch singing). I was hoping for a lot more couch singing on this album, so I have to admit that was a bit of a disappointment, and I did not expect this postrock sound, but I still really liked it! Like steel, I think I would have absolutely LOVED IT like a year or two ago.

other favorites were "havenot" , "aftermath," "abraham's ashes" and "of solitary but better homes."

"the after" was very very godspeed but I still liked it.

i think the main issue is it falls into the general pitfall of postrock - without vocals, few songs are memorable. the aftermath has that catchy intro riff, "the after" has the harmonica, and we brought our own air has the great couch vocals with the high energy post rock. Without those songs, i think you'd be in a bit of trouble.

edit: but yes, add this to the growing list of GW releases that Im proud enough of to share with my friends.
  • The MONSTER that lives inside of your COUCH!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Question-- do you guys hear the distorted vocals on some of the heavier parts or even recognize them as vocals?  I know they are unintelligible lyrically but I'm wondering what they sound like to people that don't know what they are.

glad everybody digs.  and yeah there is a new album in the works with more vocals and shit.  Also if you want to hear some stuff thats less postrocky and more vocalcentric def check out Something Desperate which is now up and around at http://www.flightandfalling.com .

and yeah there is validity to your criticisms ase.  although idk I like to think of this album as not a post rock album per se, just heavily influenced by the genre.  but yeah validity.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
yeah i recognized them as vocals but the way they're mixed it doesn't really strike as a vocal part of the song because it's kinda background.

EDIT: downloading that others tuff by the waty. i'll be back in a bit when it finished downloading.
Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 04:35:46 am by Alec
  • wake up with the king
  • Pip
i took a tour of cathedral middle moon it is bank and the liner notes are cozy aight
Max 1000; characters remaining: 965

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I really like let them bear you up ok but the vocals still seem a little too low in the mix to me.