Politics labour fucked, bnp somehow manage to get 2 seats (Read 1189 times)

• I gots a lego!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
labour is falling to pieces. i'm hoping lib dems will take there place in the next few years.
www.jmickle.com
  • ruined former youth seeking atonement
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
It's really time I paid more attention to the politics of the UK. I live there and I know very little about what goes on besides the most obvious stuff. I gotta confess: I didn't even vote. I meant to but guess what? I fell asleep instead. If I had been conscious, though, I would have went and voted for the Green Party. I live in Norwich right now where they are actually viable, where you're more likely to see a "VOTE GREEN" flagpost than a Labour one, and I did not see a single conservative one although I'm sure they exist since Norfolk as a whole is very conservative. Alot of the green vote comes from the students around here.

Anyway yeah it has been obvious for a while that Labour has been on the way out. Regardless of anything else, the media tide has washed them out and they can't get back. A conservative government might mean a much bigger push for Scottish independence among Scottish people, though. I'm not sure if that is good or bad.
Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 05:30:37 pm by jamie
  • Fuckin' A.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
fuck you too mate
here to help :fogetcool:
  • I gots a lego!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
A conservative government might mean a much bigger push for Scottish independence among Scottish people, though. I'm not sure if that is good or bad.

i cant think of ANYTHING that the conservatives will do that would be good. a helluva lot will not affect me in any substantial way, such as this, but a lot will just put me in a worst position. I am in one of the lowest income brackets so i'm a 'target' for them. i predict within 5 years the nhs will be completely or at least 50% privatised.

edit: that was a lot of effort for that one post, dom
www.jmickle.com
  • I gots a lego!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
yeah labour have gone pretty far right esp with tony blair but tories cant be beat on shit like that.
www.jmickle.com
  • ruined former youth seeking atonement
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
i cant think of ANYTHING that the conservatives will do that would be good. a helluva lot will not affect me in any substantial way, such as this, but a lot will just put me in a worst position. I am in one of the lowest income brackets so i'm a 'target' for them. i predict within 5 years the nhs will be completely or at least 50% privatised.

The conservatives wouldn't be the ones to do it, but they would provoke that reaction. There is already quite a bit of support in Scotland for Scottish independence and after a while of suffering under an English conservative government that would probably only get stronger. Scotland has hated the tories since at least Margaret Thatcher, maybe before but I don't know anything about that.

i predict within 5 years the nhs will be completely or at least 50% privatised.

This seems a bit ridiculous to me, just off the cuff. I don't know if you're just being a bit reactionary or if you know anything about it. I'm not saying I do it's just the NHS has survived conservative governments before and this one isn't even the worst there has been.
  • Funky Monk
  • PipPip

woohoo
Your Pussy's Glued to a Building on Fire

"We're gonna live like kings! Damn hell assed kings!"
www.myspace.com/tvdreams
www.myspace.com/untitledhead